Vicco this weekend

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Squidlips
barnacle

Vicco this weekend

Post by Squidlips » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:27 pm

bit of juice around this weekend.

Im planning to hit Torq/ Juc on sat and take the video cam.

some of my buds are going to try and surf walkerville as its meant to be 8ft over gippy way.

any RS's heading out?

Grooter
Duke Status

Re: Vicco this weekend

Post by Grooter » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:56 pm

^^

First wave I ever caught was at Walkerville.

Definitely heading out, still tossing up whether to go on Saturday or Sunday. Winds look to be the deciding factor, they'll be offshore for me but may get too strong for Flinders.

Bound to be some decent crowds at Pt Leo, we haven't had a bit of swell like this in weeks and Torquay/Jan Juc etc... will be packed
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Just got back from 3ft Posso's.

Was going to head back there on Sat. but found out there is a longboard comp at Inners. That just pushes heaps more people to Outers and crowds it up. :(

Might try to find a sheltered beachie somewhere....

SDA
Grommet

Post by SDA » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:18 am

I'll be around Lorne both days. Haven't been there for ages.. hopefull there is enough swell coming around the point!?
Don't name spots on the internet!!!

AZ
regular

Post by AZ » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:35 am

Should be some small ones at Lorne on Saturday, especially early in the morning. More size for Sunday, but N/NW winds will suit other spots more.

Ringa and Hatchy, big new swell just starting to show on the buoys at the moment, so definitely worth getting an after work session in today. Swell is going to back off through Saturday but then Sunday morning is looking the goods (head to Flinders Hatchman). All next week is looking great too. Might even get some big clean beachies here on the Peninsula on Wednesday and Thursday.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:52 am

^^

Yeah the Cape Sorell buoy has jumped a lot in the last couple of hours, 4 metre bombs will be hitting Gunnamatta right about now and with a peak period of around 15 seconds means they'll be packing serious punch.

The only worry I have with Sunday is the winds, BOM is now saying 25 - 30 knot winds in the morning which is pretty strong although they will be NW which will suit it.

Westernport looks better for Saturday with the winds but I'd rather not be competing with 100 people by 08:00 for a 3 footer every 20 minutes at Pt Leo :)
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Squidlips
barnacle

Post by Squidlips » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:47 pm

forecast is good,

sunday morning looks the best at 7ft c/offshore.

sat morning should be a good warm up for sunday.

Im gutted tho, as every time decent swell hits Ive always just broken another part of my body the week before!!

Due to an injury I'll be bodyboarding, BUT with the full intention of grabbing some tube footage to post on here.

Im frothing to get out there!! :D :D :D

the hulkster
Grommet

Post by the hulkster » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:05 pm

Was hoping for a wave at Possos on Sunday. Hope the comp has finished.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:59 pm

Squidlips wrote: BUT with the full intention of grabbing some tube footage to post on here.

:D :D :D
Beg yours?
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:39 pm

the hulkster wrote:Was hoping for a wave at Possos on Sunday. Hope the comp has finished.
Pretty sure the comp is on Sunday too :evil:

just got back from Posso's. Overhead bombs smacking Inners but one big fcuk of a current to paddle against.

Saw maybe 2 guys at outers. Pretty good going just paddling out there.

My last wave I took all the way up the river to the little beach. :wink:

Squidlips
barnacle

Post by Squidlips » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:00 pm

steve shearer wrote:
Squidlips wrote: BUT with the full intention of grabbing some tube footage to post on here.
Beg yours?
Im mounting my go pro onto the body board - forward facing.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:33 am

Ringmaster wrote:Bonus 6 - 8 foot surf this arvo from 4.30pm till dark with 4 others.

Fcuken sketchy getting in on dark at high tide with white water smackin the cliffs..........
You are a classic Ringmaster.

See coastalwatch's line up of the day - Bells. Lookin good.

Doesn't really get that barrelly though down them parts aye. 8)

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:29 am

Don't waste your time in Westernport today.

Ended up there because my mate who's been out of the water for 5 weeks didn't want to go to Flinders and the 6 foot bombs that awaited.

Was lucky to get 3 footers, very little crowds though but overall not that great.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:33 pm

Ringmaster wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote:
Ringmaster wrote:Bonus 6 - 8 foot surf this arvo from 4.30pm till dark with 4 others.

Fcuken sketchy getting in on dark at high tide with white water smackin the cliffs..........
You are a classic Ringmaster.

See coastalwatch's line up of the day - Bells. Lookin good.

Doesn't really get that barrelly though down them parts aye. 8)

........and you're just starting to become a real boring fcuk knuckle these days Bwad :roll:

You calling bullshit from 1000 ks away after checking a website photo from the morning :?:

Surf was 5 foot in the morning yesterday down here and by late afternoon Bells and Winki had solid 8 foot sets coming up to high tide. It's back down to 4 - 5 foot today.

Go and do some proper research if you're motivated enough to be a smart crunt then come back when you know what you're talking about.................

Fcuken tosser :roll:
Mr Insecurity I was being genuine. CoastalWatch's Line Up Of The Day looked incredible!

Settle down man fcuk are you fragile or what......no-one's disputing your claims.

I'm just observing the "manner" in which you make them.

Trying to get you to self-actualise Ringmaster (flows right off the tongue that one).

Jesus Christ. :roll:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:39 pm

Squidlips wrote:
steve shearer wrote:
Beg yours?
I understand the technique Squid ....just questioning the basic premise : that you can get barrelled in Vicco.
But by all means lets see the results of your tubequest.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:32 pm

steve shearer wrote:
Squidlips wrote:
I understand the technique Squid ....just questioning the basic premise : that you can get barrelled in Vicco.
But by all means lets see the results of your tubequest.
Classic :D

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:18 pm

Ringmaster wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote:
Mr Insecurity I was being genuine. CoastalWatch's Line Up Of The Day looked incredible!

Settle down man fcuk are you fragile or what......no-one's disputing your claims.

I'm just observing the "manner" in which you make them.

Sorry Mr Delusional.

I'm not quite with you :?

What 'claim' did I make :?:

The 'manner' I described it in was basic English including a whopping 2 sentences. The size, the crowd and the fact that it was tricky getting in at high tide in the dark. If that's worthy of 'observation', you've gotta get out more.

You're as insecure as anyone on here with your constant bullshitting and crapping on other people on this site.

You've fully lost the plot pal. Go for a surf or something. Isn't it sposed to be good up your way today :?:

My fcuking overcompensating massively insecure needs to bignote.

Listen up pal......and I'm only gonna say it once;

I was actually commenting on what was said "behind" or "in between" your words.

You can't see you have a massive desire to impress. I'm sure you are a great guy , a great friend , a great surfer (well prob a bit of a kook actually but prob can do a few ok turns etc) , a great traveller , have a great job , are married to a great (with beer googles on ) chick (just a joke ringer (I'm sure she's rootable) and live in a great place in a great house.

Fcuk settle down. You are so easily baited. It's all cool , you had a great surf....it looked great on CoastalWatch....it was tricky coming in but you big men greatly handled it......it was great cause there were only 4 of you out....and it was great because you surfed for hours right up till dusk.

It's all great pal.

Chill. Have a beer. Yeah the surf up here was good but not as great as Vicco for sure today.

Relax..........that's it. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:48 am

Whats the story with the self-censorship Ringa ?