Somewhere nobody knows about

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

SDC
regular

Somewhere nobody knows about

Post by SDC » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:15 pm

I wouldn't mind wanting some of these waves.

http://www.swellnet.com.au/flicks.php?movie_id=115

Go Normo
Last edited by SDC on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Re: bollocks

Post by Revolution » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:38 pm

Nice waves wanto.
Last edited by Revolution on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nosedrip

Re: Somewhere nobody knows about

Post by nosedrip » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:39 am

OK - it's hardly Sydney's best kept secret - but I think it is a dumbass idea to post a thread on this forum with the name of the spot, some decent footage and a statement that says "I'd like to surf there". Maybe there's a reason why Swellnet doesn't name the spot

At least change the title of the thread
Last edited by nosedrip on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:43 am

Last edited by wanto on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

RickyG
Snowy McAllister

Post by RickyG » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:40 am

Reminds me of the patch

At that speed it's a good study in late take-offs and foot/body transitioning too
andy2476 wrote:
Ricky gets my vote. I hate undercover tards.

nosedrip

Post by nosedrip » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:19 am

Hey Revo and Wanto - you may want to edit your post as the original title of the thread is showing in your subject header. (Fcuk knows why I care - I don't even surf there - still - seems like the right thing to do)

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:21 am

nosedrip wrote:Hey Revo and Wanto - you may want to edit your post as the original title of the thread is showing in your subject header.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:24 am

nosedrip wrote:Hey Revo and Wanto - you may want to edit your post as the original title of the thread is showing in your subject header. (Fcuk knows why I care - I don't even surf there - still - seems like the right thing to do)

Duuuuhhhhh! :?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:24 am

nosedrip wrote:OK - it's hardly Sydney's best kept secret - but I think it is a dumbass idea to post a thread on this forum with the name of the spot, some decent footage and a statement that says "I'd like to surf there". Maybe there's a reason why Swellnet doesn't name the spot

At least change the title of the thread
I think naming spots on the internet is just plain crazy.I surf anywhere within a 2 hour drive of Sydney on a regular basis and the last thing I would want ,if i'm going back there tomorrow, is an extra (add your own number) odd bodies in the water.
Just by telling a mate" spot x was going off yesterday" would be enough to increase the numbers(he'll tell his mates etc) as surfers are like sheep(me included at times).If you can take the hard work out of "where to surf tomorrow" you'll do it.
I know the internet is full of web cams, pics, surf reports and most surf spots can get crowded anyway, but there is nothing like broadcasting "spot x is going off in a ENE swell" to get the masses out there.
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:54 am

well I'm all for shutting the hell up about places ... even regular beachies ... but "best kept secret" ... :lol: :lol:

anyway's , nice shootin' there wanto ... love those sort of 'straight-in' take-off's ...

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:40 pm

Lovely stuff wanton! I knew you are a quality rider but you made some difficult drops look very easy there, sign of an accomplished tube man.

I used to surf up there a bit and was never tempted to ride there, partly due to the difficulty of the wave and partly due to the crowd of boogers.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:47 pm

Very far from a secret spot, but as Dino pointed out "fully attended".
Nice tube-riding.
Where was the other famous local ?
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

infectious
regular

Post by infectious » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:13 pm

Is that little avalon? Im pretty sure ive seen that wave just right of the first traffic lights north of the bilgola bends on barrenjoey road? Little avalon has always been the spot in the north of sydney that i would most like to surf, but noone knows where it is. Who wants to come and surf little avalon with me over the next few days? Ill borrow a mini bus and then ill be able to take about 15 extras from the manly area to little avalon. Bodyboarders prefered. It will be a rollicking good time and im sure the locals will be more than happy to accommodate us whilst surfing at little avalon. Show your expressions of interest for surfing at this amazing looking, but largely unknown break in the north of sydney, little avalon, on this thread.
"I wanna be on you"

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:49 pm

nosedrip wrote:OK - it's hardly Sydney's best kept secret - but I think it is a dumbass idea to post a thread on this forum with the name of the spot, some decent footage and a statement that says "I'd like to surf there". Maybe there's a reason why Swellnet doesn't name the spot
are you serious :?:

mannnn.....it's a little pretentious for swellnet put up a vid of a well known sydney wave AND EXPECT it be kept a secret :roll:

like...really....think about it :idea:

nice waves anyway

only surfer doing em justice was that cram kid....everyone else had bad styles...wrong foot forward :P
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?