Japanese Whaling

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

eMpowered
Local

Japanese Whaling

Post by eMpowered » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Sorry to go heavy again.

The Skin Cancer topic was well....I'm not gunna go get an OandE broad rimmed surf hat just yet.

But such great and honest info (Nick, still waiting for that sunscreen review in asl).

So I thought I would give you another that I'm not sure we have done.

Please do not coment until you watch this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1b8YCxJiIc

This was my facebook post after watching it and past knowledge.....

I have been asked to share this from a good friend. He asked not to comment on Facebook but to help to act. This was so hard to watch, And I will comment. FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING JAPANESE SCUM. YOU ARE PETHETIC IN A MODERN WORLD. RESEARCH, LET ME RESEARCH ON THOSE IN YOUR GOVERNMENT THAT ALLOW THIS. GIVE ME 20 MINUTES WITH THEM. ****..

And I will say it again to my Japanese surfing mates. What the fuck are you lot doing (Or shouild I say not doing). not cool bull.....not cool.....Fucked up.....

That was my post.

I support Sea Shepherd..

Thoughts on a losing game?

Mammals and all

marcus_h
charger

Re: Japanese Whaling

Post by marcus_h » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Makes me angry

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:46 am

one of the things that really makes my blood boil, what scumbags, dunno how they can do that, if it was for food to survive, then I can understand some killing but this is farking rediculous.....I too support Sea-Shepherd and they do alot of good work keeping this stuff at a reduced level compared to what the Japs want....Someone, the Government and World Protection bodies or ??? should really stop this immediately, sick bastards should be rounded up and harpooned and let to die a slow and very inhumane death.....for science... :evil: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :!:

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:24 am

I think it would be effective , and BB's being serious here , that everyone of us Realsurfers , whenever we met any Japanese person , actually ask what they think of their government's support on whaling. Then say it's FCUKED and CNUTING UNCOOL AND YOU KNOW WHAT ...... if you DON"T SOMEHOW RALLY YOUR FELLOW COUNTRYMEN VERY SOON TO STOP THIS ETC ETC ..... we want nothing to do with you..........you're basically too FCUKING UNCOOL TO TALK TO OR BE AROUND.

The only exception is if you are talking to an extremely hot Jap girl and it's likely you will get lucky.......then tell her the above after the sordid act of anal.

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:29 am

Killing whales is bad.

I love seeing hippies crying. That one that curled up into the foetal position and started rocking... classic!

Killing whales is bad.

**and what's with the asian ninja in the back of the bridge with the balaclava on?! Japanese spy? Assassin?

LONGINUS
barnacle

Post by LONGINUS » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:58 am

40% of last years whalemeat catch in Japan never sold - it remains in deep freeze. 20% is still left over from the year before. The younger generation in Japan doesen't eat it.

The reason Japan catches whales is a complex one. They risk so much internationally in doing it. After WW II it wad the only economy they were allowed to fully regulate themselves until Uncle Sam decided how much cut they wanted in carving everything else up. As a result they have been very reluctant to wind it all up. Japan's 'baby boomer' generation that rebuilt everything from the ashes started turning 60 in 2007, this section of the population has the highest consumption of whalemeat and whale products. This also marks the peak of Japans population - its downhill from here.

The good news for whales is that the further along we go now, demand for whalemeat will continue to decline. The WW II related issues become less relevant also to the population.

Bad news for the whales is that the last baby boomers aren't scheduled to exit stage right until about 2050. So they have to hold on for another 40 years.

Somewhere in some retirement home in Kyoto in 2050, a 101 year old ex Toyota Prius rep will look up at the manga poster of some girl in school socks being raped by an alien and take his last bite of whale burger - the fishy mammal fat running down his chin. 10 seconds after his heart stops and he is pronounced dead - it will be over.
salty wrote:Surfing Atlas WTF? ...I have to pay a sign-up fee in order to expose to the masses, pictures of and directions to my favorite breaks! http://www.surfingatlas.com

mical
barnacle

Post by mical » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:37 am

Unfortunately can't watch Youtube vids at work Emp, but I'm guessing from the repsonses to it I don't want to either.

Why has no other government stepped in and made a real effort to intervene?

It's illegal where they're doing this is it not?

Why have they left it up to individuals like Sea Shepherd?

I support Sea Shepherd both in principle and financially. Paul Watson is both an inspiration ... and a lunatic.

Whilst watching the 'Sharkwater' doco I was referred to recently, I recoiled at the ignorant and scary response from the head of a commerical Japanese shark fishing operation who said "They're viscious, very viscious. Have you not seen their teeth?".

Pretty much confirmed my idea of the Japanese mentalitity towards, and understanding of marine life.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:07 pm

LONGINUS wrote:
Somewhere in some retirement home in Kyoto in 2050, a 101 year old ex Toyota Prius rep will look up at the manga poster of some girl in school socks being raped by an alien and take his last bite of whale burger - the fishy mammal fat running down his chin. 10 seconds after his heart stops and he is pronounced dead - it will be over.
from what I can tell, during that last 10 seconds after his last breath, he/she will be revisited by 20 tonne whale victims repeatedly rolling over and crushinghim/her on the rocks, crying why why you hurt us, and although crushed to death, little whaleburger-eater will be instantly resurrected to go through it again, each time by a bigger and more upset wh-ale :mrgreen: probably the last second will be spent being aesphyxiated, drowned and digested in various orders of finality :arrow: :mrgreen:

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:12 pm

good point.

now, getting back to hypocrisy

mical
barnacle

Post by mical » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:27 pm

loofy wrote:How many of you have eaten pork recently?
Wouldn't eat the filthy shit if you paid me!

A good owl on the other hand ... YUM!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:33 pm

loofy wrote:How many of you have eaten pork recently?
I'll bite. What the hell's wrong with portk?
Not like they're endangered.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:33 pm

all you meat-eaters are fucken cunts! :D

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:58 pm

So - no fish or chicken either LA?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Lucky Al wrote:all you meat-eaters are fucken cunts! :D
um well, what else? Oh, movin on. I eat it for my health, just like the dalai lama hahahahehe

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:11 pm

of course not fish and chicken, trevg! fish and chicken's all got family, mothers and kids! eating members of a family is a crying shame. i'd rather eat dog shit, lightly battered in a wanky bondi cafe!

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:18 pm

tastes about the same, when you think about what you're eating, doesn't it

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Lucky Al wrote:of course not fish and chicken, trevg! fish and chicken's all got family, mothers and kids! eating members of a family is a crying shame. i'd rather eat dog shit, lightly battered in a wanky bondi cafe!
Too bad. I like it. :|
Beanpole

Skipper

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:26 pm

I eat pork. Free range stuff only though, none of that battery farmed sh.it. The stuff the little porky pies go through in those farms is pretty bad.

Don't support whaling though, there is no humane way to kill them and the way the Japs do it is terrible.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love