Quadfather Project Board....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Quadfather Project Board....

Post by Trev » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:03 am

Donweather wrote:Trev, Gibber surfs anywhere from Noosa to Ulladulla. The boy never sleeps and will drive 1000km for a wave.

He's also a big fan of your local, so he's not givin ya shit mate!!!
Nah. I wasn't upset. Just going along with the game. 8)
I had heard the "Clown Town" term before. :evil:

ps. He's not Derek is he?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:55 pm

pridmore wrote:I will be at Cooly at the end of the month so be glad to hook up and discuss a board, we can even get a surf in, that is the ideal way for me to understand what you want, sometimes I can do it round here, just watch a guy on his current board and then I can really understand what he needs or is describing
Gee, talk about putting pressure on a guy to perform in the surf!!!

Anyway, happy to hook up at some stage when you're down at Cooly....just let me know when you arrive down there.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:56 pm

TrevG wrote:ps. He's not Derek is he?
Nope.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:06 pm

here is Diggers' 6'6". This was the first order to come from the project QF board, Digger was first to ride it and this is a slightly beefed up version in a 6'6" . We had discussed doin a board via e-mail but I wanted him to ride the project qf and then go from there....he gets it in less than a week so should be an interesting ride report if he posts it here..... 8)
We glassed it with a 6 and 4 deck and the weight has come up pretty good and feels nice...ahhh stuff Digger, I'm gunna keep it.... :roll: :roll: :D

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:37 pm

I'll have one of those thanks!!! :D

Actually Mark, on a serious note.....where does one put a tail deck pad on these quads? Over the fins (typical of a thruster) or at the back of the board (which is almost behind the fins on these QFs)?

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:06 pm

cant wait mark, but I did my back this week, lol, Im just remembering that post by the guy who done in his ankle a few days before getting a custom of you as well mark, its funny but at the moment Im not laughing........ :| Will definately post a report
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:54 am

pads go on same as a thruster, sweet spot for me is backfoot directly above front fins ( or back a bit )....

No good bout the back Digger, if you are no good I guess it can cure a bit MORE..... I could have sold it 2 times yesterday, it is funny how when customers come into a shop and see sold on a board, they are instantly MORE interested in that board...so today I'm sticking 'sold' stickers on everything.... :roll: did you want me to stick the tail pad on for you ???....

the 'green machine' has finally been passed on from Josh who said he didnt even get any waves on it,
but now my mate Chad has it for a week or so.... 8)

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:46 am

pridmore wrote:pads go on same as a thruster, sweet spot for me is backfoot directly above front fins ( or back a bit )...
You better make a pintail then... :idea: quad pintail, RQ will be shaking his head in disbelief :mrgreen:

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:59 am

yep, stick the pad on for me if you have time Mark, will talk bout when to pick up on email, dont think I will be surfing this week due to back, pretty bloody stiff and this is the time that I could really damage it, so no rush Mark, maybe leave another week but will talk on email mate.

Board looks sweet, my missus has even agreed to go to beach on next decent swell to video so will post that if I can figure out how :roll:
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:28 pm

ric_vidal wrote:
pridmore wrote:pads go on same as a thruster, sweet spot for me is backfoot directly above front fins ( or back a bit )...
You better make a pintail then... :idea: quad pintail, RQ will be shaking his head in disbelief :mrgreen:
already have a 6'2" pintail QF in the shop.... :shock: 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:04 pm

ok my mate has had the QF and he says he likes the speed and the shape but he says he is having some trouble off the top....we were chatting about why that might be and we worked out he had never ridden anything but a thruster for the entire 22 years of his surfing life, shitt I knew he was conservative with boards but this is rediculous . He did ride a single fin longboard a few times when it was tiny but to never have ridden a fish, twin, single, quad or even a hybrid shape, he is like the total opposit of me....anyway, he said he wants to try it a few more times and see if he can adapt to it...he should be able to coz he is a pretty good surfer ( at least on a thruster he is )..Well if nuthing else I'm happy to have given him his first quad to ride and hopefully it will lead to him being MORE open to riding some different boards....

MarcusH, are you keen for the QF very soon ?, if so, can I get you to PM your mobile so I can get you to hook up with my mate and grab the board ??? I want it to be finished on the Sunny Coast by the 27th of Oct coz my oldies are bringing it down to Cooly for a hol...and then I'll pass it onto Scot if you are still keen mate ??? 8)

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:13 pm

Hey mate i'll pm you in a second.

Im up in Hervey Bay until friday arvo now, does anyone want it after me on the coast before the 27th? If so i'll hand it back tuesday as im in melbourne wed - friday next week. If not i'll hang onto it and arrange drop off.

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:46 pm

I'd be keen to have at least one sesh on her if it fits in the time sched.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Maybe Marcus can grab it ( as PM'd you ) and then when you head off to Melb, can hand it onto Gibberer ???? 8)

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:47 am

It's still a long way out, but if the QF is in Sydney just before the 13th of Dec,I'm heading up to Crescent for a week and wouldn't mind giving it a try.
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:35 am

nobody has posted any pics yet, would be very cool to see some and maybe some footage if possible...
8)

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:30 am

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:04 pm

nobody has had trouble yet coming off the top on any QFs' but my mate said he just wasnt doin his turns like he usually did...he liked the feel of the board in general but we could only put it down to the fact that he has never ridden anything but thrusters and therefore it will take a bit longer to adjust to the minor differences....and yes, the McKee set-up is the most thrusterish and should be easier to adapt ( most have no transition at all ) but I posted this because it is the truth and I wanna be honest and allow all to see and read what is happening with the board. I could have bullshitted and said he loved it and he reckons its the best ever bla blka bla...but I'd rather be open and honest about it all, then guys like yourself can see the transition that may occur when trialling a quad but today when I spoke to my mate, he said he had some bigger and better waves yesterday at a good beachie and it felt alot better...and when I said to pass it on, he seemed not that keen either so it seems like it was just an adjustment...and this QF is the first board he has stepped on since I made him his last thruster 18 months ago.... :|