F******g J*w

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Hano
Local

Re: F******g J*w

Post by Hano » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:38 pm

first trip to bells and i've a plan!
wearing sandals and kippah = entry to V.I.P stand

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:46 pm

LONGINUS wrote:Funny, I'm 25% European jew and never cared about being called names - guess I gave as good as I got..desensitised to name calling I suppose. In the Navy I was posted to HMAS Ovens once, as a joke the captain of my previous boat announced to the entire ships company how humourous it was to post a f@#cking jew to an Oven :D :D :D I was the first one to start laughing.

This is the same argument as the Red Faces black and white minstrel routine. The baggage that goes with all of these inappropriate words / acts just isn't as big a piece of our cultural makeup that it is in the US
No no no longinus.

That is not the modern way, standing up for yourself, getting over being called names, being a little desensitised to all the possible things in the world that might possibly offend, taking responsibility for what upsets you personally and what doesn't.

No no no.

Turn it around longinus. Be offended by everything, go and search out offense from others even where they didn't intend it. Assume that every comment is a direct threat to your ego, assume that every sideways look is someone giving offense and trying their best to make snide racist remarks, I mean how many euphemisms can there be, surely every word ever spoken can be interpreted as something that is a horrible personal slur that was intended specifically to wreak maximum psychological on you personally.

And having taken offence where only the most blighted and chancred ego can take offence, you then go and tell everyone, go on, squeal like a pig, sooeeee, squeal boy, squeal, 'cause we won't ever get social justice unless we is all out there being permanently offended and squealing like stuck pigs, scrotum-less stuck pigs squealing in high-pitched voices, complaining and whinging about the smallest perceived slights, while elsewhere across the world people with real problems, you know like say diseases without medicines, murder, rape, pillage, famine, don't even know the incredible hardships that we poor defenceless westerners struggle through.

None of this manning-up business please, we are a modern people :roll:

Yes yes boneheads, that was sarcasm, or satire, I'm never quite sure of that line.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:15 pm

TrevG wrote:^^^Nope. Buffy used it first.
Context cnuts context.

Would any of you really like to have made the "press" this way?

No , that's right fcuking no. All the big man speak but again no. Listen up Mick may be a shit hot surfer but he needs further education.......just like pink batt Matt.

We all (well most of us) know that.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:51 pm

i love stab....it's a great mag....not full the b/s all the other mags are

it tells the truth :!: it's not scared :idea:

i'm gonna subscribe 8)
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

eh!

Post by eh! » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:12 am

Maybe a good opportunity for the ASP to rejig the Dream Tour to include Tel Aviv, really you can only piss with the dick you got so to manage and control this behaviour the ASP should rely on some of Timothy Learys work especially the stuff around set and setting.

Next World Title Party, video launch etc should be alcohol free and held somewhere like Ronald McDonald House with fairy bread and rollo icecream cake.

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:36 am

So, I am allowed to call anyone anything I want, insult any group or community as per my wish, as long as I subsequently claim ignorance and/or being drunk and/or that those complaining are simply being "PC" and/or that they are hypocrites and/or that they "don't know anything about surfing"?

:roll:

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:55 am

I'm actually with you on this Clif, mostly, but I'm batting for the other side ( :shock: ) on this one because I dislike the way that society has moved to accepting and even glorifying taking offence at everything.

I don't know much about the story to tell the truth, but it seems that this so called journalist wrote unflattering stories about MF (substance - who knows) all year, and then had the hide to crash his party (trespass?) and then took offence at being called a name, a racial slur for sure, which the journalist then used for another story.

Does the term 'parasite' resonate?

I'm just glad that MF didn't do something really nasty, like poke his toungue out at him.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:48 am

skipper wrote:
matt... wrote:why DID you coin the phrase "Belljew Hill" BB?
are you a bigoted, eastern suburbs ignorant snob?
do you look down on the jewish community in the Bondi area?
maybe you despise them because you have to rub shoulders with them daily?
or did they steal your parking spot?

explain your anti-jew jibes, BB?
I may be mistaken, but didn't that comment originate in your post Matt? In Damage's AOTW thread, during a vitriolic rally between you and BB?
A search'll confirm
you are mistaken skipper.
i followed like a blind sheep & used the BB quote.
i'm glad you identified the vitriolic rant from the others otherwise i would not have known where to look.
it may be in the same thread, or another one but he used it first.
does that make me anti-semetic, too? :roll:
keep searchin', skips.
nature is a language. can't you read?
if you spend your life looking behind you, you don't see what's up front...

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:54 am

Buff_Brad wrote:
TrevG wrote:^^^Nope. Buffy used it first.
Context cnuts context.

Would any of you really like to have made the "press" this way?

No , that's right fcuking no. All the big man speak but again no. Listen up Mick may be a shit hot surfer but he needs further education.......just like pink batt Matt.

We all (well most of us) know that.
keep 'em coming, BB. like i've said before, coming from you, having succesfully discredited yourself many, many times before: "water off a duck's back" (c.nut)

another misquote: try & find where i have ever mentioned pink batts. insulation, yes. context, BB, context.
you mindless labour voters just can't get it right can ya?
BB needs a brain
BB needs more coke
BB going scatters
[no you aren't, BB]
yes i am, BB.
[no you f.u(kn aren't, BB you C.nut, got It??!!]
uh, i'm afraid you are, BB...

daisy
regular

Post by daisy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:35 am

Clif wrote: So, I am allowed to call anyone anything I want, insult any group or community as per my wish
well you did call someone a bigot a few pages back, that is pretty insulting

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:23 pm

there was a sad slash funny example of that recently, a car with save the everything stickers all over, stop the m5 or something, but it had crashed looked like been speeding

there's genuine heart and there's bigots, you gotta bet that about all bigots are ignorant, and genuine hearts are just a bit slow, sorta like the friendly black saying get ouuta here ****** and the intellectual wannabe putting up a local artwork scultpture at the time of a kids death by impaling on the fence, chased by cops, you know, and the effin thing looks like a brutal collection of spears an shit, not artistically pc waffle waffle

Shane Peel
regular

Post by Shane Peel » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:42 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:i love stab....it's a great mag....not full the b/s all the other mags are

it tells the truth :!: it's not scared :idea:

i'm gonna subscribe 8)
Bet ya gonna love the fashion sections, I didn't take you as a skinny jeans v neck T sorta guy :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

murrum
Local

Post by murrum » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:44 pm

iggy wrote:
but how many people outside of the given monitority group that voice up and say that they are deeply offended ARE actually offended??

i'd say a minority actually are...

most of it's hot air and banner flapping by a bunch of band wagon jumping individuals that don't really give a shit, but are only too happy to use it as a vehicle to demonstrate to their peers what good little samaritan they are (or by making $$ of it as a media beat up)

just self interested, self-promoting bullshit...

think of all the times you see a car drive past plastered with dozens of stickers promoting idigenous rights, gender equality, save the planet, and so forth, do you ever actually wonder how deep this stuff runs within the hearts of who's driving the car or raise half an eyebrow and question how genuine their campaigning actually is??
sounds like the toxic ship.
the dreams that stuff was made of

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:46 pm

i take offence to your blatant over-use of the emoticon. :o :shock: :lol: :roll: :cry: 8) :mrgreen:

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:49 pm

murrum wrote:
iggy wrote:
but how many people outside of the given monitority group that voice up and say that they are deeply offended ARE actually offended??

i'd say a minority actually are...

most of it's hot air and banner flapping by a bunch of band wagon jumping individuals that don't really give a shit, but are only too happy to use it as a vehicle to demonstrate to their peers what good little samaritan they are (or by making $$ of it as a media beat up)

just self interested, self-promoting bullshit...

think of all the times you see a car drive past plastered with dozens of stickers promoting idigenous rights, gender equality, save the planet, and so forth, do you ever actually wonder how deep this stuff runs within the hearts of who's driving the car or raise half an eyebrow and question how genuine their campaigning actually is??
sounds like the toxic ship.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

mical
barnacle

Post by mical » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:00 pm

Shane Peel wrote:Bet ya gonna love the fashion sections, I didn't take you as a skinny jeans v neck T sorta guy
Sad really isn't Peely, even including the fashion spreads of stuff that I'd mostly never wear ... I'd still rather read Stab than any of the other Australian surf mags ... except SW.

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:14 pm

"A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices. The correct use of the term requires the elements of obstinacy, irrationality, and animosity toward those of differing devotion."

So me calling someone out for their intolerance is the problem, Daisy? Wrong target, I think.

Read the above definition, I assumed "bigot" was legitimate description and not based on racial (or otherwise) stereotyping or prejudice or have the same histories attached to it. Unlike the insult MF used. Calling someone a bigot is not being "unnaccepting" it is, I thought, rather, pointing out that the other person is being unnaccepting and biased. This is different isn't it?

And yes, I do get p!ssed off, Iggy. I see people day in day out slandering my friends and colleagues because they are black, of a particular religion, or whatever but most importantly because they are not white and straight. Ask yourself, why is "white" and "straight" not an insult?

So let me get this straight, as I am willing to learn.

I shouldn't be so sensitive? I should stand by as the chorus grows and people begin gathering calling them "dirty L*bs" or "bl*ck c*nts" or "f*cking sl*ts", or whatever because well, to oppose them means being called "PC"? I should allow such insults to go through to the keeper because the speaker "doesn't ever really mean anything by it"? Does it matter that I might not know if the other is feeling insulted or that while one person from that background may not feel insulted others might? (as communities are not homogenous and everyone does not feel the same thing because of their background)

I just want to be clear. When does an insult based on prejudice mean something? Only if I start to insult the background of you and your families? What if get others to join me and we perpetuate the negative connotations about you and your community?

Help me.

I am very worried, because if I follow your logic it appears to me nobody would be able to speak up about anything because none of us are perfect. This could mean that people can run around saying and doing spiteful and hateful things and nobody should ever do anything about it.

Cheers,
clif

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:13 pm

Outtake from the article, for those who haven't read it:

"Mick says, “So you’re Chas Smith” while shaking my hand. The he says, “Fuck you. You know, fuck you. You write so much shit about me. So much fucking shit.”
I respond, “I think I’ve only written that you’re boring and I’ve probably criticised your clothing.”
He says, “Fuck you. Fuck you. What are you going to do now that you’ve met me? Go write that I’m not boring anymore?”
I respond, “Maybe. It sort of depend on you.”
He says, “Fuck you. What makes you so cool? Why the fuck do you think you’re so cool?” I look down at my white helmut lang button up and perfectly trim grey pants. I do look pretty cool tonight. My hair is nicely mussed too, but I respond, “ahhh, I don’t think I’m that cool.”
He says, “You fucking write so much shit about me.”
And I really haven’t so I respond, “Are you sure it was me?”
He says, “Don’t be a pussy, I fucking never read what you write but people tell me that you always write shit.”
His eyes are wndering around my mouth. I respond, “Oh”.
He says, “Fuck you. You know, you are a fucking J**”
I respond’ “Sorry?”
He says, “You are a fucking J**”
I respond, “No I’m not Jewish. I am English with a little German…”
He says, “Fuck you. You are a fucking J**. ou totally write off surfing and the you make money off of surfing. You are a fucking J**.”
I am intrigued by Micks analysis but respond, “I don’t make that much money off surfing.”
He says, “Fuck you. I should punch you in the face. I should punch you in the fucking face right now.”
I am scratching my chin and trying to figure out an appropiate response. I am smiling broadly. I stand a head taller then Mick and he is leaning into me. Eyes still pulled to my mouth. We are only a few centimetres apart.
Out of nowhere a large bald man wearing a “Micktory” tshirt grabs me and pins one arm behind my back while throttling my neck. “Get the fuck out of here” he says…."

Did Mick think Chas Smith was Lewis Samuels?

Posted so MKM doesn't have to buy that magazine.