Quik Stock heading north.

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Shane Peel
regular

Quik Stock heading north.

Post by Shane Peel » Sun May 17, 2009 1:08 pm

Hey Guys,
Looks like the Quik stock is heading upward … maybe the sheets thing worked. Any calls on where it's gonna go? Should we buy in? Is it cause Kelly is lagging on the tour and the "Young Guns" have got the kiddies keen again. Has there been a spike in summer sales? Commence the slinging and defending :D :D :D :D

thermalben
charger

Re: Quik Stock heading north.

Post by thermalben » Sun May 17, 2009 2:21 pm

First up - I'm certainly not a stock market kinda guy in any which way. But at a quick glance of the NYSE:ZQK figures, it doesn't look like that much of an upwards trend to me. Quiksilver's 52 week low was $0.80 (Nov 2008), and since that time the share price has surged above $2.00 on four seperate occasions (twice in January, and twice in May). After January's peak of $2.31, the share price dropped back to $0.92 in March. So, I'd be hesitant to expect the current trend to hold course. Anyone out there who knows this stuff really well care to add their thoughts?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sun May 17, 2009 7:39 pm

Quiksilver's stock is predicated mostly on US market expectations of retail sales.

Since in the USA, sentiment is in favour of a weak but clearly detectable recovery in late 2009, and Quik has not lost any more ground on its debt, then its stock should continue to creep slowly up -- as long as market sentiment remains in favour of said recovery.

The only reasons that analysts might now tip investors against Quik is if a) they lost some mega ground with retail clients or b) the outlook in the USA soured again.

So buy if you feel neither of those things are likely to occur.

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Sun May 17, 2009 8:04 pm

dead cat bounce but better outside 2 yrs and certainly sooner if competiton goes belly up.

Shane Peel
regular

Post by Shane Peel » Sun May 17, 2009 11:56 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:Quiksilver's stock is predicated mostly on US market expectations of retail sales.

Since in the USA, sentiment is in favour of a weak but clearly detectable recovery in late 2009, and Quik has not lost any more ground on its debt, then its stock should continue to creep slowly up -- as long as market sentiment remains in favour of said recovery.

The only reasons that analysts might now tip investors against Quik is if a) they lost some mega ground with retail clients or b) the outlook in the USA soured again.

So buy if you feel neither of those things are likely to occur.
But what about KS NC he can save the world right? I was hoping that the RS boys would fire up and get the pitchforks and flaming torches out :D :D :D I reckon buy! Hell it's a much safer tip than some of the swell calls that have been floating around this joint. The EC is having the biggest swell in history right now right? :D :D :D :D
I wanna believe Quik will be back bigger and badder than ever and I can see hope just like the hope in the swell charts Come on Huey!!!!
PS. Should not be on here drunk should I … Sheep, Dino rip some strips I'm bored.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon May 18, 2009 5:28 am

Alright.
Your a hopeless fcuking charlatan Peel......and I'll never forget you barrel dodging that set wave at Old Woman Island.

You owning any Brewer guns is a crime and you should donate them to charity immediately.

Now back to the guests....oh thats right ..you've got little brown slaves..oops I mean employees for that haven't you.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Shane Peel
regular

Post by Shane Peel » Mon May 18, 2009 1:26 pm

steve shearer wrote:Alright.
Your a hopeless fcuking charlatan Peel......and I'll never forget you barrel dodging that set wave at Old Woman Island.

You owning any Brewer guns is a crime and you should donate them to charity immediately.

Now back to the guests....oh thats right ..you've got little brown slaves..oops I mean employees for that haven't you.
No I meant re Quik but to address those points.
Old Woman's hardly a barrell mate.
I'll cop it on the Brewer it's still un-ridden in waves of consequence.
Staff here are paid at over three times the national average in some cases 10 times, are full insured, have full medical for them and their families, get their taxes paid, get flown in and out for the regular breaks they don't have to be given, get full uniforms that includes wet weather gear, surf attire, eyewear, they live in accom better than their own homes, eat 5 star food free, have Sat TV, dvd players, free access to the internet, spring matresses, mossie nets, get to ride the boards here … and free beer once a week. It's the most sought after gig for local surfers up here.
Our barman (20 year old who started with us at 15) now owns three separate businesses in the region and the combined income from them is nearly 40000 USD. Our fuel supply guy invested his earnings into a fish hatchery and has just started a JV with the gov worth 300,000 USD. Our drinks lady was smart as well and has just built the family a BRAND new 2 story home with running water and solar electricity. The ground handling agent who looks after our guests on the dirt in Padang has a Gold rated credit card and spends weekends in Singapore shopping. Our Chef has purchased a rice field and a bunch of cattle and his empire is worth 20-30K and still growing. Don't believe the stories about everyone exploiting labour up here, if your business is legal and registered you just can't do it. Slaves indeed.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon May 18, 2009 1:57 pm

Shane Peel wrote:But what about KS NC he can save the world right?
Yeah right, he can't even save himself.

Quik's share price has fcuk all to do with its street cred and everything to do with continued medium term growth.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon May 18, 2009 2:00 pm

and oh yes, from the smh site this morning

http://business.smh.com.au/business/bil ... -b7uj.html

Billabong held their shares off trading from last Thursday in order to prepare this.

Shane Peel
regular

Post by Shane Peel » Mon May 18, 2009 4:10 pm

steve shearer wrote:Alright.

Hey Sheeba,
While I was wasting time on RS this morning the bloody slaves came back with this … 19KG's wet.
Attachments
GT.jpg
GT.jpg (69.58 KiB) Viewed 3738 times

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon May 18, 2009 4:50 pm

Shane there's absolutely no reflected glory from you shamelessly using local knowledge to get some clueless punter in on a GT......jeez there shit eating at that size anyway.

That what I both like and detest about you Peely....you have absolutely no shame do you.
You'd suck the chrome off a tow ball if it meant furthering your base ambitions.

Shane Peel
regular

Post by Shane Peel » Mon May 18, 2009 5:02 pm

steve shearer wrote:Shane there's absolutely no reflected glory from you shamelessly using local knowledge to get some clueless punter in on a GT......jeez there shit eating at that size anyway.

That what I both like and detest about you Peely....you have absolutely no shame do you.
You'd suck the chrome off a tow ball if it meant furthering your base ambitions.
Geez that trigger finger Sheep!
The clueless punter is actually the guide and he speared the fish free-diving, and if you think they are shit eating at that size bro you should ask Gerry the chef for his green curry recipe that big fella is gonna feed all of us and the staff tonight, go well with the Coranation Trout sashimi and fresh veggies from the garden … you know organic egg plant, tomatoes etc grow like mad in black rainforest dirt, did I mention the coconut cream made from fresh coconuts … if that's the taste of chrome I'm going for seconds. But that's later looks like our new swell is starting to show and there is nobody surfing the left gotta go avoid a few tubes!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Shane Peel
regular

Post by Shane Peel » Mon May 18, 2009 5:39 pm

loofy wrote:
Shane Peel wrote:
steve shearer wrote:Shane there's absolutely no reflected glory from you shamelessly using local knowledge to get some clueless punter in on a GT......jeez there shit eating at that size anyway.

Geez that trigger finger Sheep!
The clueless punter is actually the guide and he speared the fish free-diving, and if you think they are shit eating at that size bro you should ask Gerry the chef for his green curry recipe that big fella is gonna feed all of us and the staff tonight, go well with the Coranation Trout sashimi and fresh veggies from the garden … you know organic egg plant, tomatoes etc grow like mad in black rainforest dirt, did I mention the coconut cream made from fresh coconuts … if that's the taste of chrome I'm going for seconds. But that's later looks like our new swell is starting to show and there is nobody surfing the left gotta go avoid a few tubes!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You Faaaarkin nice one, I read your post about the same time I receieved my new wage slip, 30% paycut from the last one, talk about rubbing it in! What different worlds we live in right now.

:lol: :lol:
Hey Loofy,
We all make our decisions and only time tells if they are good or bad. I have spent most of my adult life picking up tiny pay slips or none at all (you should see what a surf photog earns it's a joke) and the grass is always greener on the other side, I was just having a jab at old Sheep cause I know he's a mad keen fisho. Mate when it's 1 in the morning and your covered in grease and trying to get a genset to run on fuel that was supposed to be diesel but is actually kero and sump oil, or when you are knee deep in shit draining a blocked septic tank, or when you are cooped up during a week of rain and wind the other world seems like paradise. It's all out there mate you just have to make the decision what you wanna aim for. Nothing was ever given to me mate it's all self generated. 30% paycut is a biggie but at least you have a job.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon May 18, 2009 5:41 pm

Alright Peely this getting boring for the punters (not that that has ever been an impediment for you).

Ok....here's the deal:

Get one clean shot of yourself in a clean standup barrel and I'll cease and desist on the relentless attacks on your credibility.

Shane Peel
regular

Post by Shane Peel » Mon May 18, 2009 6:01 pm

steve shearer wrote:Alright Peely this getting boring for the punters (not that that has ever been an impediment for you).

Ok....here's the deal:

Get one clean shot of yourself in a clean standup barrel and I'll cease and desist on the relentless attacks on your credibility.
Yeah no worries mate will give it a shot on this next swell. Lets be clear here I don't claim to be the super tube riding, swell predicting, aloha inventing,environment saving, design knowing, righteous soul surfer … I just do it cause it's fun and I like taking pictures of it and no-one's questioning my credibility in the field of fun are they? If punters want to be bored surely they can jump onto SN and read some of those Gank reports that sound like some geek from the met watched point break while he was downloading his fake degree in forecasting. Don't mind the attacks mate it makes my flat spells interesting. :D :D :D

Shane Peel
regular

Post by Shane Peel » Mon May 18, 2009 6:02 pm

steve shearer wrote:Alright Peely this getting boring for the punters (not that that has ever been an impediment for you).

Ok....here's the deal:

PS. Your gonna buy Quik stock right???

Shane Peel
regular

Post by Shane Peel » Mon May 18, 2009 10:13 pm

dinosaur wrote:
Shane Peel wrote:Mate when it's 1 in the morning and your covered in grease and trying to get a genset to run on fuel that was supposed to be diesel but is actually kero and sump oil, or when you are knee deep in shit draining a blocked septic tank, or when you are cooped up during a week of rain and wind the other world seems like paradise.

In other words

So you been to school
For a year or two
And you know youve seen it all
In daddys car
Thinkin youll go far
Back east your type dont crawl

Play ethnicky jazz
To parade your snazz
On your five grand stereo
Braggin that you know
How (I'm a goose) feel cold
And the slums got so much soul

Its time to taste what you most fear
Right guard will not help you here
Brace yourself, my dear

Its a holiday in cambodia
Its tough, kid, but its life
Its a holiday in cambodia
Dont forget to pack a wife

Youre a star-belly sneech
You suck like a leach
You want everyone to act like you
Kiss **** while you bitch
So you can get rich
But your boss gets richer off you

Well youll work harder
With a gun in your back
For a bowl of rice a day
Slave for soldiers
Till you starve
Then your head is skewered on a stake

Now you can go where people are one
Now you can go where they get things done
What you need, my son.

Is a holiday in cambodia
Where people dress in black
A holiday in cambodia
Where youll kiss **** or crack

Pol pot, pol pot, pol pot, pol pot, etc.

And its a holiday in cambodia
Where youll do what youre told
A holiday in cambodia
Where the slums got so much soul
Dino and DK's what a combo whooooooooo! :D :D New swell tomorrow stay posted!!!!

eMpowered
Local

Post by eMpowered » Tue May 19, 2009 12:49 am

I asked this question in the middle of a previous Realsurf battle. Quik was $0.82 at the time!!!!

I was ready to pounce, I even sent a text to NC's Younger Brother, But none of you said much (Except continuallly righting off each other).

As I said before, It will hold cause of the name. It's not a World Bank, It's a Surfing Company. And a big one at that........Think about that for a minute.............

And then think about the success of the Quicky Pro on the Goldy this year.

Banks and the likes that have gone down in this "Global Recession" Are run by Ecomomists. Quik is still majority run by surfers (Even if some of them are brilliant Economists).

So should we buy in?

No