position on board when paddling for a wave

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Re: position on board when paddling for a wave

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:29 pm

mical wrote:Mod Col, 3! Slobs, Stab etc think they're pretty cool Nick, or at least that's what they're selling.
well best of luck to them. I'm sure they'll be ripping in 15-20 years, when Dane Reynolds is 40 and the Stab staff are 55. Honestly, it will be like trying to pretend Mick Jagger is still human.

Perhaps the T-shirt should tell a home truth: "Old Guys Are Pathetic."

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:35 pm

TrevG wrote:
iggy wrote:^^ nah, just time constraints and the re-used pic suited the context well..
give me some breathing space, and i'll raise the bar, don't you worry about that, you'll keep..
:P
don't you worry about that
Touch of the "Johs" there mate.
BTW. You're all out of breathing space for the next 20 years or so - Daddy. :wink:
I think Iggys just busting to get out of the closet and admit he's homesick! :oops:
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:49 pm

I like the idea of witty t-shirts for the elder-statesmen of this society.

"I'm a drain on society and I don't give a fcuk"
"Get back to work ya young bastard, I want my pension cheque to play the pokies on Friday"
"I put everything in my kids name so I can still claim the pension, I'm retired on $80,000 a year!!!"
"Things may have been harder for me when I was younger, but they'll be harder for you when you're older. You'll still have to work hard, live on nothing, put it all in super, only to claim when you're too old to enjoy life"
"I could afford to buy my home when I was 30... hey that reminds me your rent is due ya little sh.it!"
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:06 am

mical wrote:You'll need to get rid of your heart if you're planning on sticking around here.
and your brain ... :idea:

breammaster

Post by breammaster » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:03 pm

Ok back again. Been surfing past 4 days so i didn't bother loggin on :P
Found it was my position on board, i took two years off surfing to do mountain biking so i'm just readjusting to everything again, especially the new board which is a 6'4 fish that's 2 3/4 thick(won't need to get a thicker or longer board given this thing is quite beefy already). My paddling is fine now :)
No probs catching waves or riding them now. Remind me never to take a two year break again !!!
Had some fun sessions on the weekend in Vic!! Choppy waves but atleast there was swell.
looking forward to this weekend, but i'll need to find somewhere a bit sheltered on the westcoast. Any suggestions? It's forecasted for 6 foot plus in torquay. I want somewhere 2-4 foot. Was thinking somewhere in anglesea.

mical
barnacle

Post by mical » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:09 pm

breammaster wrote:It's forecasted for 6 foot plus in torquay. I want somewhere 2-4 foot.
Try the Goldy.

There's a good run of swell due to hit Vic late Fri last I checked, going to be a lot bigger than 2-4ft for a few days.

YAY :!:

breammaster

Post by breammaster » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:09 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:I'd say just stop surfing altogether, it's a ridiculous sport. Everyone thinks it's "cool". Well, what a load of cobblers! "Cool", my arse! The only thing less cool than surfing would be badminton.
haha NEVER!!!!!!

breammaster

Post by breammaster » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:12 pm

mical wrote:
breammaster wrote:It's forecasted for 6 foot plus in torquay. I want somewhere 2-4 foot.
Try the Goldy.

There's a good run of swell due to hit Vic late Fri last I checked, going to be a lot bigger than 2-4ft for a few days.

YAY :!:
Yeah swellnet is forcasting for some big surf. Much too big for my ability right now. Might have to head down to the Darkside(Eastcoast) perhaps western port. Anyone know if fisho's in torquay would be breaking? or pt roadknight?

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:55 pm

breammaster wrote:Yeah swellnet is forcasting for some big surf. Much too big for my ability right now.
you should take a 2 year break ... :idea: