Flat Spell

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Flat Spell

Post by Kunji » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:10 pm

Every year Spring is flat on the east coast. Worst season.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Flat Spell

Post by Trev » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:20 pm

Coops@DY wrote:Every year Spring is flat on the east coast. Worst season.
You should have posted a pic of a flat DY day with the title "East Coast Spring Flatness"
Would have been very "aaron like" 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:34 pm

I'm starting to get withdrawl symptons from SA, it never goes totally flat over there!

Where are these ECL's that are supposed to pop up in winter :?:

Hasn't been one this year :!:

Ah well off to the Ment's in a few weeks :mrgreen:

Squidlips
barnacle

Post by Squidlips » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:40 pm

A guy at work has just returned from Ments,

Its never been on my travelling wanna go's due to every man and his dogs been there. until I saw his pics this morning.

pics were INSANE 8)

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:13 pm

We've had a poor season by our standards down here. I can't remember the last time that I surfed the Bass Strait beaches so much, neither can a lot of the other guys I talk to.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:17 pm

go fishing :)
signatures, finally got it covered.

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:35 pm

Also an unfortunate time to get a new board as there is no surf to test it in :evil: , which happens to be exactly what I 've done. :oops: New board - No surf. No surf on the horizon either. Same as the surf always being crap just after you've seen a surf film. Spring time. Perfect conditions, No swell. Board just sitting unwaxed in the living room... :cry:
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:53 pm

So it's your fault black duck. :roll:

I'd better not go and order a new board then, otherwise the flat spell would be around till xmas. :oops:
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:12 pm

oldman wrote:So it's your fault black duck. :roll:

I'd better not go and order a new board then, otherwise the flat spell would be around till xmas. :oops:

Guilty as charged Old's. :mrgreen: Don't have another board to sacrifice to Huey as compensation either :oops: :cry: Used to love torching an old board on the cliffs when it was flat, probably get arrested for pollution crime and carbon credit abuse these days :shock:
smnmntll wrote:

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:37 pm

black duck wrote:

Guilty as charged Old's. :mrgreen: Don't have another board to sacrifice to Huey as compensation either :oops: :cry: Used to love torching an old board on the cliffs when it was flat, probably get arrested for pollution crime and carbon credit abuse these days :shock:

^^^^ ducky, ya better watch that spitting as well, when you talk. not your fault i know but spitting now a crime.
be careful black duck :P

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:57 pm

turtle wrote:
black duck wrote:

^^^^ ducky, ya better watch that spitting as well, when you talk. not your fault i know but spitting now a crime.
be careful black duck :P
^^^^ :lol: :lol:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:18 pm

Thufferwing thuckertasshhh !!!, ith tho hard to thay that without thpitting. :!: Who effer theard of a duck thaking advithe from a thurtle :?: :shock:
smnmntll wrote:

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:24 pm

^^ yes, who'd have thunk a duck would listen to a turtle.
crazy times :lol:

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:32 pm

Jayzaas,
There were perfectly formed 1-2 footers at Bronte the last 2 days. Man up you mob and btw Eden is looking up.

entropy

Post by entropy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:48 pm

flat spells - forgoton them already! it's pumping down here at the moment - flat spells are a required evil, because when they end the world is a million times better. They are completly retarded due to the fact that you end up injuring yourself doing some unfamiliar activity and miss the start of a good run of swell. One other point of note; after a proper, long, turgid flat spell, the surf is virtually unbearable for a few days due to the infestation of hundreds of rubber clad men seeking the same thing as you. Which is a sentance the surfing industry should somehow weave into its endless lexicon of drivel. It would help keep the crowds down.

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:29 pm

puurri wrote:Jayzaas,
There were perfectly formed 1-2 footers at Bronte the last 2 days. Man up you mob and btw Eden is looking up.
It's supposed to be winter :!:

I expect alot more than a few grovelly 1-2ft waves :cry:

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:11 pm

What Aslings? NO secret there and usually no surf worth it IMO.
Don't drive the seven hours if there is swell you'll pass plenty of good spots worth pulling in at.
Save carbon, surf near or in Sydney :P
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:58 pm

SAsurfa wrote:
It's supposed to be winter :!:

I expect alot more than a few grovelly 1-2ft waves :cry:
Winters over, my son. And it was a very average one. We had a couple of wobbly east swells, south south swells that had a hint of west in it and not much else. 2006 and 2007 were complete madness. Remember when we used to get solid long period SE swells? Shit would last a week.

Oh well, at least ill be able to go for the arvo soon (daylight savings) for a bodybash in blue bottle infested windswells. Yay!
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.