Quadfather Project Board....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Quadfather Project Board....

Post by pridmore » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:49 pm

good stuff and thanks for the info on Craigs QF the other night, funny when you sent that thru I was at the surfboard art show and talking to a guy about a QF..... the great MP was there too, was awesome to see him in real life, not the man he used to be of course but to me it was a huge buzz...
8)

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:57 pm

pridmore wrote:good stuff and thanks for the info on Craigs QF the other night, funny when you sent that thru I was at the surfboard art show and talking to a guy about a QF..... the great MP was there too, was awesome to see him in real life, not the man he used to be of course but to me it was a huge buzz...
8)
I shared a bag of red frogs with MP and his Mum at their house on the tweed a few years back. It was probably the best experience i had working in the surf media. His mum gave me a VHS copy of the stubbies pro at burleigh, the last comp he ever won (82??) before he went deep into schizophrenia ...

He still has that sparkle in his eye, huh?
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:06 pm

I am a huge fan and when I was walking across the verandah, I nearly bumped into this big guy carrying 2 sausages on bread, then I realised who it was, I was shocked and stared in disbelief that this man I had seen on so many movies and read his book several times and pretty much eld in such high regard as a surfer was standing 2 feet in front of me, went and sat by the missus, she knew something was going on, I struggled to put some words togther to explain what happened. He was sitting only 6 feet from us. I told my son he was here and he went looking for him staright away and spotted him immediately, which I reckon was pretty amazing for an 11 year old, dont think too many groms would know who he is let alone recognise him today....there was many artists at the art show but the true artist was out on the deck eating plenty of sausages on bread....the red frog story is a ripper mate, lets get together at my shop and chat one day when ya got time.... 8)

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Hatchman wrote:^^^^

5'10"!!!

Bloody hell we're not all 70kg or less - either that or as fit as Mick Fanning to power that through the water.

I reckon a single or twin fin is the way to go, with decent volume too so fat and slow blokes like me can ride it :D
You might be pleasantly surprised at how well a short stubby Kritta will paddle and plane. I'm 84kg and my 5'7" x 20 3/4" x 2 3/4" is plenty of foam for me. The flat deck really retains a lot of volume all the way to the rail. Super fun for waves that don't offer much :)
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:29 pm

pridmore wrote:I am a huge fan and when I was walking across the verandah, I nearly bumped into this big guy carrying 2 sausages on bread, then I realised who it was, I was shocked and stared in disbelief that this man I had seen on so many movies and read his book several times and pretty much eld in such high regard as a surfer was standing 2 feet in front of me, went and sat by the missus, she knew something was going on, I struggled to put some words togther to explain what happened. He was sitting only 6 feet from us. I told my son he was here and he went looking for him staright away and spotted him immediately, which I reckon was pretty amazing for an 11 year old, dont think too many groms would know who he is let alone recognise him today....there was many artists at the art show but the true artist was out on the deck eating plenty of sausages on bread....the red frog story is a ripper mate, lets get together at my shop and chat one day when ya got time.... 8)
I felt the same around him. Completely in awe. I could talk all day to Slater or dorian or Fanning, but MP ... Forgeddaboutit.

Once I get this move done and dusted I'll drop around for sure, prob mid to late next week. You drink coffee? I'll bring a couple around.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:41 am

the green QF has been getting wet still , thats my Fish-Finger that I cant stop riding and the first Fat-Bat I shaped with some quads Topher sent me to try out.....always trying different stuff and cant ever take just one board to the beach, think I have a problem :roll: