Flat Spell

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Re: Flat Spell

Post by oldman » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:22 pm

AZ wrote:The 'Surf Coast' refers to the Great Ocean stretch between Barwon Heads and the Apollo Bay in Victoria. I think it was probably labeled that in the past 10 years as part of a tourist selling point. Probably at a similar time to Bells Beach becoming Australia's first surfing recreational reserve. It seems to be a growing trend, with the "Shipwreck Coast" between Cape Otway and the SA border. Then the "Limestone Coast" in southeastern SA. We like to refer to our stretch of coastline as the "Hoax Coast", because it can be 6ft+ and offshore with nowhere to surf. There is actually a website out there called the Hoax Coast.
Thanks AZ, I could never be bothered enough to keep up with this tourist marketing re-branding exercises.

Enjoyed 'sea change' though! Bob Jelly rules
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:02 pm

For a "flat spell" I got some pretty nice wedgey waves at bronte yesterday arvo.

A nice left next to the rocks that got crowded quickly, and a few one turn wonders at the reef :)
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:19 pm

Went for a little sesh today. Saw a crowd of about 15 suckers flopping over the once in a 10 minute set waves. About 50m down the beach was a fun sucky mini barrels running along a bank, closing out a little but uncrowded. I get one wave, paddle back out and see half the pack paddling down to join me :roll: Next wave i have 3 people pushing the barrel down crumbling the wave, i paddle back out to find them all over it, hassling etc for some 2ft waves :x

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:22 pm

CC,

From what I could see, a short burst on sunday arvo which may have been quite alright, but it was onshore in my head that afternoon ( :mrgreen: ). Maroubra probably missed it anyway. Waves may have stuck around a little bit for yesterday for those who can get onto it. Bronte was probably as good as any option.

But even at it's best it was still in the 'do I bother' stage.

I've stopped bothering to even go down for a quick look at the moment. Will take a peek on Thursday morning, which is my next real chance, and probably Friday if there is anything left to grovel over.

Will wait and see.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:27 pm

I hope you get some waves mate, today there was something partly ride worthy at Maroubra. Pretty crumby, but better than flat, thats for sure :)
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:11 pm

looking forward to a little perky swell tomoz up here in QLD if I can avoid the wind

hows the outlook down south?

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:08 pm

opefully will get a wave saturday morning on the sunnycoast, am getting bloody desperate, blown out badly this morning :evil:
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".