boards stolen.....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

boards stolen.....

Post by pridmore » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:07 pm

I have a mate who had 8 or 9 boards stolen from his garage last night so if anybody sees boards with ' shaped for Unit ' on them please let me know asap. Most were Diverse shapes and most had 'Sun Patch surf shop' logos on them but all had 'unit' written on the blank...Wetties and all other surfing stuff was also stolen...SCUM SCUM SCUM...would love to catch these pricks and just thought it is possible that they may try to folg them off at a hok shop or surf shop ( maybe Goldy or Sydney )...cheers

diggerdickson
barnacle

Re: boards stolen.....

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:25 pm

bastards, hope they get caught :evil:
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:47 pm

I'm willing to put money on that they won't get caught.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:25 am

the poor bloke didnt have a board to ride so he called in to the shop and I gave him one for a while...he is insured and I will be making him some newy's but the feeling of being robbed is horrible, especially when you have a young family and you are sleeping in the next room...can only imagine what I would do if you woke to find them in your home...real Scum IMO... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Jimi
Local

Post by Jimi » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:02 am

That sucks to hear. Fu@king wankers! Hope they turn up!!

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:39 pm

pridmore wrote:the poor bloke didnt have a board to ride so he called in to the shop and I gave him one for a while...he is insured and I will be making him some newy's but the feeling of being robbed is horrible, especially when you have a young family and you are sleeping in the next room...can only imagine what I would do if you woke to find them in your home...real Scum IMO... :evil: :evil: :evil:
good man pridmore, you have certainly gone up in my books mate.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:45 am

pridmore wrote:the feeling of being robbed is horrible,... real Scum IMO... :evil: :evil: :evil:
It changes one's whole attitude, that's for sure. Leaves an empty hole in the mindset all of a sudden. You look at people differently for awhile, not sure who did it you suspect all kinds of people, most of them, obviously, unjustly.
Sorry for his loss, good there's insurance to cushion the financial blow but the realisation that someone's preying on you, has possibly been planning and watching for days/weeks before striking is a mental gobsmack.

My yearly getaway down centro-america a month back I bought a used board there this time instead of the hassle and expense of bringing one with me. Worked a treat; i went out every morning for the early, hiding my key up in the porch rafters.
Eight days, no worries. All's well with life. Just like home, all the stories i'd heard lately of rampant theft due to the economic downturn was a bunch of hype.
Ninth day, my last, 6 am, out in the water, sold my board to another gringo.
Went in about nine to settle up and get ready to catch the bus. Perfect.
Went in to my room to get change for the guy who bought my board.
The money I had arranged neatly on the little table,to pay for the room, bus, food, departure tax, etc., etc., all well planned, gone.
Somebody had been watching me for days i reckon.
I'll never be that complacent again.

Can only dimly imagine the pain of those who suffer real, tragic, devastating loss: of loved ones, health, home, or the loss of innocence by rape or molestation.

Though TMC's probably on the money, hope they catch the bastards
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:18 am

Did you just compare a few boards being stolen to rape and molestation?
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:23 am

TMC wrote:Did you just compare a few boards being stolen to rape and molestation?
no
marauding mullet wrote:

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:48 am

I presume this happened at the Goldie Pridmore?

Unfortunately there's plenty of pawnbroker shops up there for the thieves to choose from and they could take just one board to each of those shops and not attract attention.

I share the sentiments of most of the other posters - scumbags :evil:

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:15 am

now i feel like punching you in the face a little bit, tmc....
marauding mullet wrote:

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:40 am

offshore1 wrote:now i feel like punching you in the face a little bit, tmc....
I think you might find that there is a queue offshore.

Line up behind Surfin turf, in an orderly fashion, brass knuckles to the right, baseball bats to the left. :lol:
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:32 am

Don't forget the rest of STANK olds... from memory aren't you a member? :lol:

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:36 am

^^^ :mrgreen:
maybe I wasn't as clear as I should have been. My point was that my loss was similar to Priddy's mate's. But, tmc, both of our losses, Priddy's mate's insured boards and my few hundred cash, are slight when compared to those who suffer real, overwhelmingly devastating injury.

still want the bastards to burn though.
marauding mullet wrote:

sandfly
Grommet

Post by sandfly » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:49 pm

Worse than the oss of any property is the feeling that someone has violated your home and might do so again.

After the one and only (I hope) home break I have had never slept soundly again for at least six months, everytime the house creaked at night you imagine it is some other turd breaking in.

And don't even start me on the treatment from the insurance company who try to make you feel like you robbed your own place!!

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:57 pm

^^^^ We had a break in on the queens birthday long weekend last year. My brother and I were both out for the night so there were no cars in the garage. Mum and Dad were asleep upstairs and the littlest brother was downnstairs. My brother had also left the door unlocked when he went out. Someone had walked in the front door, taken the tv and remote, dvd player, the cash from mum and dad's wallets from the table next to the front door (left them both $5 though), and also my brothers ipod which was on the same table.

We reckon it was one of the builders or labourers, as we had just finished building the house, and they would have known where the tv was, etc. The worst part was though that they only had a fourty five minute interval in which to do it between when my brother left and when I got home.

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:30 pm

I hate getting stuff ripped off. I obsess over the unpleasant things I would like to do to the perpetrators, all the while knowing I'll never, ever come across the scum and they'll just get away with it. :evil:

I know a couple of blokes in SA that put the word out, two weeks later sure enough the missing boards turned up in Crime Converter$. They just got the cops down there straight away and got 'em back. There was also some thieving scum doing over the Parson's / Waits carpark in the Xmas holidays in 2006 - and they got caught in broad daylight with a 4WD full of stolen boards. They were just pulling up alongside in a vacant carpark, drilling the lock out with a cordless and just chucking boards, clothing, CD's, wallets and mobile phones in through the open doors. Crude... but effective.

I guess I am saying sometimes stuff turns up, cops get lucky and find a big haul. Cross your fingers. :)

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:40 pm

if you're quick to report it you have a chance.