Death threats on the North Shore

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

roy Stewart
regular

Death threats on the North Shore

Post by roy Stewart » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:29 am

Yes they are real, as another reliable source confirmed this morning

http://olosurfer-woodensurfboardsatpipe ... uture.html

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Re: Death threats on the North Shore

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:29 am

Looks pretty bullet-proof, Roy, I wouldn’t worry. The marketing machine slowed down?

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:21 am

ric_vidal wrote:Looks pretty bullet-proof, Roy, I wouldn’t worry. The marketing machine slowed down?
US Coast Guard regs for ships require navigation lights and safety equipment.
:lol:

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:57 am

Why hasnt someone on the northern beaches taken that kind of initiative?

Trumpeter

Post by Trumpeter » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:20 pm

did you make that surfboard roy?

that must be a very hard thing to do out of wood?

does it stay afloat ok?
Surfboards are our passion at Global Surf Industries.
Global Surf Industries has a company mantra "Life is better when you surf®".

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:43 pm

shameless.JPG

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:17 pm

ric_vidal wrote:Looks pretty bullet-proof, Roy, I wouldn’t worry. The marketing machine slowed down?
Yeah the guy who had the board locked it away for three months due to the death threats, even though Garrett McNamara was wanting to ride it. He wouldn't let it out until the season was over.

All of which means we are on the right track, so we'll send more boards over :D

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:31 pm

Surfin Turf wrote:
shameless.JPG
I think it needs a flush button.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:37 pm

As much as I love the look of Roys boards I'd hate to see one of them out while I'm in the surf - especially when the rider loses it on a closeout and it comes flying through the white-wash obliterating all in its path!

Then again maybe the Hawaiians are just taking umbrage (there's that word again) to some kilt wearing, lentil munching hippie from Noo Zuland that's making a profit off a significant icon from their cultural heritage

A Mr Green for you Roy :mrgreen:
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:54 pm

Hey Hatchman, after riding that shape for 10 years in everything that the pacific could produce, and in very crowded city breaks I have to say that losing control is not an issue.. . . the board is very easy to control. I wouldn't lose my board more than once in half a dozen sessions at the most.

My friend ( ex enemy ) Eric Burggraaf told me that he and the crew used to leave the water and go and sit in their cars waiting for what they thought would be the inevitable carnage when I paddled out ( no leash ) but they were disappointed because as he said " you hardly ever fall off '

The crew at my local have no problem with my boards or surfing from a saftey point of view. It is necessary to surf conservatively though.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:43 pm

roy Stewart wrote:All of which means we are on the right track, so we'll send more boards over :D
What the bloody hell are they concerned about? Is it the wetsuit, it is isn’t it?

Maybe it’s your choice (bro) of timber that’s upsetting them?

What ya like at weaving, Roy? Believe some of them use woven bamboo, no not the fancy schmancy glass you tried, the stuff that looks like you should line a hut. Or should that be Hutt? :D

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:09 pm

roy Stewart wrote:Hey Hatchman, after riding that shape for 10 years in everything that the pacific could produce, and in very crowded city breaks I have to say that losing control is not an issue.. . . the board is very easy to control. I wouldn't lose my board more than once in half a dozen sessions at the most.

My friend ( ex enemy ) Eric Burggraaf told me that he and the crew used to leave the water and go and sit in their cars waiting for what they thought would be the inevitable carnage when I paddled out ( no leash ) but they were disappointed because as he said " you hardly ever fall off '

The crew at my local have no problem with my boards or surfing from a saftey point of view. It is necessary to surf conservatively though.

Not wanting to pander to your ego, Roy but maybe their concern relates to others into whose hands these thing smight fall if they catch on. :roll: And I would suggest that only one wipe out in half a dozen sessions would be enough to cause considerable damage in even a semi crowded line up. :twisted:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

RichQ
regular

Post by RichQ » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:15 pm

Sounds like your board is "Beached as" on the North Shore..

Aww , thuts SHUT, Bro!

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:46 pm

TrevG wrote:
Not wanting to pander to your ego, Roy but maybe their concern relates to others into whose hands these thing smight fall if they catch on. :roll:
I see, "concerned beach users threaten to murder surf magazine editor for harbouring a wooden longboard"

Yeah right ! :roll: You got the wrong end of the stick there, boy, and what a wanker trying to defend mafia death threats.

And I would suggest that only one wipe out in half a dozen sessions would be enough to cause considerable damage in even a semi crowded line up. :twisted:
Yeah well you would know wouldn't you, having first hand experience on the subject of my surfboards :roll:

Get this: In 15 years of riding those big boards in crowded lineups I have never caused an injury to anyone, except one to myself.

We know what is going down, you don't.

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:48 pm

RichQ wrote:Sounds like your board is "Beached as" on the North Shore..

Aww , thuts SHUT, Bro!
Yeah definitely beached as bro, and can't chew either bro, fun broke off.

. 8)

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:51 pm

ric_vidal wrote:
roy Stewart wrote:All of which means we are on the right track, so we'll send more boards over :D
What the bloody hell are they concerned about? Is it the wetsuit, it is isn’t it?

Maybe it’s your choice (bro) of timber that’s upsetting them?

What ya like at weaving, Roy? Believe some of them use woven bamboo, no not the fancy schmancy glass you tried, the stuff that looks like you should line a hut. Or should that be Hutt? :D
They don't want a mana leak, as the dollars dry up when the mana does.

They also enjoy exercising their power via their mafia connections, it makes them feel good.

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:55 pm

dinosaur wrote:Maybe the death threats are just a natural reaction for anyone unfortunate to be in the surf the same time one of these timber Man o War's is paddled out.
Good point. . . murdering people for having possession of a big wooden board is totally understandable bro, it's culturally insensitive to suggest otherwise :roll:

You totally miss the point: It's an industry goon with a fat wallet and a grudge dialling the mob, to protect financial interests.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:03 pm

roy Stewart wrote:
dinosaur wrote:Maybe the death threats are just a natural reaction for anyone unfortunate to be in the surf the same time one of these timber Man o War's is paddled out.
Good point. . . murdering people for having possession of a big wooden board is totally understandable bro, it's culturally insensitive to suggest otherwise :roll:

You totally miss the point: It's an industry goon with a fat wallet and a grudge dialling the mob, to protect financial interests.
So why don't you and some of the "bros" go over there and sort him out.
Geez............what a wanker.
wally's a wanker? No. Roy's a rogerer. :lol:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.