Quadfather Project Board....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

slowy
regular

Re: Quadfather Project Board....

Post by slowy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:09 pm

Which way is she heading Mark? South I'm assuming.
Also I'll email you for some ding repair advice on my MORE shorty.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:14 pm

yeah, south sorry mate...it was shitty timing for you when I had it going past your place, hopefully on the way back north....no probs with the ding advice..... 8)

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:51 pm

pridmore wrote:ps- still would love some footage, even average stuff, or pics, even non surf action pics...just need some visual in this thread.....please...... :?: :?: 8) bikini girls with the board :idea: :?: :roll: 8)
Here's half of your request Mark.....bikini girls. Perhaps the board was in the back?
gal.jpg

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:04 am

Got in contact with Robbie, there was some sort of plan of meeting up on the northern beaches today but his phone died. I think hes out of credit anyway...

His answering machine message is great!
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:09 pm

Robbie has the board now...

It was a really fun board, I liked it. Super fast and easy to paddle. It wasn't too hard to turn for its length considering it had a lower rocker than your average HPS too. I reckon someone who normally rides a 6'6", or a bigger guy would love this board as a small wave all-rounder.

It handled bigger waves well too, despite having a lot more volume than what I would normally ride in bigger stuff. The quad fins work really well to keep the speed and buoyancy under control...kind of an advantage maybe where other similar thrusters might get a bit skatey. I reckon it would really sing in long down-the-line point breaks, especially ones that require you to race sections.

Comparing it to my Quadfather (similar dims except mine is 6'0" and with a touch more rocker), it was a lot faster and really liked screaming down the line and covering distance. Mine tends to like sitting in and around the pocket a bit more, which is probably more to do with its size for my bodytype.

I recommend trying the KFin if you want to surf tighter with this one..

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:09 am

cool... Robbie has the QF and said he is enjoying it so far bur hasnt had many waves as yet...he will have it for another week or so, then it'll be passed onto someone else ?, Sliver (who is an RS member but I cant find him with a search), if you are out there and still keen and arent too injured, can you let me know so we can arrange the QF to get to you...or if anyone else around Sydney is keen, let me know please....or maybe its time for it to head south ??? post ot PM if ya keen guys..... 8)

Topher
regular

Post by Topher » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:43 am

Hey Mark, I'm still keen - how far south is it going to go? I'm often south of sydney and occasionally have the need to go as far as ulladulla if anyone down there is tryng it or wants to meet up for transfer.

Still drooling over the pics of my fatbat ya sent me last night. can't wait!

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:03 am

alrighty then...I'll end you the contact details for Robbie and you guys can suss out when suits you both best to hook up and hand the QF over.... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:48 pm

heres a link to a blog that has some shots of the QF,, thanks for takin the time to get a few shots Robbie..... 8)
http://aaahhrealsurfboards.blogspot.com/

Topher
regular

Post by Topher » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:48 am

Board will be changing hands next weekend. Looking forward to it, I think this is a great idea pridmore.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:18 am

ok, cool, so anybody else keen for a go around Sydney ??? coz its time for it to head south soon, unless keen punters let me know soon.....any southside guys keen ???? might head towards the Gong in a week or 2 me thinks......

sliver, if you are recovered from injury and out there and interested, please pm me.... 8)

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:22 am

Sliver still isn't 100%, I'll just give him a go of mine when he gets a bit better. Mine will be a better size for him anyway...

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:57 pm

Bring it to the gong!!!

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:05 am

Who has it now guys? Im keen to try it, and im also heading south past ulladulla in a few weeks, so would be able to have a go, and then pass it on when im down there?.

Cheers

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:13 am

topher has it as of this weekend I think, he will have it for a week or so then , if nobody else around Sydney seems keen, then you should PM him and see if you can hook up for a surf and a handover of the board maybe .....no rush to get it down south past you, have it for a week or so, so you can get in a handful of sessions at least....Quangers is down past you a bit and he is usually up for a try of a diff board, even though he has a QF, he may still be keen and maybe some of his mates too.... :?: 8)

Topher
regular

Post by Topher » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Hey guys, I'll clarify with robbie - but I thought he was keeping it until NEXT weekend, then we would changeover. Beerfan, getting the board to the 'gong will be easy - I'm in cronulla but am often down the coal coast for a wave.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:55 pm

Sweet mate, just let me know when you're ready, im not in a hurry so make sure you have a good go!

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:20 pm

If the board's still in cronulla, any chance of a wave? I'm off work from Wednesday to Saturday and could organise delivery somewhere between Cronulla and the Gong.

Either way it's no dramas.
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.