G Land Pro old footage

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

G Land Pro old footage

Post by Trev » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:51 pm

Found this on Brownie's Coastwatch.
Check out Kelly's double up towards the end.
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5519695?fr=yvmtf
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

DV8
regular

Re: G Land Pro old footage

Post by DV8 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:08 pm

TrevG wrote:Found this on Brownie's Coastwatch.
Check out Kelly's double up towards the end.
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5519695?fr=yvmtf
Just got this comp copied from the old video tape to dvd . Freakin awesome !!! Soundtrack is the goods !! Still one of the best o watch for a psych up .

boardscape avalon
Local

Post by boardscape avalon » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:52 pm

i was managing the mona vale surfection during that time and became buddies with chris gallagher , through barton lynch, chris was struggling with his boards and not making any heats . i got him in contact with maurice cole who produced a bunch of epic boards for him. he went to w.a and won or came second at margarets. He then went to that G.land event and ended up getting 2nd to louie egan..i think the boards helped him massively. after those events he fell away and may have not even re- qualified.. true story

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:51 am

nice find , thanks trev ....
TrevG wrote:Check out Kelly's double up towards the end.
b@stard makes everything look good ... :idea:

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:18 am

best contest I've ever been to I reckon.

not as all out one-day-changes-the-world dramatic as Pipe or the 86 Billabong Pro, but for 10 days of ever increasingly incredible surf, great heats, and mind boggling free surfs ... unbeatable.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:09 pm

How's that shot of Tom standing upright and running his fingers along the top of the cavern?
And no "short" jokes please.
I just admire someone who has the mental ability to slow everything down so much they have such a clear vision of exactly where they are in a wave like that and be able to assess the options, all in the amount of time most of us would need to take a breath.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

channels
Duke Status

Post by channels » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:57 pm

boardscape avalon wrote:i was managing the mona vale surfection during that time and became buddies with chris gallagher , through barton lynch, chris was struggling with his boards and not making any heats . i got him in contact with maurice cole who produced a bunch of epic boards for him. he went to w.a and won or came second at margarets. He then went to that G.land event and ended up getting 2nd to louie egan..i think the boards helped him massively. after those events he fell away and may have not even re- qualified.. true story
I remember seeing footage of Gallagher way way back in a big left barrel (in the G Land comp I think), the barrel pinches shut and what seems like a few seconds later he comes bursting through the foam and continues on down the line. Great comp!

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:04 pm

love that vid
wish i could get a dvd as guard had his video tape stolen.
we had G land that year and it was just like those conditions of kellys double up. was that at kongs / moneytrees ledge where he took off??
stayed in that hut on the point that luke egans standing in front of. huts not there anymore
That video was playing all the time on the tv at bobbies camp that year.
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:14 pm

Ringmaster wrote:Filth footage.....

I've got the vid from back then......98, 99 whenever...Quick Pro, epic G Land.....10 second pits.......

Not as good as where TREV surfs though :mrgreen:
True. I'm not in Vicco. :wink:

BTW. BB looks like you're off the hook. He's after me now. 8)
Beanpole

Skipper

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:55 pm

97, with some very special commentary about the international year of the reef by a funny looking bloke.
occy; my board seems to get sucked back, tube wont let me out.
barton linch; doomas stole me wax
awesome mix of interviews with big tubes, nice editing by Tom Carroll
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

Chillin
charger

Post by Chillin » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:42 pm

Defo one of the best ever. My daughter works in a local surf shop and was charged with cleaning up the back room, she brought me home a pristine-never-been-hung shop poster of the 97 G'land pro, the one with the tiger on it. Its a glossy pic on a 1/4in thick cardboard. So stoked.
Your opinion is worth as much as it costs.