POSSUM VIOLATES WETSUIT

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Meataxe
barnacle

POSSUM VIOLATES WETSUIT

Post by Meataxe » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:57 pm

How does one remove the smell of possum urine from one's wetsuit?

It has been over two months. Many surfs. Have soaked it. The smell's as strong as ever.

purple pyramids
barnacle

Re: POSSUM VIOLATES WETSUIT

Post by purple pyramids » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:30 pm

if it's anything like kangaroo piss, then you never get rid of it.

Meataxe
barnacle

Post by Meataxe » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:07 pm

I cant go on like this.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:45 pm

Meataxe wrote:I cant go on like this.
Piss it off and buy a new one. :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Meataxe
barnacle

Post by Meataxe » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:54 pm

I just dropped $500 on this one.

I don't know, I just feel like, if this doesn't get fixed soon, like I'm going to do something stupid.

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:50 pm

Were you doing something stupid with the possum when it p issed on you? :oops: :shock:
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:55 pm

haha the urine smell is a hard one to get rid of. a few times now ive pissed in my well sealed wetsuit close to leaving the water, it made the whole car reek of piss and the smell stayed on my body. i had to sit in a uni lecture smelling of urine, not fun!

when u find a solution, please let me know!
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:02 pm

Meataxe wrote:I just dropped $500 on this one.

I don't know, I just feel like, if this doesn't get fixed soon, like I'm going to do something stupid.
Meataxe, you HAVE to tell us how this happened. :roll:
And $500 :?: Aren't you in Sydney? It doesn't get that cold down there.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:13 pm

Cpt.Caveman wrote:haha the urine smell is a hard one to get rid of. a few times now ive pissed in my well sealed wetsuit close to leaving the water, it made the whole car reek of piss and the smell stayed on my body. i had to sit in a uni lecture smelling of urine, not fun!

when u find a solution, please let me know!
Tell "troughman" Buffles,
He'll take it off your hands for big bucks and "turn it" for a handsome profit! :lol:

Meataxe
barnacle

Post by Meataxe » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:16 pm

It gets cold enough to drop $500 on a wetsuit. And I don't want the thread to derail on that point. I want this thread to stay solution focused.

I didn't see the possum piss on my wetsuit, obviously, or I would have stopped it. I left it out on the balcony overnight. And before I went inside I saw a possum loitering out there. And the next morning my wetsuit stank of possum urine. So I drew an inference from those facts that the possum had pissed on my wetsuit.

But that's all by-the-by. The point of this thread is to find some way to get rid of the smell.

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:26 pm

try orange cleaner. otherwise google "cat piss solutions"

BTW was the possum wearing a gimp mask? :lol:

If so he lives in "Darlo" or on second thoughts..........:idea:

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:02 am

I'd think that orange shite would rip the shit out'a wettie :?:

I've looked for anti dog piss shit in the past (not for wetties though) and the some of the solutions included bi-carb ... So thinking along those lines try baby powder, it's been suggested on here in the past for keeping wettie nice and subtle over the winter/summer when storing so it can't be that harmful to your wettie and it might draw out the smell.

p.s I've had my dog piss on my wettie before not a nice surprise when your putting it on, I now make sure it's never hung anywhere near piss height and have to be careful that the missus never moves it.
p.p.s baby powder is supposed to be carcinogenic, I have nothing to back that up but just use it outside to be sure
If it's well engineered it's beautiful .

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:37 am

try taking it to the drycleaners

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:02 am

Dry it out, buy 2 boxes of moth balls from the chemist and seal them in a plastic container for a week or 2. If you can handle the moth ball smell you are set. If it doesnt work that well use it in a possum trap. You have to have a dig before you toss the suit.

Local cats pissed on and ripped the legs of a brand new O Neil wet suit (Pysho 2) recently but thats what you get for being mean to cats, they dont forget or forgive. Possums are are just shitheads they attack without cause..the cute littlke critters.

Grant Moss
Grommet

Post by Grant Moss » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:18 am

I worked in a winery for a while and we used to circulate citric acid through brand new pump hoses to take the plastic and rubber smell out of them. Try some lemon juice or buy some ascorbic acid from the chemist.

Also used to use deodorising carbon for certain stuff too, but I don't know where you could buy it.......maybe from some of those water filter people.
Get off the computer & go outside there's better things to do out there.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:47 am

Meataxe wrote:It gets cold enough to drop $500 on a wetsuit. And I don't want the thread to derail on that point. I want this thread to stay solution focused. :lol: You know it doesn't work that way on here. Everyone will take the PISS out of you but there'll be some good suggestions in amonsgt the laughs for the rest of us. Oh! and BTW. I spent 14 years surfing in Sydney and only used budget priced O'Neill steamers bought on special. Never, ever was I uncomfortably cold. And I'm old :roll:

I didn't see the possum piss on my wetsuit, obviously, or I would have stopped it. I left it out on the balcony overnight. And before I went inside I saw a possum loitering out there. And the next morning my wetsuit stank of possum urine. So I drew an inference from those facts that the possum had pissed on my wetsuit.

But that's all by-the-by. The point of this thread is to find some way to get rid of the smell.
Beanpole

Skipper

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:58 am

Meataxe, try giving the suit a long soak in a bath of hot water and bicarbonate of soda. Turn it inside out first.

Then a full rinse out in a bath of cooler water.

Then hang out to dry in the same place as you put it before, and when the possum comes down to piss on it again, kill the possum. Think KK style, with some sort of martial arts weapon. The possum will try briefly to fight back, but when it realises you're serious about wanting to kill it, it will try to get away. Don't let it. Ignore the kiddies' screams. Remember your RealSurf nickname ... and live it.

still here
charger

Post by still here » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:02 pm

get a male cat to piss on it ...... no more possum smell , guaranteed !!