Your oldest surf t and why you've kept it

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Squidlips
barnacle

Re: Your oldest surf t and why you've kept it

Post by Squidlips » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:18 pm

My mate had a great one back in '92

was a mambo t, and logo was like acca dacca's logo

cept it said

'AB-CD'

mambo educating australia since 19...

reprint please.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:32 pm

its one I got printed about 15 years ago when I was doing my backyard-underground board label called " Buddah Stix ", the shirt print is called 'wet dreaming' and is a Simpson style cartoon where a guy is always dreaming about barrells even when having sex, getting married or in the barrell....It has holes and sleeves have been cut off but it is currently floating around my shaping bay somewhere but I just cant throw it out...my old mate Ash did the artwork and my girlfriend at the time did some of it too ( she is now my wife...).... 8)

nu boy
regular

Post by nu boy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:37 pm

I've got a couple of old comp shirts the oldest being a byron bay easter classic 1980.But the most interesting one is bright orange,it has nth narrabeen team '79 on the front in small black print and on the back in much larger print it has ROYAL ANTLER HOTEL writen on it.I dont know if its a surf team or a touch footy team shirt.I had it given to me by a mate who had it given to him.Its still in good nick and I wear it regularly.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:16 am

I printed t-shirts throughout the eighties and into the early nineties on the northern beaches ... and still have a bag full of classics ... the "minister for finance and war" keeps trying to throw them out ... but I won't let her. We did some funny stuff ... parodying some of the then current trends ... but the oldest shirt that I still wear is a Jimi Hendrix design that one of the guys I worked with at the time printed and gave to me.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:32 pm

one i was particularly fond of and kept for years and years had lash clone on it, and i think i might have sent in to tracks for it in about 1984. i don't know where it is now, though. two from 1987 i'm pretty sure are in a box at mum's place or maybe dad's are an illawarra scholastic titles one and a brickyard point boardriders one. i used to wear all three with enormous pride and pleasure. good old t-shirts.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:40 pm

grazza wrote:I got a 30 year old Aloha T, moth-eaten and stretched out of shape, sitting in my drawer. I was wearing when my son was born, 23+ years ago, and it's there in the photo as I'm giving him his first cuddle. I could never toss it.
you softie, mate if I had that happen to me I would frame the tshirt :D
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:46 pm

Ive got a old pair of boardies from the early 80s that still fit me, me mum made them and got the matieral from a nursery, back then I use to get burnt heaps on the back of the legs so got mum to make them down the back of the leg as most boardies then were small bloody things, cant throw em out, wear them around the house when doing odd jobs, have holes in the arse as the material is so thin, only handwash em so they dont fall to bits. Some things just cant be thrown out no matter how hard the missus tries to.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".