Here sharky sharky

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

el rancho
Duke Status

Re: Here sharky sharky

Post by el rancho » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:09 pm

a little love bite, nothin to worry about.

prolly wanted to mate or something.
he's got good mates tho, imagine bein by yourself after that

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:43 pm

Heres an interesting one. If there is just you and your mate out in the water sitting 20 m apart. Your mate gets hit by a shark and it's thrashing around.

Do you;

a) paddle for your life and try and get away
b) paddle over and try and help your mate.

I reckon marcus would probably pull out the bowie knife he has stored in his wetty and prepare the shark for the fish and chip shop down the road, but what would the average person do?
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:55 pm

You'd have to help your mate. It's instinct. When the shit goes down, people help each other out. It makes perfect evolutionary sense.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:03 pm

Coops@DY wrote:You'd have to help your mate. It's instinct. When the shit goes down, people help each other out. It makes perfect evolutionary sense.
I guess I'm just spineless then.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:44 pm

I reckon fong would have a suitably sized fishing hook ready for the occasion, where was fong when they needed him?
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:58 pm

TMC wrote:Heres an interesting one. If there is just you and your mate out in the water sitting 20 m apart. Your mate gets hit by a shark and it's thrashing around.
Do you;

having been hit by a shark (not bitten), i have to add another option, which is exactly what my mate did:

c) not even notice, take the best wave of the day, get his first ever standup barrel (4 secs) and decide to paddle in on a high, without even a backward glance!

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:28 am

Coops@DY wrote:You'd have to help your mate. It's instinct. When the shit goes down, people help each other out. It makes perfect evolutionary sense.
In my opinion, you're either born with it or you're not...

Situations like this really bring out peoples' true colours...

Most of us will never know how we will react until we're actually staring in the face of the situation...

In my years I have seen some of the most unassuming figures stand up and be counted when the situation has dictated.

The question is, will the man have the strength of character to re-enter the water and continue surfing?
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:54 am

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:42 am

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:56 pm

TMC wrote:Heres an interesting one. If there is just you and your mate out in the water sitting 20 m apart. Your mate gets hit by a shark and it's thrashing around.

Do you;

Well let's face it TMC, on your own recent evidence, you wouldn't have made it out the back

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:12 pm

Toby wrote:I taped a show last night on Ch 7 or 9 or something called Maneaters. I watched the first 5min or so about a guy who got nipped on the hip at Boulders by a juvenile great white. Looks like a great show, sensationalist with lots of recreation footage. Bit spooky by the looks of it. Fong would love it.
I saw that! There was a woman who was kayaking and a GW knocked her so hard it flipped her out of the kayak and she landed standing up on her feet ontop of the shark. The shark casually swam off with her on top. Her family in the boat didn't see the initial collision but saw her crying and "walking on water". They started laughing before they came to grips of how serious the matter was.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:18 pm

Coops@DY wrote:
Toby wrote:I taped a show last night on Ch 7 or 9 or something called Maneaters. I watched the first 5min or so about a guy who got nipped on the hip at Boulders by a juvenile great white. Looks like a great show, sensationalist with lots of recreation footage. Bit spooky by the looks of it. Fong would love it.
I saw that! There was a woman who was kayaking and a GW knocked her so hard it flipped her out of the kayak and she landed standing up on her feet ontop of the shark. The shark casually swam off with her on top. Her family in the boat didn't see the initial collision but saw her crying and "walking on water". They started laughing before they came to grips of how serious the matter was.
Have I told you the one about the Gremlin!
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:11 pm