Quik Stock heading north.

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Re: Quik Stock heading north.

Post by Buff_Brad » Tue May 19, 2009 1:14 am

Dino reliving his jaded youth by quoting the Dead K's. How original. :roll: One hit wonder. Great hit though.

Moving along.

There's more pain to come. You'll get a chance to buy Quiksilver under $1.00 again I believe. After the Dead Cat pounces. ( nice to throw a bit of Pseuds in now and again)

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Tue May 19, 2009 8:49 am

^^^
C'mon buffles, a gunnie day trader like you should know the lingo.
or maybe not..........now you've moved to Carlingford and joined the happy clappers.

Shane Peel
regular

Post by Shane Peel » Tue May 19, 2009 1:16 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:Dino reliving his jaded youth by quoting the Dead K's. How original. :roll: One hit wonder. Great hit though.

Moving along.

There's more pain to come. You'll get a chance to buy Quiksilver under $1.00 again I believe. After the Dead Cat pounces. ( nice to throw a bit of Pseuds in now and again)
Maybe we should run the hat round the regulars and get a small fund and as soon as it gets under a buck we jump in I reckon it would be good at a buck fifty. I had a mate who grabbed 10 G's worth when it was under a dollar for some reason he's smiling a lot at the moment.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue May 19, 2009 1:50 pm

steve shearer wrote:Get one clean shot of yourself in a clean standup barrel and I'll cease and desist on the relentless attacks on your credibility.
Are you kidding me shearer. have you never heard of Photoshop.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue May 19, 2009 2:10 pm

Yeah but even a perennial barrel dodger like Peel has to get close to use PS.
Come on Peely, where's the shot.....give your rig to one of your highly paid employees and tell him to burn some frames.
Hell, he might even make you redundant.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue May 19, 2009 2:17 pm

So Peel, Shearer, Carroll,

approximately how far back do you gentlemen go (knowing each other that is) and is this friendly banter or narky asides.

Just trying to work out the 'voice' to read this stuff with.

Keep going, don't let me stop ya. :lol:
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Tue May 19, 2009 2:20 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:and oh yes, from the smh site this morning

http://business.smh.com.au/business/bil ... -b7uj.html

Billabong held their shares off trading from last Thursday in order to prepare this.
"The company said it would not participate in the heavy discounting of many of its competitors in the US".

Still...

I wonder if they will ease up on yanking accounts from Aus retailers selling below "recommended retail price". Time will tell...

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue May 19, 2009 3:44 pm

oldman wrote:So Peel, Shearer, Carroll,

approximately how far back do you gentlemen go (knowing each other that is) and is this friendly banter or narky asides.

I first met Peely and Shearer on the beach at Narrabeen during the 1997 HB/O&E Pro Junior.

It was raining at the time and it has continued to rain -- bullshit that is -- ever since.

I have seen a lot more of Peely over the years but Shearer is clearly at least as good as P and I at wasting valuable time doing fcuk all when we should be out there improving ourselves.

Shane Peel
regular

Post by Shane Peel » Tue May 19, 2009 4:08 pm

steve shearer wrote:Yeah but even a perennial barrel dodger like Peel has to get close to use PS.
Come on Peely, where's the shot.....give your rig to one of your highly paid employees and tell him to burn some frames.
Hell, he might even make you redundant.
Oh geez Sheep it was firing this morning and I tried to get Dave to shoot and he said "no, going surfing" I asked the deckie and he said "no, going surfing" I even asked one of the guests and he said you guessed it "no, going surfing" so despite the pressure to prove my credibility as a surfer I tucked the camera up under the dash and wait for it … went surfing.
God I feel like such a hoax, fake cutties, fake bottom turns, fake speed runs through the inside over pretty green fish and coral, fake foam bounces, hell I even threw down my famous fake reo and finished with a fake head shake to look-back.
At one stage the local cops came round and wanted to arrest me for impersonating a surfer by not getting a stand-up tube but I got off on lack of evidence. Did snap a couple of the waves though on the way home for lunch (fake fish curry). Enjoy, will try for the tube shot on the weekend when the swell is a bit more suited … hang on the phone is ringing "hello, yeah is that the photoshop guys" :D :D :D :D :D :D
PS. Don't burn frames anymore mate it all digi :D
Attachments
oF.jpg
oF.jpg (28.77 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
maxsl.jpg
maxsl.jpg (32.56 KiB) Viewed 2422 times

Shane Peel
regular

Post by Shane Peel » Tue May 19, 2009 4:15 pm

oldman wrote:So Peel, Shearer, Carroll,

We go back a while to the dark old ages when Sheep used to work for a surf magazine and NC was fresh back from the US and striding around Narra with an Akubra trying to reconnect to Oz :D A few years later I worked with NC on various filthy surf magazine projects and this past season in Hawaii watched him fondling new 8 foot AB's in a sexual manner waiting for Sunset to break. I have not heard much from Steve for a while but found him lurking on RS dishing out elegant words and gank weather calls so I jumped on … sorta like a gangbang really :D :D :D :D :D

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed May 20, 2009 6:27 am

Nick Carroll wrote:
It was raining at the time and it has continued to rain -- bullshit that is -- ever since.
Funny you should mention that NC...because Reign in Bullshitt is actually the title of Peelies biography.......yet to be written of course.
Were still waiting on the photoshop guru to be born who can make Peely look remotely near the barrel.

About everything else you were spot on...now do you remember who was in the Final?

Actually Peely and I go back to Bali 1989, when he had hitched his wagon to the runaway train that was Jeremy Byles and I was a greenhorn pissant from QLD uni...fcuk 20 years hey Peely......thats almost a marriage innit?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed May 20, 2009 9:42 am

Hmmm jeez Drew Courtney and Mick Lowe?

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed May 20, 2009 9:48 am

steve shearer wrote:.fcuk 20 years hey Peely......thats almost a marriage innit?
Or a sentence?
Nick Carroll wrote:but Shearer is clearly at least as good as P and I at wasting valuable time doing fcuk all when we should be out there improving ourselves
Self improvement unfortunately runs into the law of diminishing returns as you approach perfection. :wink: :lol:

And what could be more enlightening and self-improving than exposing yourself to the variety of opinions, the quirks and the foibles of the motley crew of the realsurf forums :?:
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed May 20, 2009 10:12 am

^^^ well according to Gwyneth Paltrow in last week's Sun-Herald, suffering is really good for you (and she'd know) ... so yep oldman I reckon you've got a point :wink:

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed May 20, 2009 10:15 am

Nick Carroll wrote:^^^ well according to Gwyneth Paltrow in last week's Sun-Herald, suffering is really good for you (and she'd know) ... so yep oldman I reckon you've got a point :wink:
Gwynneth, oh yeah, she would have done it real tough!

Must be a catholic to have attitudes like that.

Shane Peel
regular

Post by Shane Peel » Wed May 20, 2009 10:54 am

steve shearer wrote:
Nick Carroll wrote:
Funny you should mention that NC...because Reign in Bullshitt is actually the title of Peelies biography.......yet to be written of course.
Were still waiting on the photoshop guru to be born who can make Peely look remotely near the barrel.

About everything else you were spot on...now do you remember who was in the Final?

Actually Peely and I go back to Bali 1989, when he had hitched his wagon to the runaway train that was Jeremy Byles and I was a greenhorn pissant from QLD uni...fcuk 20 years hey Peely......thats almost a marriage innit?
Ah yes the biography I'm thinking $29.95 through Random House with a promo tour of the EC (if it's still there after all these 30 year storms) during a pre Xmas release, should generate enough coin to fund a few more years of tube avoiding :D

Pro Junior was Nick Wallace V Mick Lowe I think, with Nick snatching the thing in the last seconds with a all out slaughter of a hail - Mary left. I was on a boat in New Cal with Lowey a few years ago and he reckons it was one of the better ones.

Byles. Now there's a story worth telling! Byles pre substance moshing all the way from Asia to Europe to DESTROY the EPSA circuit, nail the best win loss ratio on Curren. The whole affair ends with a Kombi Van wedged between two walls during a police chase and the windscreen being kicked out for us to make our escape leaving a spaced out Kiwi asleep on the floor to take the heat. Saw Occy get sprayed in the face with mace while Jason Buttenshaw was heaving a moped through a shop window assisted by Branno and a few of the throw-back punks of the time. My fav image from the whole thing is one of JB standing resplendent clad in a leather jacket boardies and 12 hole Doc Martins with a trophy in one hand picking a head louse from behind his ear while three topless French teenagers look on all hoping they will be the subject of JB's attention that night. 20 years goes like a fire storm in the Vico countryside.
And still no stand-up tube image :shock:

Shane Peel
regular

Post by Shane Peel » Wed May 20, 2009 11:04 am

oldman wrote:
steve shearer wrote:.fcuk 20 years hey Peely......thats almost a marriage innit?
Or a sentence?
Nick Carroll wrote:but Shearer is clearly at least as good as P and I at wasting valuable time doing fcuk all when we should be out there improving ourselves
Self improvement unfortunately runs into the law of diminishing returns as you approach perfection. :wink: :lol:

And what could be more enlightening and self-improving than exposing yourself to the variety of opinions, the quirks and the foibles of the motley crew of the realsurf forums :?:
Hey Oldman,
The truth of the matter is that RS is sorta like a giant big carpark at a virtual beach and it's probably the best collection of regular Australian surfers that exists online. All of you know there is nothing better than talking shit in the carpark post surf session. Surfers love to connect with other surfers and share the stoke and despite all the front and weirdness on RS that seems to me that's what's happening here.
For dirty old writers like Shearer, NC and recently myself it's a way to get to people the mags have never ever really been able to and feel the vibe of what the Aussie surf community (even though it's a small bit of it) is thinking about everything from the weather to sex. Pretty good fun cause there are some fricken twisted units floating around here :D

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed May 20, 2009 11:07 am

Sorry ....jeez both the biggest boffins in mag history and still no cigar....the final was Drew Courtney and Kieren Perrow.(courtney won).
An anti-climax after the Wallace/Lowe quarter.

Had a good Bylesy encounter the other day.......he's got the lease on the old Sky shop on Shirley St....selling second hand boards and clothing....saw him standing out the front the other day, on crutches in a leather jacket after a slight "accident". Putting the heat on passing backpackers,
Still the sickest puppy going around.