Byron Bay Carnage

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

philw
Local

Re: Byron Bay Carnage

Post by philw » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:26 am

i've seen the same guy punch people on two occasions recently at bondi.

as far as i could tell both the guys who were on the receiving end had done nothing but be in the wrong place at the wrong time. easily done when people are taking off on closeouts 'cos there's nothing else.

besides, i don't care if they were flailing kooks who got in the way.

it's bondi. it's massively overcrowded. and mostly shit.

tell someone they're in the wrong if you have to.

otherwise, if you choose to surf the most pointlessly crowded beach in australia, deal with it.

i sincerely hope that next time this guy picks on an ex-military israeli backpacker who is a kook in the water but a killing machine on land :twisted:

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:35 am

Sent Lars and Fritz down the beach yesterday, after catching Lars and his flailing arms out on the shoulder of a nice set wave trying desperately to drop in on me for the second time. A couple of other idiots were dealth with swiftly and order was restored. The key was numbers in terms of local presence yesterday, you really need more than one person who's prepared to be vocal. The waves were good, and we were united in wanting none of them ruined by inconsiderate kooks on mini-mals flopping around and getting in the way. They were reminded there was a further 800m of beach to explore, and a very good bakery with nice Apple Streudal nearby.

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:21 pm

did far north get tasman swell of 20/21??
what were the crowds like??
im betting NO major injury, however difficult the conditions.

EDUCATION
signatures, finally got it covered.

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:05 pm

Since everyone is sharing dropin education stories...Tuesday morning a guy with a great poo-man stance I have never seen before drops in blantantly. "Why didnt you call me off".

Now fk are you serious? What part of my "oi" and surfing up his arse didnt he get? My response of "why the fk would you go in the first place you clown" was met with a bit of shock. I mean common, if you need verbal guidance on whether or not to not take off when someone is already on the wave....argghh.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:20 pm

Yeah! There's a guy down my way who paddles in off the shoulder all the time. He chats to everyone and shows up quite regularly.
Did it to me the other day and smiled happily at me as we pulled off the wave a couple of hundred meters down the line.
I'm too easy going for my own good. I ignored him anp paddled away.
I'll crack, though.
SOON :!:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Ringmaster wrote:
TrevG wrote: I'm too easy going for my own good. I ignored him anp paddled away.
I'll crack, though.
SOON :!:
and GOODNESS ME :!:

Won't THAT be scary for the poor bastard on the receiving end :shock:
Scary?
What's scary is you and Iggs - cyberstalkers of the highest order. :shock:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:03 pm

George Greenough is proposing getting a jam jar lid and using it as a template to make a new round nose for pointy nosed boards.
Who's first?
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:35 pm

Beanpole wrote:George Greenough is proposing getting a jam jar lid and using it as a template to make a new round nose for pointy nosed boards.
Who's first?
me and mark :idea:

pleasae :!: ...pretty please 8)

u got be carefull how much u piss your shaper off b4 asking design changes :lol: :lol: '

fins came back again :shock: ....bloody hell :lol:

marks in the perfect postion too not only follow greeno's idea

but improve on it 8)

for me anyhow

p.s get the rails right :twisted:

p.p.,s i prefer the bigger vegeimite jar as my nose templete...than aGAIN...i would :wink:...oh and edit....great see he gave sups a serve too!
Last edited by mustkillmulloway on Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:50 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:
p.p.,s i prefer the bigger vegeimite jar as my nose templete...than aGAIN...i would :wink:
For Kraft of that sort can I suggest the new Cheesibite jar...... they re trying to make everything palatable to the shor tterm tourist market. Wax a wicked wagon today :mrgreen:
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?