Quadfather Project Board....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Grooter
Duke Status

Re: Quadfather Project Board....

Post by Grooter » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:00 am

Sounds good, the turds will be waiting for you!
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Haz
barnacle

Post by Haz » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:59 am

Good sounds like it can move again...

More good news, a guy came up to me in the Winki carpark (knew who i was for some disturbing reason :lol: ) who is a forum lurker and wanted to burrow the quadfather, lives near you Hatchy and always goes to phillip island, so mical could have a go if ya want??

He hasn't got the board yet, I've got all his details, was just wondering if this was cool with prid? He lives very close to Hatchy, so I could pm Hatch his number as well when you go to qld?

mical
barnacle

Post by mical » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:17 am

^^
You've both got my number, give me a yell if it's down this way.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:12 pm

If it's cool with Mark it's cool with me Banga

If he lives near me it's no prob for me to go and pick it up
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:55 am

any movement with the QF by any chance guys ??? 8)

Haz
barnacle

Post by Haz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:48 pm

Yep, it's with another guy now, I'll pm you his details prid

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:20 pm

Gold Coast trip for me is about 80% in the bag now.

Middle management has confirmed, just need the blessing of upper management and then it's a done deal.

If it goes ahead I'll be up there on the 23rd of August with the Quadfather in tow. Will further hotel details etc.... when I know them

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:25 pm

awesome sounds good Hatch...thanx

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Gold Coast trip is in the bag. Management just confirmed

I'll be out of here on the 23rd of August which means I need my hands on it the weekend prior to that.

Banga have you still got it mate?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:32 pm

Thats good news Hatch.. Banga said his mate has it and think he was gunna PM you his number...I have it I think...I will pm it to you if I have....thanks

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:39 pm

Just spoke with the bloke then, lives literally a 5 minute walk from my house so I'll get it tomorrow night.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:13 pm

QF is sitting snugly back in the garage of Casa Del Hatch

Mate of mine may give it a go on Sunday arvo, supposed to be a big storm swell so there may be a wave on offer at Leo

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:32 am

cool, thanks..how is its condition ? would expect it to have quite a few scrapes and depressions..?

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:39 pm

pridmore wrote:cool, thanks..how is its condition ? would expect it to have quite a few scrapes and depressions..?
Looks the same as when I passed it on, no new dings from what I can tell but still has the depressions on the deck.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Righto I'll be up on the Goldie from the 23rd to the 27th. Staying at the rather modest looking Holiday Inn hotel at Surfers.

What's the surf like up there? Is it worth getting a couple of dawnie's in on the QF before you (or someone) comes and collects?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:02 pm

the Holiday Inn is ok to stay at, really great sushi bar across the road, thru the carpark near the big bungy bullet thingy and across the next street, have to try the grilled salmon and the wagu beef...
bit off track but its that good...
you might as well get a few waves on it, maybe we can check the conditions as we get closer and suss it out...I should be able to get it picked up towards the end of the week....its all just beachies near there so you'll be hoping for light winds, preferably with some west in it early, but we'll suss it out when its getting closer....cheers 8)

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:25 pm

Just spoke to Jetstar. Said the limit is 1.9 metres which is cutting it pretty fine, the QF would be about 1.95 I'd say.

So much for a fcuking adventure lifestyle airline - no boards above 6'4" :roll:

Keep your fingers crossed I don't get some uppity little sh.it at the check-in counter at Tullamarine that pulls out the Tape Measure

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:30 pm

dont let them measure the rocker curve, just the height and you should be sweet, but the cover is probably gunna add an inch....hope it gets thru ok.....