Quadfather Project Board....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Re: Quadfather Project Board....

Post by Donweather » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:00 pm

From the sounds of that review tell Fong to hurry up please digger!!!

Mark, I'll have 3 of em!!!

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:06 pm

pm you fongs contact details so you can get it next.... 8)

rightbrainpositive
Local

Post by rightbrainpositive » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:14 pm

All this talk of Mark's boards doing the rounds on the Sunny coast while I'm not there is killing me :cry:

Fwiw Mark, the Quadfather looks sweet and the feedback is backing it up...
You might have to get Cain off the paint and Poscas and give him a planer instead: I reckon you'll be getting a few more orders 8)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:32 pm

rightbrainpositive wrote:All this talk of Mark's boards doing the rounds on the Sunny coast while I'm not there is killing me :cry:

You might have to get Cain off the paint and Poscas and give him a planer instead: I reckon you'll be getting a few more orders 8)
Any plans to come home yet? How much longer is your contract?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:55 pm

one quadfather board ordered, 6'6 x 20 x 2 5/8, now for the waiting time :D :D :D
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:24 pm

rightbrainpositive wrote:All this talk of Mark's boards doing the rounds on the Sunny coast while I'm not there is killing me :cry:

cheers Felix, couldnt be happier with how they are going... if I get Cain onto the tools, he'll be better than me in months, then what am I gunna do ??? Go surfing ???... now ya talking... :D :D :roll:

he has done a bit of shaping actually and goes ok too, my old man was pretty good too, must have skipt a generation.... 8)

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:54 am

pridmore wrote:pm you fongs contact details so you can get it next.... 8)
Is this reply directed at me Mark? I don't have a PM as yet from you with Fong's details? If you do send it through, let us know Fong's real name as well please.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:54 pm

yeah Don, to you...i did send it but will try again.... 8)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:34 pm

guard wrote:Don, your inbox or sent box might be full.
Max 100 messages. After that they wont come through.
He and I communicate by pm fairly often with no problem.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:20 pm

Don, contact Fong , he has farrrked his foot at work after only 1 surf on the QF at bumpy Ann st., he said it was fast but only got 6 waves so no real feedback....he has offered to take some pics of you surfing it if you keen ??? anyway, get in touch and see if you can grab it...It is being reviewd by Mesurf next Thursday, should be interesting, review will be posted on their site.....
Fong might want it back after the review, not sure...and MarcusH is keen too...and have half dozen other keen punters up that way....any pics or footage would be much appreciated guys.... 8)

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:00 pm

Just emailed and text Fong to see if I can grab the board off him tomorrow at my FSCBeachie!!!

Was gonna try again up there on Tuesday or Thursday as well, so I could then drop it off to the guys at Kawana on either of those days??

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:08 pm

Fongy just called and I'm picking the board up off him tomorrow morning......even though he only surfed it in softish waves he rated it as a very quick board.....looking forward to giving it a whirl tomorrow now that's for sure.

I'll have a few mates with me tomorrow as well so I hope ya don't mind Mark if I give them a whirl on it as well (one of them is the guy I've been talking to you about who's very interested in them).

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:07 pm

Of course ya mates can ride it....thats what I am putting it out there for, so people can try the design and try something new or something they wouldnt usually try...if they like it, great, if not its been fun and I get some feedback and meet a few like-minded people...so for sure, let ya mates ride it and hope ya score some good waves to feel it out....it needs to get to Josh from MeSurf by Thursday so it can be reviewed....I will PM you his mobile to call if thats ok Don ?, or do you want me to call him and PM details ??? he lives at Kawana somewhere.....Some pics would be great too...

same as the MORE the merrier project, he who dings, fixes it..... 8) 8)

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:52 pm

It looks as though Huey is gonna let me down come tomorrow with probably not much more than 2ft of swell up there I'd say looking at the wave buoys gradual decline.

So I'd like to give it another whirl in something a little more sizey around Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday of this week. Would it be OK with Josh if I dropped it off on Thursday morning around 8ish, or is that too late?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:54 pm

should be fine.. 8) maybe head to somwhere a bit more open to swell ??? heard Pitta has had been good...

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:20 pm

I didn't get to ride the QF this morning as there was a mix up between myself and Fong as to which end of my FSCB we were meeting at. ONly just ran into him walking down the beach with it as I was getting out after my 3hr session.

Board looks damn good Mark....and almost the exact same dimensions as the current board I'm riding, except the QF seems to have a touch more width up the nose. Fin setup is very different to what I've seen in most other Quads before, so I'm very keen to give it a go.....will probably be Tuesday at this stage. :P

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:14 pm

thats a shame after the waves you scored, would have been great to try it in the little peaks in ya fav beachie... oh well, just hope you get a few surfs before it has to go to the reviewer ( now thats gotta be a job for me, board tester and reviewer ....) Did you get the PM with contact details for him...?... 8) glad you like the look of the QF, and the fins arent what most are doin but they really go well and isnt such a huge sifference from the thruster ( which everyone is used to ) but MORE drive, speed, hold IMO...anyway, see how she goes for ya on Tuesday, looking forward to hearing ya thoughts mate.... 8)

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:15 pm

Looking forward to the quadfather weekend day in Sydney, I'll bring mine along if someone wants to have a go of a 6'0" version :)
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.