Vicco this weekend

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

AZ
regular

Re: Vicco this weekend

Post by AZ » Sun May 17, 2009 9:45 am

Ha, no sign of Harry. Might check the dunes for wrecked Chinese submarines today.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Sun May 17, 2009 10:35 am

Pt Leo this morning was a modest 3 foot, occasional 4 -5ft out the back at second reef but a dropping tide so died off pretty quick.

No wind, conditions were clean, but some of the bastards were so fat they broke a lot later than I thought they would.

Maybe I should've gone to Flinders but my lungs are fcuked from after 3 weeks of enduring the pollution and indulging in too many shisha's in India :? Plus going from 45+ degrees every day to a nice cold Victorian morning meant I was struggling and cramping up a bit as well.

Still it's good to be back in the water after 5 weeks 8)
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sun May 17, 2009 1:56 pm

SAsurfa wrote:All good Don, just shoot us a PM when ya here from your mate as I would be interested to know what size the points get to and at what time of the day and weekend.
My mate said they were skunked, so it looks like you were right SA. Although they did get some head high sets at May's (Sat morning), but they were expecting more. I see the SN South Arm report for Saturday was quoting 8ft+??

My mate reckons all reports from the Wedge was where the action was yesterday.

Oh and Alex, that pier shot looks sic.

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Sun May 17, 2009 6:11 pm

Donweather wrote:My mate said they were skunked, so it looks like you were right SA. Although they did get some head high sets at May's (Sat morning), but they were expecting more. I see the SN South Arm report for Saturday was quoting 8ft+??
Feel sorry for your mates, with that much swell energy but just missing out on an epic day along the points. When I woke up Saturday morning and read the South Arm report I thought I was up for a bit of embarrassment regarding the forecast and comments on here :oops: Then I looked at a few more reports and it seems that I was around the mark :? Can't explain that one sorry :P

Just find it rewarding that after looking at the storm tract and all the other data available that I was faily accurate in that the points really didn't get going. It was hard to dismiss it when all the models are glowing purple at you, hell even white! But yeah ya win some and you loose some :wink:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun May 17, 2009 6:18 pm

SAsurfa wrote:
Just find it rewarding that after looking at the storm tract
Hey Craig....haven't you got a bloody PhD.

It's a storm TRACK.

Now where's the bloody photo evidence.

Looked like a storm swell to me.
(but I'm severely biased against Vicco because you play Aussie rules.)
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Sun May 17, 2009 6:31 pm

Haha, not quite a PhD :P

And yeah you're right track is probably a better word to use. But i'm sure i've seen the word tract when referring to storms :idea: ..

i.e.
Westerly storm tract??

No? Yes?

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun May 17, 2009 6:46 pm

negatory soldier.

section of land or a short written work.

so, the photos.......
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sun May 17, 2009 8:07 pm

SAsurfa wrote:But yeah ya win some and you loose some :wink:
Bit like us up here last week in the Sly groundswell hoax.

Meanwhile, looking into this week and I don't think there's any hoax happening on our shores come Wed-Fri (and beyond). Just gonna have to play around the weather stations and wait for that wind to swing offshore along the SC.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon May 18, 2009 8:39 am

^^^^^

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stayed in a B&B in Lavers Hill a few years ago, owner showed me his collection of guns built specially for Johanna when it is going off it's nuts. Would take some serious balls to take on that place at that size as it would be so friggin heavy as well.

Don't think I'll ever dare take that place on myself, must've been an awesome sight though heading down that road on a day like that.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon May 18, 2009 7:45 pm

Hey SA (Craig) I see that you're now doing the Sydney and Sth NSW SN forecasts. Has Ben moved onto bigger and better things within SN now?

thermalben
charger

Post by thermalben » Mon May 18, 2009 9:16 pm

haha.. moved on to bigger and better things? No, I've just got a couple of hectic weeks coming up, and I figured there couldn't possibly be a better time to throw Craig in the deep end of the Sydney forecasting pool, than with a developing East Coast Low.

combatwombat
Grommet

Post by combatwombat » Mon May 18, 2009 11:19 pm

surfed blacknose on the sat was bullshit, how do i post pics?

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue May 19, 2009 8:28 am

thermalben wrote:I figured there couldn't possibly be a better time to throw Craig in the deep end of the Sydney forecasting pool, than with a developing East Coast Low.
You bastard Ben!!! I seem to recall something very similar for my first week or so of forecasting for SN too??

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Tue May 19, 2009 10:14 am

Haha, spewing Don, unfortunately this swell event doesn't look too flash until probably Tuesday next week, when winds swing from an onshore, possibly to the NNW/NW. So in the meantime we'll just have to wait it out and maybe get a small splash at the novelty breaks when the real size comes, before waiting for a favourable shift in winds early next week..