Quadfather Project Board....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Quadfather Project Board....

Post by pridmore » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:38 pm

I hope wecan find something to ride...will suss it out on Sat arvo and make a call for Sunday morning...maybe we can go somewhere MORE open to swell...wait and see what happens I guess...
MH, you'll get some waves when you are in Byron, may just have to drive a bit...we have had fun but small waves the last week...1-2ft today but still lots of fun on a 5'11, be great on a LB.....

Even if its tiny or even flat, we can still catch up and talk crap... thats always fun.... 8)

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:42 pm

Guys don't write off Sunday completely. There's likely to be a small, and inconsistent 2ft E/SE groundswell in the water at the more open exposed beaches. And with the long period, they should have some power for their size when they arrive.

I'd be thinking about the top end of the coast. Perhaps Sunshine as it'll be a good spot for larger swell and more favourable N winds.

Just my two cents worth anyway.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:53 pm

cheers Don, maybe we might hit ya fav SC beachie for some little A-frame wedges near coffe rock....
Nah, prob plan for Marooch but could go a bit north, will suss out swell and winds, then post on Sat arvo....Pick up board tomoz, keen to see how it trned out...think I would be bored of seeing new sticks but its like getting a custom for me evry time.... :D 8)

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:56 pm

If Sunshine's just that little too far north then perhaps a little tucked in location behind a particular arkwright headland might be worth a look for a touch more size and protection from the N winds.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:59 pm

might have a look on Sat...that place is very tidal...needs a bit of water most the time.... 8)

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:04 pm

Fair enough. Just trying to give ya some options to gain the most of the small swell and N wind conditions so that all can enjoy your boards. Wish I could join ya as some of those sticks look vey interesting indeed.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:13 pm

thanks Don...I actually grew up on the coast and know it quite well...but cheers, wish you could make it too.... 8)

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Love to take the quadfather for a run along the bar.
Just drawing up those venturi channel designs for you to play with.
Memo though, shapers nightmare, they would need to give a huge performance enhancement to make the precision shaping worthwhile
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:42 am

always keen on sussing out diff designs but I will only go ahead if I believe there will be performance benefits of some sort...but send them thru, interesting stuff....cheers 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:47 pm

here she is finished and ready to go....tomorrow is the day, hopefully there will be a few nice waves for her maiden voyage... 8) Mean, green and keen... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:32 pm

It wassfed by Diggerdickson but it as small and very gutless, waves looked much more rideable than they were, just no power or push at all....Anyway, he is gunna ride the QF a few MORE times and then pass it on to its next rider so can you let me know who is keen on the Sunny Coast ....cheers,
MP 8)

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:52 pm

i wouldn't mind a paddle on it, thats the purpose right mark :?:
will it be near sydney anytime :?:
signatures, finally got it covered.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:00 pm

it'll be down there for sure, not sure when but there's not that much interest from people so far so could be earlier than I hoped...I am hoping for some surfers on the Goldy ( only got Scot so far ) and a few mates and also a few in the byron area would be cool...only got mr. Shearer keen so far...let me know if anyone is interested please....Yep, thats the idea alright turts.... 8)

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:05 pm

ill be on mid north coast(forster) 7th to 15th september.
probably be the only chance id get :?: off to PI for 4 weeks after that.
signatures, finally got it covered.

JF

Post by JF » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:01 pm

hey Mark
QF looks great. And good onya for putting your boards out there for people to try. Would be keen to have a go if possible. I'm in Cabarita/ Hastings area. (It's John- I had the ABat last time around)

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:35 pm

theres swell :shock: will take the board out and give a report tommorow, only small but might pick up next week as well I hope
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:48 pm

hope you find some decent waves digger, bit of a transition from the wide fishy board you usually ride in the small stuff, be great if you scored some 3-4ft rights to really feel the QF out hey ???
Iggs, stoked you are keen to give it a crack but could be a while, depends on how many are wanting it for a while...I'll guess 2 months away from getting to you mate but you are first cab off the rank in Sydney town....I think its a bit finer than you usually ride ( just goin on pics and what you have said about volume )....but keen to hear your thoughts after you riding quads alot....
JF, will be in touch when its in that area...all good 8)

www.moresurfboards.com

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:17 pm

tested in one foot blown out slop agian, :evil: but had one wave that sucked up well and felt the drive in the board, still waiting for a decent wave and am hoping for saturday morning, will hit it at dawn and hopefully will get a feel for the board, hoping there will be surf.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".