Quadfather Project Board....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Quadfather Project Board....

Post by pridmore » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:56 pm

I am doing another project board ( ala The MORE the Merrier Project- AquaBat ) very soon and this one will be a Quadfather design. It will be around 6'3" - 6' 4" x 19 1/2" x 2 5/8", round tail quad so hopefully there is many of you guys who might be keen on having it for a while and putting this board thru its paces. I plan on shaping the board next week and should be ready within 3 weeks ( maybe ready for a board testing day I have planned on the Sunny Coast on the 30th August )...anyway, I would be keen to hear from anyone who is keen on trying it out....The MTM project was lots of fun and some friends were made so hopefully this time will be the same if not better....cheers,
Mark 8)

ps- a cool- witty name for the project would be great if anyone can think of something- using the words Quadfather and or MORE..???

Grooter
Duke Status

Re: Quadfather Project Board....

Post by Grooter » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:03 pm

Sounds like a good board for the beachies down my way.

Happy to put it through its paces at Gunnamatta a la the Fat Bat, hopefully it won't be a 44 degree day this time and I'll get some footage that is better.

Oh and the bloody thing better not dent my head like the Fat Bat, the scar is still just faintly there!
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

If/when it ends up with Butts at some stage I'll have a lash ...

LONGINUS
barnacle

Post by LONGINUS » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:01 pm

Great idea Mark - How About

"Quadrophenia-Make War No MORE"
salty wrote:Surfing Atlas WTF? ...I have to pay a sign-up fee in order to expose to the masses, pictures of and directions to my favorite breaks! http://www.surfingatlas.com

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:18 pm

well its winning....first one but...what about some of the lines from 'The Godfather' movie ??? great to see how many people are keen already, good stuff... 8)

entropy

Post by entropy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:00 pm

ummm...quadimodo...? or you could link it in with the 1964 film 633 Squadron ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/633_Squadron) , especially using the measurements you have posted 6'3-6'4, how about going 6'3.3" Quadron?
Good line to use in your promotional material: The entire squadron is lost, except for Grant and his navigator. However, the mission is a success. Back in England, Air Vice Marshal Davis (Andrews) delivers the film's most famous line as he tells a fellow officer: "You can't kill a squadron."

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:47 pm

keen to have a go for sure mate :D
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

roundhouse
Grommet

Post by roundhouse » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:54 am

Yeah id be keen to have a crack. I would come to your day on the sunny coast but will be in indo at the time. Hopefully you can leave it with someone on the coast and I can have a go when there done. dims sound good for grovelling on a few small point waves

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:53 am

What about the Quad-fer.
As in " I made him a quad-fer he couldn't refuse".
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:31 pm

What about - I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse - "The black hand of MORE surfboards..." - The Quadfather.

Or instead of a black hand, the colour of the board (pink MP? :P or maybe aqua). You can even have a black hand-print on the board.

I remember hearing the story that if you received a black hand in the mail, it meant that the mafia will knock you off soon.
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:39 pm

interesting ...maybe I should just watch the film... :roll: maybe just "Project Quadfather" (PQF).?.
I'm keen to see what people think of the round tail with the quad...coz I love it and everyone who has tried one really enjoys them .... 8)

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:03 am

I'd be keen to give it a try if Butts gets his hands on it, even if I've already got one... bahah :D
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:07 am

It will definitely get down to the northern beaches...Butts is a busy man lately but I have told him about the project and hopefully he;ll have time to take a few of his cool pics....Salty goes pretty good with a camera too.... 8)

Jimi
Local

Post by Jimi » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Sounds good mark, ill definatly be up for a ride once it gets to the northern beaches. Sounds a little like the 6'4 round tail thruster you did me as my step-up board, Id love to try it in a quad.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:45 am

The Don - An offer you can't refuse

OddaP
barnacle

Post by OddaP » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:00 pm

I'm in if the Quadfather can make it our western shores Mark :D

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:18 pm

I shaped it today and it came up pretty nice ( IMO )...dims are 6'4" x 19 3/8" x 2 5/8", single to double, round tail, quad..should float most guys up to about 90 kg's.....theres a bit of volume there but the rails arent too full and combined with its rocker and bottom shape, it should be fairly responsive....post some pics of the shape tomorrow... 8)

LONGINUS
barnacle

Post by LONGINUS » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:43 am

Hey Mark,

We can get Matt Smith www.vieu.com to shoot it around the gong as we did for the Fat Bat. The last relay transfer down south seemed to work out okay. Hope to help really get it off shore this time, whats your time frame for getting it around Sydney? towards end of year might be a trip to The Carolines. What fins are you going to run it with - butterflies?
salty wrote:Surfing Atlas WTF? ...I have to pay a sign-up fee in order to expose to the masses, pictures of and directions to my favorite breaks! http://www.surfingatlas.com