that wetsuit discussion...

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

grapsta
regular

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by grapsta » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:22 pm

just got wetsuit repair job back from Aquasea in Taren Pt ...stoked theres someone doing repairs and happy with the job from looking at it

longyfreshy
Grommet

Post by longyfreshy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Even though I have a steamer for here in Sydney and at my age I find it too bloody cold and I get tired very easily surfing in a wetsuit like I am carrying an extra 10 kilos. Also I am struggling to get the thing off as I am shivering too much LOL!
Call me a wuss and your right :lol:

Moore
regular

Post by Moore » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:53 am

You get used to surfing in a suit for sure...

I have the opposite problem - first surf in boardies after a stint in suits and I surf like a drunk baby giraffe :lol:

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Anyone know anything about this new wetty brand/ company called Arzen that has just been started by a group of blokes on the Northern Beaches?

Hats off to them for giving it a go in what is a tough industry and tough retail environment. Would probably rather support smaller guys like this than the big companies however the fact that they are using words such as Dope, Froth and Yeew on their blog and website kinda really turns me off. I can just vision the types of people who are behind the company. Skinny jeans, ass hanging out of their pants blah blah.Possibly I am not cool enough to purchase one of their wetties? It's kinda like they are trying a bit too hard with the whole 'image' thing. Anyway I hope it works for them as it would be good to see a new young brand do well. That would be rather dope and I would be stoked if they are frothing over it. :D

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Dunno. Making wetsuits is a tough gig. You need really good cuts, superb rubber, and a good awareness of what works in a wide range of conditions. There's a reason why the best wetsuit makers are the people who've been doing it for 30, 40, 50 years. Like (for the most part) boardmakers.

longyfreshy a wet full wetsuit weighs between 2 and 3kg.

longyfreshy
Grommet

Post by longyfreshy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks Nick that makes me feel worse LOL! I do struggle a lot in one as I feel like I am in a straight jacket even though it is a good wetsuit, but I am going to claim age for my poor form :lol: oh and maybe lack of strength! I am quite lean so you think the lack of body weight should help but it doesn't I surf marginally better in a spring suit but can't wait for the warmer days of surfing in boardies. I know surfing more often in a steamer will help but atm it is freezing here in Sydney!

johnperry736

Post by johnperry736 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:44 pm

I think that wetsuit should make from good fabrics and right size and also, made from newest technology, which is reliable and affordable.

johnperry736

Post by johnperry736 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:50 pm

My favorite is one-ill rash guards for wetsuits. Check out, and hope, you like it.

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:59 pm

johnperry736 wrote:My favorite is one-ill rash guards for wetsuits. Check out, and hope, you like it.
Nasty ill rash, probably contagious, don't wear somebody else's wetsuit!

Strangely enough it is a major brand just creamed by the spell check :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The onward march of functional illiteracy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:57 pm

I hope john perrys husband gets over it. Must hurt with that -dash- there.

spaddywaddy

Post by spaddywaddy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:50 am

Personally i like the C Skin wired. I have had mine now for 3 seasons and its been as good as gold.

I noticed that others seem to like the Cypher. Its only one review but i think it will help the OP. Very interesting and honest review.

http://www.rideonsurfshop.co.uk/quiksil ... view-2012/

I'm looking around for a new summer wetsuit and looking at reviews. I have had Ebombs and they dont last.

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:12 am

Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Natho wrote: Would probably rather support smaller guys like this than the big companies however the fact that they are using words such as Dope, Froth and Yeew on their blog and website kinda really turns me off. I can just vision the types of people who are behind the company. Skinny jeans, ass hanging out of their pants blah blah.Possibly I am not cool enough to purchase one of their wetties? It's kinda like they are trying a bit too hard with the whole 'image' thing.
Note to self. Start company that creates something useful.

Have as your logo/brand/image the following:

"No image, no brand, no clue"

Works on so many levels.

I wonder how long before some marketing guy picks this up and I find it on some store window.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:05 pm

Well, it was going to be no brand, no image, but that was too clean, too corporate, so I had to add a redundant third phrase, and came up with no idea,

but then I thought that no clue sounded better.

It's the anti-image image thingy. Not really sure that it works on any levels, just threw that in to hear the sound of my own voice, if you get my drift.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Been done already.

Refer to the White Album.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Ive had a couple of Cyphers and many other Quicky wetties. The issue for me has been that their top end wetties do not last 5 minutes. When they ask $600 RRP you expect a wetty to last at least more than one season, not that I would pay anywhere near that for one.

spaddywaddy

Post by spaddywaddy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:08 pm

I have never had a cypher, but not looking promising for me to buy one!

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:24 pm

the magic seaweed shop has got cyphers starting at £210 ($315??). Free international shipping as well
Beanpole wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:06 pm
Why would I wear a mask?