best board for me?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

monkeyman
regular

Re: best board for me?

Post by monkeyman » Wed May 26, 2010 1:22 pm

300 bucks for that old boat is rediculous - his dad obviously thinks that what you paid initially for a board has some relation to what you sell it for years later. Boards die quickly and depreciate.

I'd be going fat, 19 inches plus, thick 2.5 inches plus and above 6'6" - I started on the wrong board when i was a wee tacker and with my lack of natural skill it was quite inhibiting.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Wed May 26, 2010 2:28 pm

Watch that mate of yours -300 for that piece of crap.
Last edited by Davros on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

$heepy

Post by $heepy » Wed May 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Nappy i am pretty interested in that chuppa chup board. and i should have the money by the end of the week if its ok can i come up and look at it sometime next week mabye?

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Wed May 26, 2010 8:07 pm

Nappy wrote: Sheepy I am on the MId, Port Noarlunga.
Nappy... my condolences mate... :D ;)

Sheepy second hand boards on the Mid are a bit of a gyp in shops... I'm not gonna name names but generally the further away from the Esplanade the better. :twisted:

Always worth having a chat to Rick at Mid Coast Surf, usually a few reasonable s/h boards in the shop and if not he can point u in the right direction. You can get lucky at Crime Converters at Morphett Vale or Christies too. I'm serial.

Know a few blokes here your size / weight who turnover boards regularly... I'll ask around.

There's a Cutties board in as new nick on the Gov classifieds where I am contracting at the moment... been sitting a while too 8) . I'll check dims tomorrow and get you details if it looks suitable.

dUg
barnacle

Post by dUg » Wed May 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Oh yeah... and three hundred bucks for that board?

Dreamin'...

:P

Nappy
Local

Post by Nappy » Fri May 28, 2010 2:27 pm

$heepy wrote:Nappy i am pretty interested in that chuppa chup board. and i should have the money by the end of the week if its ok can i come up and look at it sometime next week mabye?
ok, Ill try get a pic up tonite, cause its a LOUD fucker. Ill PM you.

Dug I know, I try not winge but I swear it gets smaller and less swells every year in the gulf. When I was a grommet Y-steps used to pump weekly in winter. Nows if its 2 foot om the mid it enough to write a song about it.

dUg
barnacle

Post by dUg » Sat May 29, 2010 2:23 pm

Nappy wrote:
$heepy wrote:Nappy i am pretty interested in that chuppa chup board. and i should have the money by the end of the week if its ok can i come up and look at it sometime next week mabye?
ok, Ill try get a pic up tonite, cause its a LOUD ****. Ill PM you.

Dug I know, I try not winge but I swear it gets smaller and less swells every year in the gulf. When I was a grommet Y-steps used to pump weekly in winter. Nows if its 2 foot om the mid it enough to write a song about it.
^^ not to mention a cast of 1000's like last Tuesday. :roll:

$heepy... had a mate email me yesterday asking to help shift 8 of his boards :o . He's got allsorts, lives at Moana. PM me if you want his deets.

Nappy
Local

Post by Nappy » Sat May 29, 2010 7:10 pm

edit...Gonski
Last edited by Nappy on Mon May 31, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

$heepy

Post by $heepy » Mon May 31, 2010 6:09 pm

thanks nappy, all good, and looks in much better condition then both the other boards i have

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:14 pm

could be a new thread, but what's the dis/advantages of a stringerless fish?

Seen a 5'9 DVS stringerless fish with a volane glassjob and glassed in carbon twin keels going for $500 somewhere and it sounds like it's pretty good nick...

Anyone care to educate me on the pros and cons of the above board.
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Mon May 31, 2010 8:46 pm

Mate not sure about the stringerless side of things, but I could give you at least 10 disadvantages of riding a fish in general (Im talking about a true fish originally designed for going straight on long California point break style waves.... and nothing else).
In short not suited to the typical peaky beach break waves we get on the East coast of Oz.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:40 am

could be a new thread, but what's the dis/advantages of a stringerless fish?

Seen a 5'9 DVS stringerless fish with a volane glassjob and glassed in carbon twin keels going for $500 somewhere and it sounds like it's pretty good nick...

Can't tell you about stringerless, but i surfed a keel fish for about 2 years. Bit more curve in the planshape ( still wide though ), and more modern rocker ( not dead flat ), and it was a lot of fun.

Will you rip on it?? Only if you're a shithot surfer.

Will "crew" accept you into the herd?? Fcuk no.

Will you have fun and catch a heap of waves?? Fcuk yeah.

Try as many as you can, find the one that feels the best, buy it, whatever it is.

Or, buy a white 6'2'' x 18 x fcuk all, put stickers on it, and hang out with "crew".