Shark Attack in Vicco

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Squidlips
barnacle

Re: Shark Attack in Vicco

Post by Squidlips » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:12 pm

tiger my d!ck.

it was a bluey or 7 gill.

Best bluey fishing in the whole of Vic is 1km offshore of the Bluff.

Just look at the satellite pics of barwon heads bluff on goog maps. the ocean drops straight into a HUGE trench, 1000m from shore

My chiro used to snorkel at the bluff, unitil he saw a 800 lb Mako caught by a fisho in the local fishing comp. the beast was hooked 600 metres out.

Ive seen a HUGE school off fish the size of a footy field bust out the water about 800 metres out. could of been sharks/ doplhins chasing em.

Its a shame, cos at the bluff on a low tide with a 6ft swell there is a cracking 100m+ right breaking into the rivermouth. like a mini J bay.

no one surfs it.

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:24 pm

Squidlips wrote:tiger my d!ck.

it was a bluey or 7 gill.

Best bluey fishing in the whole of Vic is 1km offshore of the Bluff.

Just look at the satellite pics of barwon heads bluff on goog maps. the ocean drops straight into a HUGE trench, 1000m from shore

My chiro used to snorkel at the bluff, unitil he saw a 800 lb Mako caught by a fisho in the local fishing comp. the beast was hooked 600 metres out.

Ive seen a HUGE school off fish the size of a footy field bust out the water about 800 metres out. could of been sharks/ doplhins chasing em.

Its a shame, cos at the bluff on a low tide with a 6ft swell there is a cracking 100m+ right breaking into the rivermouth. like a mini J bay.

no one surfs it.
I'm not sure where you mean Mr Squid.

This is the bluff: (thanks longy)

http://www.surfingatlas.com/spot/10

Around to the right is a sheltered beach break (Raffs) that only works on a big swell at high tide. There's a reef system that blocks the low tide swell. I would definately have to check out the spot your talking about on the next big day to see if its protected from a SW wind...

oh and thanks for the shark reports. I'll never surf 1st carpark again now... :mrgreen:

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:16 pm

Wasn't Barwon Heads where they filmed the surfing scenes for Aussie drama "Seachange"?

Now that would have been real drama if the actors were taken by a shark. :twisted:

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:59 pm

lucky it wasn't that bloody man eater they film in phillip bay a month ago
:lol:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:47 am

mustkillmulloway wrote:lucky it wasn't that bloody man eater they film in phillip bay a month ago
Crowds were down that weekend as well :D
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

mical
barnacle

Post by mical » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:52 am

Hatchman wrote:
mustkillmulloway wrote:lucky it wasn't that bloody man eater they film in phillip bay a month ago
Crowds were down that weekend as well :D
I'll have to wear this more often :idea:
Shark1.jpg