Best wetsuit you have had

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Re: Best wetsuit you have had

Post by Buff_Brad » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:57 pm

sg7890 wrote:Thanks heaps guys!! now whats the correct way to treat your wetty?
after surfing a always rinse it in fresh water and hang it up inside out inside out of the sun. is this wrong? what should i do different?
What you should do is get a huge black rubber d.ildo like Ringer's a few posts back and lube it up and insert the mother.fcuker........fcuk man;

Wash it ....obviously in fresh water. Hang it up ...... (not on narrow steel coathanger cause they fcuk mostly everything after a long while) ...... out of the sun. :roll:

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:51 am

wetsuit care ... washing machine ... rinse cycle ... gentle setting ... gives it a fresh water rinse and spins the water out so it drys faster (good for winter) ... hang out side , not direct sunlight ... keep away from dog's if you have any ... this will keep it in good condition ...

this method may also work for big black d!ldo's if your washing machine is big enough ... check with BB on what washing machine he has ... :idea:

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:07 am

Rockin' Ron wrote:and don't forget to dry your board too.
na just get the salt off

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:21 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:25 pm

Toby wrote: but I like to think hanging by the middle stresses it less. Even better would be draping it over one of my wife's old portable clothes racks.
yeah you're right- especially on a heavy suit like you said, the polypro lining on the psychos/psychofreaks/f-bombs/h-bombs will take on water- every other jersey lining shouldn't.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:07 pm

guard wrote:
Coops@DY wrote:I wish i had a springy or some kind of wettie in indo. I f'ucked up and just brought a pair of shorts. Got cut up to the bullshit. Bring a wettie to indo!
One palm right?
Everyone tells me its the most hardcore left in Indo...But it just looks soooo nice :?
Its intense. Real fast and super shallow. It just keeps barrelling. You can get the longest tubes out there but have to bail at some point when the wave just races too fast over the reef. They all were wearing steamers and gaths out there. So far away from help as well. I think i'll go other places next time. Glad i went, though. Got the longest, fastest white knuckle tubes of my life out there.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:21 am

I'm still torn between a Dawn patrol and a e bomb :?
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:04 pm

spoon if you've got the money to go up id definitely go up to the e-bomb, you'll thank yourself for it Every time u use it.. there are two e-bomb c/zips, the pro is like another 40 buck and has taped seams on the lower body (unlike O'N they need to stitch inside their tapes still :( o'n tape seams dick all over everyone else) but the non pro is gbs all over with tapes are the critical parts. the diff is gbs will start to get tiny pin-holes after 50-75 surfs, tapes will get pinholes after 100. gbs is much more flexi- its what all the pros use also.

robzig
Local

Post by robzig » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:30 pm

:|
Last edited by robzig on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moreorless
regular

Post by moreorless » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:48 pm

jammin wrote:Bought a west 3x2 steamer a month or so ago and it's great, the neoprene in the arms is so bloody flexible and doesnt hamper paddling much at all. It has often been a little too warm after a lengthy paddle out. Noticed the glued seams starting to pull apart last week (pretty much all over the suit) and a couple of 5mm holes appearing.
I've had problems with the seams on a West steamer as well, though that was after two seasons use, so I guess I shouldn't complain. The model I had also had a design flaw (seam from the small of the back to the butt panel) but I think they might have fixed that in their recent line.

I have an O'Neill springy and long-sleeve vest and they're both good so I think I'll be looking at getting an O'Neill steamer sometime soon.

As far as care goes, I rinse the suits off in fresh water after most sessions and store them on hangers.

mttyfive

Post by mttyfive » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:22 pm

Just bought my second oneill phsyco 2 .First one i bought was 4 years ago.Its taken me that long to save up for it :) Really good wettie , heaps flexible and warm.The only changes i could see was ; im now a medium whereas i first bought a large size. Im 6 ft and 80kgs and i could just fit into the small size too but i prefer to have a little bit of slack around the shoulders for paddling. Also i reckon stretching and pulling the batwing over ur head countless times will eventually cause it to tear as it did with my old one.But 4 years is pretty good seeing that i did use it most days during the week and wkends.The key pocket is on the outside of ur calf too and it seems stronger than the old nylon internal one and there seems to be more of the silicon seam weld inside and out of the suit.
Its interesting how diff. brand suits fit in diff ways for instance i found the rip curl e bomb to be to tight and prob suited to someone more wiry and the billabong had a lot of slack around the flanks of the mid section , it just depends on ur body type and the oneill seemed better suited to taller people with broader shoulders anyway really rate it, cheers

Haz
barnacle

Post by Haz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:03 pm

robzig wrote:
Im thinking either Hotline or Seventh wave. time for somebody else.
Mate the new Reflex from Hotline is awesome. The new seam taping is the best I have seen and makes the suit a lot lighter than the silicon crap. They last a lot longer than any other brand I have used period.
How much are they friggen payin ya?? You deserve a raise for all this promoting you've been doing :lol:

D_Jammer

Post by D_Jammer » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:59 pm

Just spent a few hours this arvo trying on the top of the range Xcell, Billabong, Quicksilver and Rip Curl.

My observations were that they Quicksilver & Xcell run slightly small, Billabong is slightly bigger and Rip Curl is in the middle, for a given size. All were top of the line suits with different features and gimmicks. Bong and cell had the furry lining and batwing pullover thingys.

I ended up settling for the Rip Curl E-bomb with the chest zip. I was tossing up between the billabong, 'Solar Cell' or some shit, and the E bomb, and I just found the stiching and gluing on the Bong to be a bit shitty for the $550 price tag. The Quik seemed to have fewer panels, therefore fewer seams with better quality construction. and it was flexier and therefore better fitting.

The Xcell and Billabong would definantly be the warmest from how much I was sweating getting in and out of the bloody things.

Picked it up at Surfection, gave me 20% off the Ebomb without even asking, noice. Now if we had some swell.....

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:34 pm

It's fcken disgusting how much I sweat when trying on wetsuits under those 5gigawatt downlights in the change rooms.

A mate of mine gave me a tip once: Try on all the wetties you want, but take the one you want to buy from the back of the rack.

Less chance of coming into contact with my manky pit juice...

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:35 pm

What's with this forum changing a perfectly acceptable 'f-c-k-e-n' into a 'stickinboggles'??!!!

aaronn
barnacle

Post by aaronn » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:16 am

robzig
Local

Post by robzig » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:55 am

Last edited by robzig on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robzig
Local

Post by robzig » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Last edited by robzig on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.