F******g J*w

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

daisy
regular

Re: F******g J*w

Post by daisy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:48 pm

lovenutz wrote:
daisy wrote:
lovenutz wrote: jew will always remain a derogatory term to someone tight with cash or making money out of something bad. If its racist directly or not i dont know
let me be the first to say, lovenutz, that you are fu(king ignorant :mrgreen:
have u ever called someone a jew? we were calling each other jews at primary school and didnt have a clue what it meant....i have never meant it in a racist sense...just easier to say than tight arse...humans are lazy. one syllable instead of 2
ahhhh yeah like Mical i think i also agreed with the rest of your post.

there was a jewish guy (only one) in my class in primary school, i guess it maybe affected our level of awareness a bit but of course i get your point. that doesn't make it okay though.

the reason we use expressions like this has about a 1,000 years or more of bloody xenophobic history. forced expulsions of all jewish people from England, Germany, France, Spain and Portugal. pogroms i.e. organized terror campaigns against jewish villages in eastern europe. lies and deceit on a pretty massive scale about so-called jewish conspiracies. jewish people being forced by law to live in restricted parts of cities (i.e. ghettos). not being allowed to own land, hence forced into occupations in the financial service sector that we now use as stereotypes. all of this was before Hitler even got going. so it's maybe better to move beyond ignorant expressions even if it requires an extra syllable here or there.

Deesee
barnacle

Post by Deesee » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:36 pm

But why are they hated so?

You don't get that kind of rep for being a good bloke..

Once you start dealing with them on a business level you can make your own judgement.

BTW, all those xmas decoration peddlers you see opening up giant warehouses prior to xmas are owned by our favourite star of David clan. Making money out of xmas? Ha!They turned a blind eye to contractual credit terms resulting in a lot of stress... Never again.
If it feels good, do it.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Deesee wrote:But why are they hated so?

Once you start dealing with them on a business level you can make your own judgement.

BTW, all those xmas decoration peddlers you see opening up giant warehouses prior to xmas are owned by our favourite star of David clan. Making money out of xmas? Ha!They turned a blind eye to contractual credit terms resulting in a lot of stress... Never again.
You wouldn't be the president of StormFront would ya DC?

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:00 pm

matt... wrote:it sounds like a pompous wank with intentions to discredit or worse, to me.
You wouldn't get it pink bits.

Now moving along......fark. Shearer et al....you all have to admit the reader did get a unique insight into the Fanning personality. And for that the stunt was worthwhile.

They fcuking go out in 12 foot Pipe!!! Hello!......the Pros will survive the C . Smiths of the world.... :roll:

....but will you?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:22 pm

Because for a very long time in the sheltered workshop that was western European culture, Jewish people were pretty much the only significant Other.

Yeah that's right. It takes a while to develop a serious case of sociocultural prejudice...and far longer for it to dissipate under changed conditions.

Note it seems as if Muslims, particularly displaced Muslim immigrants, are the new targets of western European hatred. Perhaps the incredible, insanely violent purgings of last century left European Jew-hatred exhausted.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:42 pm

^^^

That and the actions of the state of Israel over the last 50 years has hardly helped matters with the treatment of the Palestinians, illegal wars, violation of UN sanctions and unwavering US military and political support.

Not saying Jews = Israel of course but most tend to equate one with the other.

But yes Muslims are the new whipping boys in our modern world - but we do seem to like them when we're drilling for oil in their backyards of course. It's selective persecution, one of the driving principles behind western capitalism
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Deesee
barnacle

Post by Deesee » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:05 pm

I guess with anything, your personal experience with a group can form lasting opinions.

I didn't grow up with any, hence was oblivious to any positive jewish image, as the reference was always a sledge.

I've had to deal with some pretty low South African versions over the last 10 years, hence i will stereo type all SA ones as c*nts - no matter what anyone says!!! (I hope those SA ones hate me back - f*ck 'em, stretching out my old boss for $500k and using excuses like the director went on a month long holiday so no one can sign cheques...)
If it feels good, do it.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:36 pm

Aw maan, really, i don't want to have to rattle off the names of scores of seriously great Jewish contributors to the arts, letters, science and philosophy over the past few centuries just to make the point that... what's the point?
What?... like all Australian surfers are blond haired bigoted stompy wompy real gone racist dudes.?

Can't we just leave it at the fact that a professional athlete, a little pissed on the hubris of his achievements, got heated by the persistent negative provocations of a wouldbe writer,... resorted to a,... possibly but unlikely inherent,... racial stereotypical slander, cause maybe he just hasn't got the wherfore and whatthou to construct an intelligent retort,... or too much self control to just thump him as one might have in the past.
At least he didn't have his 'old man' hangin' out.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:24 am

Deesee wrote:I guess with anything, your personal experience with a group can form lasting opinions.

I didn't grow up with any, hence was oblivious to any positive jewish image, as the reference was always a sledge.

I've had to deal with some pretty low South African versions over the last 10 years, hence i will stereo type all SA ones as c*nts - no matter what anyone says!!! (I hope those SA ones hate me back - f*ck 'em, stretching out my old boss for $500k and using excuses like the director went on a month long holiday so no one can sign cheques...)
I've had the same experience with the same versions. You wouldn't be human if that didn't colour your views a little.
skipper wrote: Can't we just leave it at the fact that a professional athlete, a little pissed on the hubris of his achievements, got heated by the persistent negative provocations of a wouldbe writer,... resorted to a,... possibly but unlikely inherent,... racial stereotypical slander, cause maybe he just hasn't got the wherfore and whatthou to construct an intelligent retort,... or too much self control to just thump him as one might have in the past.
A pretty fair summary Skipper, but if everyone else on here felt that way we wouldn't have 8 pages up now would we?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:29 am

yawn bigots and racists

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:02 am

^
there's some confusion of your everyday businessman's behaviour, and a people whose ancestry virtually went up in smoke.

I never would
loofy wrote:away from mick fanning but whilst we are on the subject of jews, they really need to get over "it" dont they, i mean seriously, how long are they gonna keep flogging the arse out of it.
, multi-millions melted in our lifetime, and Australian media didn't and still doesn't cover similar events, Franco in my lifetime, Vietnam, South Africa...

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:43 am

lovenutz wrote: Fanning won the world title by doing little more than hacks and speed floaters and being consistent. Chas was making a comment of this which must have pissed Mick off...maybe because it was close to the truth..he is the new age Damien Hardman...
at least the ASP is consistent! ha ha...
i've heard Barton Lynch had a good top turn repotoire as well!
the 2 most forgettable years on the world tour...
nature is a language. can't you read?
if you spend your life looking behind you, you don't see what's up front...

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:45 pm

daryl wrote:yawn bigots and racists
Now now, Daz.
Your intolerance is peaking through again. :wink: :?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:24 pm

matt... wrote:
lovenutz wrote: Fanning won the world title by doing little more than hacks and speed floaters and being consistent. Chas was making a comment of this which must have pissed Mick off...maybe because it was close to the truth..he is the new age Damien Hardman...
Really.

I seem to recall BL winning his world championship with one of the heaviest, most shut-out cool performances under pressure in the history of the sport, in perfect 10' Pipeline one astounding day in January 1988, when all other contenders, including my little bro, fell by the wayside.

Forgettable, ha, yeah right. I'll be dead before I forget watching BL do that.

And Dooma, well talk to Kelly about Dooma. He was more afraid of Hardman than anyone else on tour, including the magnificently hirsute Pottz and the vast bulk of Kong, who by the way had his best crack at a world title broken across his knees by Dooma in clean 3-4' surf at Queenscliff, April 1987.

There is a place in professional surfing for people who know exactly what they're doing ...but they often seem to frustrate observers who just can't imagine what it might be like to be that together, that precise, that keyed-in on what's needed -- who'd rather it be about something a little less hard core and a little more accidental.

Yes I am suggesting a failure to appreciate what these guys do is not their failure. They're the ones with world titles on the mantelpiece, after all.
Last edited by Nick Carroll on Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:25 pm

peaking? or peeking...
i have an intolerance for ***** who can't spell... :roll:
example: "misssppelllll words & i'll be peaking!"

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:30 pm

dinosaur wrote:mmm I might bother reading it for free at the newsagent.

I tell ya what though there is nothing I hate more than racists, sexists and bigots. Except of (I'm a goose), jews, spicks, wops, ethnic slur goes here, ***, christians, disabled people oh and women, **** the lot of em.
Now that is what I call a good example of being ironic ................I hope.

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
matt... wrote:
Really.

I seem to recall BL winning his world championship with one of the heaviest, most shut-out cool performances under pressure in the history of the sport, in perfect 10' Pipeline one astounding day in January 1988, when all other contenders, including my little bro, fell by the wayside.

And Dooma, well talk to Kelly about Dooma. He was more afraid of Hardman than anyone else on tour, including the magnificently hirsute Pottz and the vast bulk of Kong, who by the way had his best crack at a world title broken across his knees by Dooma in clean 3-4' surf at Queenscliff, April 1987.

There is a place in professional surfing for people who know exactly what they're doing ...but they often seem to frustrate observers who just can't imagine what it might be like to be that together, that precise, that keyed-in on what's needed -- who'd rather it be about something a little less hard core and a little more accidental.

Yes I am suggesting a failure to appreciate what these guys do is not their failure. They're the ones with world titles on the mantelpiece, after all.
never said it was their failure. i respect the talent for getting them on the world tour in the first place. no argument there.
not the most exciting surfers to watch is all. conservative, yet consistent. if that's what the judges are looking for - great. just not exciting.

:oops: i'll give him the pipe effort, although I recall it was overcast, with a heaving, warping swell. not perfect.
1987 coke classic? remember the days along the promenade as if they were yesterday. i've still got it on vhs at home.
the offshore breeze, high tide & fading swell - probably kong's undoing in that one.
martin potter falling on a set wave on his backhand, trying to blast the lip back up to Whale Beach - probably his.

who won that one again, bro? :lol:

lovenutz
regular

Post by lovenutz » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:52 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
matt... wrote:
Really.

Which heats does everyone want to watch these days? Fannings or Danes? Which heat is more likely to see some big moves go down? Not hard to guess...

I was a bit young for the 80's era but from the old vids I remember Pottz, Archy going mad...currens fluidity...Carrols power...Occy in PUMP..
Sorry but Barton and Dooma never did it for me...better surfers than I will ever be however.
I just think Fanning can do better with his surfing. He has the talent but just does the same shite over and over...I remember even Parko ragging him for only having one turn. He just seems more a competitor than a surfer these days.