Quadfather Project Board....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Quadfather Project Board....

Post by Trev » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:16 am

pridmore wrote:Cool, great to hear the board is goin well and getting quite a bit of use too...some interesting but good feedbck there also....
Don, stoked you enjoyed the QF.... generally my QF's are a touch wider than this one which by the sounds would have suited you and the waves you were surfing...the project one was very slighly more refined to make it more suited to the wide variety of surfers and waves it would see, also to make it resemble dims that alot of guys surf and therefore less hesitation to try the board and also less transition once riding it...
Sounds like ya mate struggled but perservered until he got it sussed Trev, great stuff....
any pics would be much appreciated... 8) did Josh from MeSurf take the QF mate ??? 8)
Couldn't get through to him yesterday. Will try again, shortly. Just got a couple of htings to do. Should be free to chase him up about 9.30.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:32 am

cool, no rush, appreciate you doin it..... 8)

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:37 am

pridmore wrote:Don, stoked you enjoyed the QF.... generally my QF's are a touch wider than this one which by the sounds would have suited you and the waves you were surfing...the project one was very slighly more refined to make it more suited to the wide variety of surfers and waves it would see, also to make it resemble dims that alot of guys surf and therefore less hesitation to try the board and also less transition once riding it...
I'm not sure I'd want to go much wider than the trial board Mark as it kinda all came together for me at the end of the surf......just was wondering if ya think knocking 1 or 2 inches off the length would help with the turns a little more or it could jeopardise the speed of the board also?

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:37 am

TrevG wrote:Couldn't get through to him yesterday. Will try again, shortly. Just got a couple of htings to do. Should be free to chase him up about 9.30.
Josh contacted me last night and I gave him your # Trev.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:44 am

by reducing the length by 2" and leaving the width as it is, you'll end up with a curvier outline whch will turn better, but you wont lose much float or speed, we can make some minor adjustments to ensure that mate.... 8)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:54 pm

Mark, Josh has rung me. Probably Saturday before he can pick up the board.
All under control.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:11 pm

never doubted that Trev....I'll contact him ova the weekend to arrange where it goes nxt...MarcusH is keen and I have several other keen punters too....might be a while before it leaves the Sunny Coast yet.... 8)

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:12 pm

TrevG wrote:Mark, Josh has rung me. Probably Saturday before he can pick up the board.
All under control.
Arggghhhh, I wish I had of known this earlier in the week and then I wouldn't have busted my nut for a Tuesday session!!!

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:21 pm

sorry Don but Josh said he would be back Wed and keen to surf it Thursday.....appreciate everyones help and its good coz there's a few who have met coz of this board already...like last time, I think I met about 7 or 8 guys thru the MTM who use the forums.... 8) better get that nut looked at.... :roll:

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:21 pm

Just checking in. Sounds like this might be your finest creation yet Mark!

Had my first wave on the shorty since the knee op the other day. Was about head high coolum with a fair bit of woble. Got a few ok ones and started to get the hang of it again after 7-8 months not riding it!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Mark, do you want me to pass it onto Marcus?
Beanpole

Skipper

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:15 pm

Forget that.
Josh now has the board.
Beanpole

Skipper

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:46 pm

finally...Thanks for your efforts Trev.....I'll get it to Marcus soon but there is a few guys who are keen to order a QF and wanna try this one first ....so I'll try to swing it to them quickly first...Sorry MH, wont be long...... 8)

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:00 pm

Too easy Mark got ya pm.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Mark, has Josh ridden the QF yet and if so, has he posted the review anywhere?

Also, just about to book my Maldives South trip for March 2010, so Mark I'll be in touch sooner rather than later to discuss my QF.

Don't suppose you're heading up to SE Qld anytime soon?

Also, what glass job was on the trial QF?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:51 pm

Dunno mate, he's a hard man to get in touch with, I'll try to give him a call tomorrow but I think the review will be a few weeks away on MeSurf....

The glassing on project QF is 4oz bottom and double 4 deck...I went a bit lighter coz I wanted to make the board perform as well as possible and was prepared to sacrifice a little strength, the board didnt get much curing time either, maybe 4 days and I usually leave them for 2 weeks or 1 as a minimum...... :roll:

I wont be up there for a while, my wife is up there fairly often to do deliveries and pick stuff up but I wouldnt be up there for sometime...I am spending a week at Cooly at the end of Oct....but we can discuss the newy over the phone or e-mail if that suits you ??? I'd be stoked to shape you a sick sled for the Maldives trip.... where abouts in the quiver is this board goin to fit ??? :?: 8)

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:44 pm

Wow, it felt solid for 4 ounce bottom and double 4's on the top, that's for sure. I usually go for a heavier glass job for strength as I'm a bit tough on boards unfortunately.

Could catch up at some stage at the end of Oct when you're up at Coolly for sure. At worst can catch up over the phone, but would like to catch up in person to show you what I'm currently riding.

My current quiver includes a 6'4", 6'9" and a 7'0", but it's fair to say my 6'4" is on it's last legs, so I'd be keen to probably supersede the 6'4".....or at least compliment it as a more down the line fast board......??

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:45 pm

I have been surprised by the amount of people who are on the forums but never post or comment, I have been contacted by several lately who said they followed the threads with interest...some have ordered boards ( hi to you guys if you are reading this now ha ha ) and others have just wanted advice on quads or design, but it was surprising how many dont participate but they are out there watching and reading out every move...so lucky there is no bulllshhittt written hey ? :roll: :)

'Hard to contact Josh' has got the board but I hope to get it to a good mate of mine, Chad , so he can try the QF. He has always been very conservative, always ridden thrusters for as long as I have known him ( 20 years ), the last board I shaped him I set up with extra plugs so he could try it as a quad or thruster but he never has been game to ever change the fins...so I'm going to give him the Quadfather for a try...pretty sure he'll love it. He rips and is usually a stand out ( his fluro white hair makes sure of this ) so I will post his thoughts after he rides it...and will be interested to see if he orders his first quaddy after probably 100 thrusters..... 8)