Quadfather Project Board....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Quadfather Project Board....

Post by pridmore » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:35 pm

Got a little waterproof camera for the QF project board, I'll get it fitted when I get my hands back on it ( maybe sooner if I get up that way ). I plan on getting some great footage of it in action and with alot of different guys riding it, and in all sorts of waves and places too hopefully. I plan on posting some of this on the forums and my web-site too...maybe even put some up on youtube....anyway, might even be able to throw together a little dvd at the end of it....have to talk to Mr. Shearer about doing some discounted price editing for me again..... :roll: pretty excited to see what footage we can get..... 8)

www.moresurfboards.com

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:46 pm

Hey Mark,
Is this board still on the sunny coast?
I'd be keen for a quick look at her if she is and maybe a paddle too if timing worked for those who are in its possession atm

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:57 pm

yeah, its sll up there and will be for a while, I'd be stoked if you put it thru its paces..where are you at ?...I've gotta give it to a few guys up there first but you can have it, no worries, probably a few weeks but.... 8)

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:18 pm

cool. I'm south of clown town. Who's got it at the mo?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:57 pm

a guy from MeSurf has it for a few days yet, he is doin a review on the design and also an interview with the shaper....then its goin to a mate of mine and another 2 blokes who arent on the forums but contacted me to have a crack on it...then MarcusH, then Surfdenbeer ( if he's still keen ??? ), then you mate...thats why it might be a while but just trying to pass it round so everyone who is keen, gets a bit of a go... 8)

hoping some people will take a few pics or even some footage of themselves riding the QF..also post ya feedback and thoughts, good or bad, thats what it is all about, me putting it out there for all to see and for me to get any feedback so I can make any adjustments or improvements to the design...but this was tested quite a bit before I put it out there.... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:48 pm

just a pic or 2 of a stocky QF I have atm...its 6'4" 1 /2" x 19 3/4" x 2 5/8"....

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:55 pm

gibber wrote: clown town.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:24 pm

your area trev CaLO(w)uNdra

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:24 pm

TrevG wrote:
gibber wrote: clown town.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Caloundra Trev! Quite fitting, no?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:28 pm

we used to call it Nambour by the sea...but it is much beter the days...actually a top spot for a surfer IMO...... 8)

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:32 pm

pridmore wrote:we used to call it Nambour by the sea...but it is much beter the days...actually a top spot for a surfer IMO...... 8)
Haha thats funny, I use that one too

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:33 pm

gibber wrote:your area trev CaLO(w)uNdra
:idea: So, if you're south of Caloundra, you're not on the Sunny Coast. 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:54 pm

TrevG wrote:
that just hurts Trev :cry:

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:42 am

Any chance i can get a ride when it comes to sydney? :?:
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:24 pm

gibber wrote:
TrevG wrote:
that just hurts Trev :cry:
So, where do you surf, Gibbs?
Beanpole

Skipper

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:23 pm

Trev, Gibber surfs anywhere from Noosa to Ulladulla. The boy never sleeps and will drive 1000km for a wave.

He's also a big fan of your local, so he's not givin ya shit mate!!!

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:28 pm

Nice looking board there Mark!!! Are you still gonna be up my way later this month? Slight change of plans for me. After researching through the last 10 years of swell archives it looks as though the Indian Ocean is a wee bit less active in El-Nino years, and so I'm taking the advice of the fellow grey haired members on here and looking to the Northern Pacific and going back to the country I went to earlier this year, although on the more exposed island to the NW. So that brings my trip forward to early Feb, and thus Mark I'll probably need a board rather soonish after we meet up later this month. What sort of time frame are we looking at for a finished board if we meet up to discuss shape/volume etc at the end of this month?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:01 am

Just as long as that island hasnt been washed away by a tsunami Don, it has been a tragic week thats for sure... time frame for a board is 3-4 weeks usually but that depends on work load , currently flat out with orders ( half of them are QFs' :) ) which is great but can add some time ...I will be at Cooly at the end of the month so be glad to hook up and discuss a board, we can even get a surf in, that is the ideal way for me to understand what you want, sometimes I can do it round here, just watch a guy on his current board and then I can really understand what he needs or is describing....anyway there's plenty of time from when we can catch up to the time you head off....
The 'green machine' is still with Josh from MeSurf and he hasnt much surf to test it in he tells me but is hoping for a grovel on it this morning before passing it over to my mate Chad for a while, he isnt a computer type so I'll try to post an update or 2 when he tells me when , where and how it goes for him. He just won some footy tipping comp so he has some cash for a new stick, so I'll know how much he liked it when he orders his newy.....

8)