Quadfather Project Board....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Quadfather Project Board....

Post by pridmore » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:08 pm

Digger, can you contact Fong, he is keen on testing the QF ??? I have PM'd his details seing how he has been given the boot from RS... :roll:
Did you score some of the tasty waves I heard you guys had today ? My step-dad surfed that bank we were on last Sunday and said it was really really fun and a bit over 3 ft.....suss it out and see where the QF can go and to who nxt coz I know Surfdenbeer was nxt in line mate.... 8)

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:14 pm

[quote="pridmore"]Digger, can you contact Fong, he is keen on testing the QF ??? I have PM'd his details seing how he has been given the boot from RS... :roll:

How the fcuk did he get booted? Jeez you'd have to do some dodgey shitte to get the flick from here - I take my hat off to him, great effort. :lol: :lol:

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:15 pm

saturday dawn surf at coolum was very disjointed, so on the way home from work I scored castaways, bout 3 foot. The speed of the board was outstanding, I was blown away, on the first wave I went straight down and into a hard bottom turn and the bloody thing just turned on a dime and went straight up the face vertical like a bloody rocket :lol: wasnt ready for that is the understatement of the week for me. After a few more waves I got use to the speed of the board and started to bury the rail. It seemed to pick up speed through the cutback with no bogging or slowing down. Tried one slash of the top and no hang up, the board throws buckets of spray and I cant recommend this board any higher..beautiful, just beautiful. It takes a bit to get use to, yes I think your right mark a bit more floatation for me would be good to improve paddling and a touch more length. I started one roundhouse way out on the shoulder and pulled it around and the board just did not slow one little bit and in fact caught me out a bit because I was heading back towards the shoulder where the lip was breaking and the thing was just increasing in speed.

Let me just say Im know a convert to the quadfather. Time for me to pm the next guy and will get in touch with fong to let him know what is happening. Hopefully I will squeeze in a surf tommorow before the board gets picked up, would love to try a few things on it but dont want to be to selfish as while there is a touch of swell should pass it on so surfdenbeer can try it before the swell dissapears for another month.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:32 pm

have pm surfdenbeer, will call tim tommorow if I have not heard from surfdenbeer as suppose I should move the board on as quick as possible while there is swell.

surfdenbeer

Post by surfdenbeer » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:43 am

Have pm you digger ,

throw your hands up for a ride fellas , if im not on it today i won't be riding it

could be a smallish point day if that wind gets up strong sw this morning i reckon

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:31 am

SW, everywhere will be offshore, hope you still have a go Sdb but if not, maybe PM Donweather or contact Fong Digger, especially while there's swell around, or get out there yourself mate.....
any pics or footage of the board would be cool too, be great to have some action shots for us to view if possible..... 8)

brownhornet
Grommet

Post by brownhornet » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:30 am

Been following Quads for a while and certainly interested in what you're doing Mark. Just finding it a bit difficult to fork out on an unknown. So if it is coming through Mid-North Coast (port) would love a go. Heading to Port Stephens late Sept then on to Sydney. If it fits in anywhere round there would love to give it a go. Been hanging around on the edges of the Quadfather project for a while.

Anyway its out there if its coming through this stretch of coast.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:53 am

yea cool, be stoked to have you ride it...best way to see how they go...not sure about time frame but I do need surfers in that area to try it and we'll suss out getting it to you when it is getting closer...
cheers... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:23 pm

ts only with it firt surfer still on the Sunny Coast and it could be there for a few weeks yet, doubt she'll be ready to head to Sydney this month...but things may change, will keep posting its whereabouts so people know.....stoked you guys wanna try it out..... 8)

brownhornet
Grommet

Post by brownhornet » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:49 pm

Now they're coming out of the woodwork. Happy to intercept whenever around the area. Looking forward to it if it all works out. Had a great surf around here this morning and could not help thinking about what I wanted different about the board I had. Feel over the last year or two I have reallyt gained appreciation of the differences in boards and how that relates to getting me vertical on waves and coming off the top. Very curious as to the Quad bottom turn, vert, reo combination. From the pics looks like a few things going for it as far as what Im interested in. Anyway let us know where it is progressing. Already have one other mate keen to see and ride. Must say a great way to market boards and progression in design.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:25 pm

sounds like you are the perfecr candidate for a test pilot the...you'll love the quad I reckon... 8)

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:44 pm

Keen to have a bash after Don if no-one else from the coast is before me.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:34 pm

yeah, cool, just waiting to see Digger passes it onto...Fong, Don and you are next in line...

hope you guys can get some pics too.... 8)

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:51 pm

got in contact with fong, he will be picking up the board on thursday, im meeting him for a early surf and he will be taking the board, he will find it easier then to get the board to Don, or the next person. I get one more surf on it and cant wait, Im amping to get another go and cant wait.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:05 am

fong know has the board, handed it over with great reluctance.

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:55 pm

Board looks nice Skid. Didn't wanna hassle Digger for a go today, as I knew he was handing it over to Fong. Will grab a ride on it while Fong has it.

Dimensions look good for me. Will be the 1st stringer centric quad I've really ridden, so may change my opinion of them. Will try and have a spin on the swinger too.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:06 pm

Timmy, I know how you surf and would be surprised if you didnt enjoy the feel of that set up, not too disimilar to a thruster down the line but a bit more drive thru turns IMO, but still a bit of freedom in the tail when you want it to be free ( you know what I mean )...for sure, get it and have a few surfs on it, like to hear ya thoughts...Chaddy is gettin a newy real soon and I want him to ride it soon also, he is fairly conservative with his shapes but think he may like the QF, and gotta try to sneak a bit of foam into his coz he has been doin ok in that paddock of late, plus he is partial to the odd corona but still wants to ride em as thin as we did 10 years ago....it is great that there's a few keen testers....as for the swinger, it can go really well and I liked it especially when the waves had a bit of wall and push, have tweaked rocker and a few minor things with the 2nd one ( 5'11" x 20" x 2 1/2", round tail quad with same set up as the QF ) and it is going really good, drivey and fast, lovin it in all waves ATM...but keen on your feedback on the Swinger too mate....

I'm also keen for a few pics of the old lady who lives off Mudjimba mate, I want one to get a painting done so if you have any good ones, lets talk mate....cheers 8)

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:07 pm

I rode the qf today in about 2 to 3 foot stuff, some not bad lefts, had fun and then passed it on to fong, will definately order a board from Mark after testing this board, its fast, love it, takes a bit to get use to it and still not use to the speed, but can see so much potential in the board that im getting mark to get me one. The board loves to go rail to rail and even though Im not a shit hot surfer the board gives you a lot of confidence to know when you want to go for it the board wont let you down with any hang ups or bogging down as long as a full commitment is put in, will be interesting to hear fongs view as he is a bigger lad than me. Am going out to the island near mudgimba but dont think fong will take the quad out there due to the long long paddle we gotta do to get there.