Quadfather Project Board....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

lessormore
barnacle

Re: Quadfather Project Board....

Post by lessormore » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:26 am

Any updates on the QFs whereabouts Mark? I'm heading north for a week on the 8th and would like to take it with me.Hopefully Huey is back from vacation( must have gone to Hawaii :cry: ) and there will be something to surf it on!
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Me neither, I haven't had a go of it in Sydney yet. I'll be up in Yamba from sun-sun this week, but after that I'll be keen to give it a run in Sydney?
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Think the MeSurf tester guy still has it, been trying to arrange a girl who I make boards for to collect it from him but dont think its happened... Think I sent you his number LessorMORE so if you have it, feel free to ring and grab it off him ( please ), just been busy with Xmas and work and everything else thats goin on this time of year but am very keen to get it to some other surfers for some surfing time....I will also try to contact the guy ( Dean from Cronulla I think ) and get the board to somewhere, maybe you if keen Doug ??? then CC can have it when you get back from Yamba trip.... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:36 pm

Just heard its in Sydney CBD and waiting to be collected and surfed, I would love someone to grab it please....I havent got a number but am waiting for a reply and can pass on the number of guy who has it....not sure who is close but LessorMORE is next in line for the board.... 8)

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Mark,PM me the number and I will pick it up.

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:08 am

I now have the Quadfather.
Heading north with the board on the weekend and won't be back in Sydney till the 16/1.
Let me know who wants it next.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:34 pm

thats good...dunno who is next but Caveman is keen, also a girl I shape boards for is in D.Y and she is keen, let me know when you are done te and we'll sort it out...hopefully there'll be some others keen too.....
when are you getting some waves to test her out ? How do you think she'll go for you ???..... 8)

slowy
regular

Post by slowy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:43 am

Lessormore
Where up North are you heading?
I am based in Newie, but heading up the coast a couple of times through early jan..South west Rocks, Seal Rocks, Port Maq etc.
Let me know when you come past Newie, drop in for a wave and a beer. Would like a burl on the QF.
Cheers Ben

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:12 am

I'm posting this from a caravan park near Forster. First attempt at a surf on the QF was yesterday(Mon) at a backbeach with waves struggling to be 1 1/2 feet and breaking 10 meters from shore and totally gutless.Needless to say I struggled to do anything on the board but take off, turn and flick off. Waves were similar today at Blueys( and everywhere else I looked) and the forecast for the next few days doesn't look much different.
I fitted a GoPro attatchment to the nose of the board hoping to get some footage but that doesn't look likely unless the strong northerlies push up some windswell
I should be heading back to Syd on Friday or Sat so I'll post again on Thu wiih an update.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:27 am

fingers crossed for a bump in swell, we got a decent increase yesterday arvo here ( tues ) and it was 3ft with a few bigger ones so hopefully you got some of the same....thanks heaps for trying with the gopro, hope Huey plays the game and you score something soon..... 8)

slowy
regular

Post by slowy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:37 am

We got the bump in swell down the coast as well, so would have hit there for sure. Without hopefully causing a huge overflow of emotion from the locals there, cause it's a NE swell head to the Tuncurry breakwall for most size. Its also got decent banks at the moment.

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:55 am

The QF is heading back to Syd today.The best I got to surf it in was 1- 2 foot which was hardly enough to get the board on it's rails(I'm 92kgs). With the few turns I did get in, it seemed quite responsive.
Here is a GoPro vid of one of the longer waves I caught(its' quite short)
I'd certainly like to try the board in some "real" surf but forecasts still don't look promising so if someone else wants to take it let Mark know and we can arrange it.

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:01 am

YeeHaaa-finally some waves! :D
Surfed the QF yesterday south of Syd in 3 foot with occasional 4 foot sets.
After 1 or 2 waves thinking"this is a new board- I wonder how it goes?" I found the sweet spot for my feet and had a ball.The board turns easily with the rear fins feeling like a cross between a thruster and a quad.
If I got one with this setup I would probably like to increase the distance slightly between the front and back fins and increase the volume of the board so it would float me better in small waves.
Here is some more GoPro footage from yesterday-
I'm off to surf it again today :D

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:22 am

cool, stoked you scored some waves on it and enjoyed it too...interesting comments bout the fins, this is set up with the tried and true McKee set up but will take your comments on board....thanks for making the effort to get some footage, hope you get some MORE waves on the Quadfather today mate...... :)

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:51 am

QF update-
After Saturdays waves I decided to head back south of Sydney again but just as I hit the F6 the southerly hit with a vengeance.
Surfed onshore 3' crap on a rising tide at Sat's beach, so after about 1/2 an hour I decided to drive a lot further south in hope of something out of the wind but still with swell(went all the way to here-)
Way down soth.jpg
with no luck.
Monday I drove back towards Sydney and found some offshore, 2' beachbreak waves that suited the QF well.Fast walls running left and right-
Time to hand it on to whoever wants it next,otherwise I might surf it again in the upcoming south swell.

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:08 am

The QF is being passed on today.
I got to surf it in 1' to 4-5' waves and found it easy to turn off the top and bottom and kept its speed well out of cutbacks.
My only issue is it wasn't made for my size(6'4 and 92 kgs) making it a little hard to paddle into waves , but once going, was easy to manoeuvre.
Apart from that a good, fun board.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:48 am

here is the link to the review done by MeSurf..not sure I like some of it but hey it is a review done by one guy who the board was not designed for, things would be different if I even knew his weight, surfing ability, style etc. but here it is anyway, few pics and stuff too....the guys at MeSurf were cool, helpful and easy to work with....also thanks to SurfingAtlas' Adam....
( thanks lessoemore for the use of his footage ).....

The QF is getting passed onto a girl surfer I know from DY, she did a few pics with Butts y'day and the plan on some more shots with the QF soon , so hopefully we will have some more action shots to check out soon, cheers,
MP 8)

http://www.mesurf.com.au/ProductDetail. ... ard-review

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:24 am

I surfed with Fong and Digger the day that Digger received the Quadfather. Didn't get a chance to surf it, but had a quick fondle.

If I remember correctly, the rails are quite low and pinched. Yet at the start of that review, that guy says they are boxier than a normal performance board?!

Based on that, I'd take that guys review with a grain of salt Mark.