F******g J*w

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Butts, beach_defender, Shari, collnarra, Forum Moderators

alakaboo
Duke Status
Posts: 18660
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: F******g J*w

Post by alakaboo » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:52 am

Nick Carroll wrote: Wanna see some real trickery? Go look in the dustbin of clips for most modern surf dvds. You'll see more wipeouts and dud turns than you'd believe possible. For every golden moment there's 20 flounders.
being in Tonga at the same time as some billabong pros was eye-opening in this regard.
most of the younger guys would surf the whole wave, Margo would basically surf it once, pick the section he wanted to hit, then spend the rest of the session jamming along to there with speed and obliterating it until he got the perfect shot.
maybe because he was (is?) on a freesurf contract, but it was interesting to see the totally professional approach. he was the same at ping-pong.

ace buchan could do both, surf the wave and get the shot, and never fell while i was watching.

alakaboo
Duke Status
Posts: 18660
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: F******g J*w

Post by alakaboo » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:56 am

lovenutz wrote: I reckon thats bullshit...
Dane, jordy, Taj, Kerrzy are incredibly consistent (Kerrzy just doesnt have the rail act). What about those young Brazo kids?
So many guys have got through heats by simply getting better waves in the past and having a good smart strategy ie kieran perrow
consistency isn't always interesting to watch, which is why some of the kids are getting all the wraps, because they are.
I just can't get excited about brazillian surfing.
adriano de souza rarely falls, and gets his body into some ridiculous angles, but i'd rather eat cat vomit than sit through a whole video of his surfing.
and that's setting aside his ridiculous claiming...

User avatar
matt...
charger
Posts: 893
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:31 pm
Location: lurking around the sharktower carpark

Re: F******g J*w

Post by matt... » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Damage wrote:
Nick Carroll wrote:
matt... wrote: Forgettable, ha, yeah right. I'll be dead before I forget watching BL do that.
See Matt, sprung; you're full of it.

:D
damage, damage, damage... you're only showing your true [mis]intentions by misquoting. hence, you're full of it. go back to trolling the web for misguided blogs.
alakaboo wrote:
Nick Carroll wrote: Wanna see some real trickery? Go look in the dustbin of clips for most modern surf dvds. You'll see more wipeouts and dud turns than you'd believe possible. For every golden moment there's 20 flounders.
being in Tonga at the same time as some billabong pros was eye-opening in this regard.
most of the younger guys would surf the whole wave, Margo would basically surf it once, pick the section he wanted to hit, then spend the rest of the session jamming along to there with speed and obliterating it until he got the perfect shot.
maybe because he was (is?) on a freesurf contract, but it was interesting to see the totally professional approach. he was the same at ping-pong.

ace buchan could do both, surf the wave and get the shot, and never fell while i was watching.
go ace!
i recall one day at avoca pines...
solid waves, but the banks just weren't doing it. straight handers everywhere. regulars, boardriders, tourists, everyone out there - frustrated.
there was only one smidgen of a left, 0.9 seconds of wall before closing out. take off sideways to give yourself the best chance, quick mid-face turn, quick turn under the lip. shutdown.
ace comes out & manages 3 backhand reos on EVERY wave, without falling off once. he got 4 times more length out of those rides than anyone else on the day. no ifs, no buts, [no ship] no argument. not even from his mates in the boardriders.
i sit in awe & appreciate talents i will never have.
ditto for sess out at whaley in early '90's where martin potter did the quickest turns & more of them than i have ever seen.
no argument that the pros have the talent, NC, some just stick in my mind longer for more positive reasons.
nature is a language. can't you read?
if you spend your life looking behind you, you don't see what's up front...

User avatar
Buff_Brad
barnacle
Posts: 2328
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:43 pm
Location: Wall Street

Re: F******g J*w

Post by Buff_Brad » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:03 am

dinosaur wrote:
matt... wrote: no argument that the pros have the talent, NC, some just stick in my mind longer for more positive reasons.

Yeah well in your case it's that extra 21'st chromomsone hanging onto the info, rainman style.
:lol: Beat me to it.

User avatar
matt...
charger
Posts: 893
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:31 pm
Location: lurking around the sharktower carpark

Re: F******g J*w

Post by matt... » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:50 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:
dinosaur wrote:
matt... wrote: no argument that the pros have the talent, NC, some just stick in my mind longer for more positive reasons.

Yeah well in your case it's that extra 21'st chromomsone hanging onto the info, rainman style.
:lol: Beat me to it.
[sigh] i can't help it if i have a photographic memory !!
nature is a language. can't you read?
if you spend your life looking behind you, you don't see what's up front...

mustkillmulloway
Owl status
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: i live in a pineapple under the sea

Re: F******g J*w

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue May 18, 2010 8:46 pm

i'm just wondering....like given occys drug problem

if stab had been around back than....and exposed it

( instead of the surfing community having read about in the mainstream press first :? a decade later )

would he got help and cured ten years earlier :idea:

p.s i bet mick thinks twice b4 he makes a racist comment nowdays...ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :?:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23363
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: F******g J*w

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed May 19, 2010 8:14 am

What the fcuk are you talking about mustkill.

a) Occy's MUM exposed his drug issues in an on-air telephone call to JOHN FCUKEN LAWS in January 1988, while Occ was partying in Hawaii, his first act already having begun to fall to bits.
b) Surf magazines including Tracks, Surfer and Surfing all published a series of articles about what occurred with Occ at the time, including an excellent piece by Matt Warshaw which detailed the psychiatric issues involved.
c) None of this had the slightest effect on Occ's eventual rehabilitation, which only came about several years later as a result of his own choices and with the help of a number of close friends and colleagues (as is usually the case with people who have long term dependence issues).

People often accuse journalists of not letting the facts get in the way of a good story. Leaving aside the notion that the facts usually make a good story rather than hindering it, I've often thought it's not just journalists who like to make things up to fit their ideas about the world.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23363
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: F******g J*w

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri May 21, 2010 9:35 am

Da Big Kahuna wrote:You are a germ.
This seems terribly unfair.

Shane Peel
regular
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: F******g J*w

Post by Shane Peel » Fri May 21, 2010 1:00 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Da Big Kahuna wrote:You are a germ.
This seems terribly unfair.
I thought the bit about a "Festering piece of bacteria" seemed apt but a "germ" as you say is quite unfair! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

lovenutz
regular
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:30 pm

Re: F******g J*w

Post by lovenutz » Fri May 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Da Big Kahuna wrote:Well if it isnt a journalist that doesnt let a pile of jizz get in his way of telling a story about a pile of jizz!
Ya know NC, ya remind me of the line about the angry editor who comes out of his office pissed off:
Who called the journalist a bum?
The reply? Who called the bum a journalist?
Thats you squire. You are a germ. A festering piece of bacteria on surfings azz, dribbling out infantile shite dressed up as philosophical baulderdash that you spruik without impugnity. Ur as self righteous and indignant as Krudd. well lemme tell ya dropkick, the times they be a changing and your nonsensical shittolla is going teh way of the hula hoop. Something Im sure u regularly familiarise urself with of a Saturday nite. So get a dog up ya and put and end tp the parade of schnozzs dat breath deeply between the cheeks of ur vermin azz.

Funny

User avatar
kreepykrawly
Owl status
Posts: 4198
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: AWAY FROM SURF CAMPS

Re: F******g J*w

Post by kreepykrawly » Sat May 22, 2010 12:25 am

Mate, if you piss me off on a bad day….. I don’t give a fark if ya yellow, fat, small, round, green, speak a strange f-ckin language, addicted to noodles, have oily hair or have a weird shaped nose…. I will tap you out.


















































I hope my post has contributed some positive feedback to this stimulating topic.

User avatar
Damage
Owl status
Posts: 3838
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: F******g J*w

Post by Damage » Sat May 22, 2010 8:30 am

Bacteria doesn't fester anyways. :|

mustkillmulloway
Owl status
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: i live in a pineapple under the sea

Re: F******g J*w

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sat May 22, 2010 11:27 am

Nick Carroll wrote:What the fcuk are you talking about mustkill.

a) Occy's MUM exposed his drug issues in an on-air telephone call to JOHN FCUKEN LAWS in January 1988, while Occ was partying in Hawaii, his first act already having begun to fall to bits.
b) Surf magazines including Tracks,


.

a) is exactly wat i'm talking about, given the surf media had followed and reported on occy for years....it's amazing you all had no idea he was on the gear :roll:

took john laws bring it in the open.....sarge story....jew story...all over again :idea:

mainstream media reporting a story....surf media was to scared to :!:

b) a half paragraph saying occys off the tour and labouring and partying in hawaii....isn't quite the hard hitting expose...now is it...but obey first rule old school surf media....protect the sponser

CAN'T comment on other mags...didn't read them

p.s being called a germs worst than a fu.cking jew :|
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

shish
regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:53 pm

Re: F******g J*w

Post by shish » Sat May 22, 2010 11:45 am

Have Hula hoops gone out of fashion ?
yeehaa!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests