Quadfather Project Board....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Quadfather Project Board....

Post by pridmore » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:25 pm

No worries....a bit more foam in there than you probably think....and it is designed for good waves too.....glad we git it done in time but shame bout the artwork that Cain was gunna do....woulda looked sweet too.....hope it does the business for ya mate..... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:58 am

gunna be away for a month so just have fun with the QF travel board, would be cool if it could get to SA and spend some time there...Dug is keen and hopefully someone can take it or get it there somehow, anyway, enjoy the board and keen to see what its been up to and where its been when I get back..... 8)

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

My bedroom has that new board smell to it. This week really is going slowly. Took some pics yesterday, will post them soon.
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

Haz
barnacle

Post by Haz » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:10 pm

I have the quadfather! If anyone on the West Coast wants to give it a run, send me a pm.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:21 am

^^^^

Cheers for making the effort to come to my place to get it mate. :D
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Haz
barnacle

Post by Haz » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:54 pm

No biggy mate, had to pick up my car bout a km from your house anyway!

slowy
regular

Post by slowy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:43 am

On the 8th May I'm in Melbourne then flying over to SA. I could take the board if needed?? Over in the US at the moment but will check back here next week.

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:39 pm

Slowy... been trying to line up a mate travelling from the Mornington Peninsula back to Adelaide each month, just missed his last visit.

I'll check with him this weekend and see what his program is, but I reckon you may well be travelling before him.

Would be awsome if you could get it over here... I have a fairly large possie waiting rather impatiently for news. :D

dUg
barnacle

Post by dUg » Fri May 07, 2010 2:07 pm

OK I have a mate traveling from Torquay to Adelaide this weekend. Billion dollar question is... where is the QF??? :?

Haz
barnacle

Post by Haz » Fri May 07, 2010 5:07 pm

Yeah sorry I've still got it, been surfing it a bit and passing it round a couple of mates but yeah time to pass it on! Do you want me to give the qf to your mate in torquay dug?

Haz
barnacle

Post by Haz » Mon May 10, 2010 5:00 pm

or not... :?

dUg
barnacle

Post by dUg » Tue May 11, 2010 3:13 pm

Ugggh sorry... my bad snowed under with work and checks of RS have been infrequent. Mate left me a message asking if I still wanted it picked up and I have yet to reply. Lemme get back to you... gimme a day or two...

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon May 17, 2010 3:01 pm

just got back from hols and keen to see where the QF is ?, sounds like it nearly got to SA a few times.....hopefully its been getting surfed anyway....???? 8)

Haz
barnacle

Post by Haz » Mon May 17, 2010 4:46 pm

Yeh it's still in Geelong/Torquay... I've only ridden twice and figured it's too big for me (75kg), gave it to a few guys who are around the same weight as me and they all said the same thing, but i gave it to a couple of rellies who loved it, they both said they couldn't notice the quad feeling but it drew some nice lines... I agreed as I watched them surf 3-4 foot winki :)

Still waiting for someone to get it to Adelaide :?

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon May 17, 2010 5:03 pm

borrowed diggers for a wave yesterday, and while it's different too the quad father in many ways

fu.ck it rips....1st quad that feels good off the top i've ridden :!:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu May 20, 2010 8:37 pm

ok seems likeit cant get over to Sa so if it cant happen soon , we might get it to make its way back up the east coast, was hoping it might even go OS, maybe it could be a fun board for someone heading to Indo ??? anyway, if anyone is keen to have it or can offer a lift west or north or just about any direction, let me know and we'll get it moving somewhere...... 8)

dUg
barnacle

Post by dUg » Sun May 23, 2010 6:14 pm

sorry MP... too many fires to piss on here the last couple of weeks and not enough time to herd the cats required. I've managed to miss two mates' trips to SA already... one from Torquay. :oops:

There is still hope... I just need the time to clear the 57 annoyed messages on my voicemail.

Maybe we can have a whip around here... should be able to ship it to SA for about $60.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun May 23, 2010 6:31 pm

much prefer not to have to spend any dollars, shame it couldnt come together but ya never know, might still be able to happen....anyone know any truckies down that way or someone having hols soon ???
see what haapens hey ....thanks for trying but if it doesnt come together might get it moving somewhere, anyone keen anywhere ???? 8)