Quadfather Project Board....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

JET01
barnacle

Re: Quadfather Project Board....

Post by JET01 » Sun May 23, 2010 7:33 pm

I read in one of the earlier posts that you were going to send it off with some butterfly quad fins?
Did that ever eventuate? Have they disappeared yet?

If so, I'd love a shot if it comes back through sydney way. I missed it on it's way south. And when it was here it was flat as hell anyway.

Any pics from your holidays MP?

I've got mon - thursday off looking forward to spending some time on my QF
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun May 23, 2010 7:49 pm

didnt end up sending the bflies coz I trialled a few sets on my qf and also my swingers but didnt really love em, didnt suit the designs really , even though I know I could adjust them and get them to work well on those shapes, I havent continued down that track and I wouldnt send out something that I didnt even like....they do work really well on Fat-Bats and some wider tailed shapes ( they have certain perf features that really compliment the fins drive and lift ), anyway, enuff of that....

if the QF makes it back along the east coast, I will gladly let people have a go...but pretty keen on it getting to SA if possible...or back to me coz would fit into the quiver quite well atm..... :roll: 8)

Haz
barnacle

Post by Haz » Mon May 24, 2010 12:42 am

Yeah if it can't go west from Torquay I can send it back east... I'm usually doing roadtrips to Kilcunda/Wilsons prom way and that's pretty close to Gippsland...

miiiiiiiiiiiical...... MICAL! :lol:

mical
barnacle

Post by mical » Mon May 24, 2010 10:47 am

beachbanga wrote:Yeah if it can't go west from Torquay I can send it back east... I'm usually doing roadtrips to Kilcunda/Wilsons prom way and that's pretty close to Gippsland...

miiiiiiiiiiiical...... MICAL! :lol:
Will PM you my number mate, we'll get it moving back to Mark.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu May 27, 2010 12:15 pm

any plans with the board guys ? there is a few guys who missed on the way down so might try and get it to them on the way back north, ( seems it is heading home, shame it didnt go to SA and maybe even WA, well we did try but wasnt meant to be )..... if its heading home then I guess I can start to consider what shape to send around next time...... 8)

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu May 27, 2010 12:26 pm

^^^^

How about sending something that's not a quad mate?

The latest Surfing World romanticising with single fins reached epic proportions in the last issue, maybe that could be an option?
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu May 27, 2010 12:36 pm

yeah, maybe... I dont only do quads but the 2 have been designs I wanted feedback on and they just happened to be 4 finned, I am still getting about 60% of my orders as quads but I am more than happy to send out something with a different amount of fins but for me its about sending a design that'll be fun as well as supply me with valueable feedback for improving and modifying that particular design...its great to get such a wide variety of surfers on the one board and to be able to get all their thoughts on it....has been golden for me....maybe finless ??? maybe a singley ???? maybe a board with 10 plugs so you have to decide what fin set-up you want to ride it with ????? 8)

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Thu May 27, 2010 1:04 pm

I vote either a Swinger to blow some minds away, or a Kritter to get people onto the mini-board craze :)
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

mical
barnacle

Post by mical » Thu May 27, 2010 1:54 pm

No word from Beachbanga yet Mark, so no idea what's happening at this stage.

I can meet him anywhere from the Island to the Prom to pick it up whenever he's heading down this way next.

Just not sure how far up the coast I'll be able to head to pass it on, depending on who it's going to.

Always someone I know heading from Vic to NSW or Qld though, could get them to drop it somewhere too.

EDIT: Scratch that, just got a PM from Beachbanga. I'll let you know what can be done Mark.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu May 27, 2010 1:58 pm

I alluded to it on another thread

There is a chance, a slight one, that I may need to go to Sydney towards the end of June, if so I can take it with me.

But that's a big if at this stage, job assignments tend to change like Melbourne weather in IT at times.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu May 27, 2010 2:21 pm

thanks guys appreciate the assistance in getting it moving...maybe Quangers would like to have have a paddle on it, he missed out on the south trip, and possibly one or 2 in Syd but we'll see who is keen...but it'll be good to see her back up here, pretty keen to have some sessions on it myself...... 8)

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Thu May 27, 2010 3:56 pm

Cough cough cough :D

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu May 27, 2010 4:09 pm

sounds serious beery, you havent got a squin fin in ya throat have ya mate ??? :roll: :roll: :roll:
we will get it to ya if ya keen..... 8) :)

Topher
regular

Post by Topher » Thu May 27, 2010 5:51 pm

I is also keen to try and get on it as it comes through the south of sydney. Can probably pick up from as far down as Kiama most weeks.

slowy
regular

Post by slowy » Thu May 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Oii don't miss Newie again on the way back up Priddy...good timing with looking at new board soon.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu May 27, 2010 7:23 pm

yep, thats right, you missed out too, there was a few who missed out so coming back up worked out ok really....no probs, just gotta get it there now.... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:49 pm

where is the board atm ? I am very keen to get it moving back up north asap, do you still have it BeachBanga ??? please let me know.....? seems like its been stagnant for a while and I wanna get it used some more, plus keen to get it back and possibly start with a new design...... 8)

Haz
barnacle

Post by Haz » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Yuuup... Can't really drive anywhere at the moment, have uni exams from the 15th-17th! So I'll probably be able to go for a drive to gippsland on the 19th and give it to mical.