Ummm, maybe (pics)

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Butts

Ummm, maybe (pics)

Post by Butts » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:23 pm

Loading pics seems to be working, a little different but it works. :shock: :?
Don't like how it "shrinks" then you have to click on it. :evil:
Maybe I'm doing something wrong :shock: :? :? :!: :mrgreen:

Finally managed to get out for a swim, has been soooooooooooo long. My legs and body knew it. :oops:
Nothing special, should have done better, need bit of time to get back into the swing of things. :cry:
Sat-029.jpg
Sat-103.jpg
Sat-115.jpg
Sat-158.jpg
Sat-197.jpg
Sat-211.jpg
Sat-042.jpg
All these drawings about dinosaurs… Why can’t we have photos?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Ummm, maybe (pics)

Post by Trev » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:36 pm

I'll just try this.....
The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 90 KiB
Nup.
Try # 2
Friday
DSCF1388 (Small).jpg
And again...
DSCF1390 (Small).jpg
Around the corner........
DSCF1401 (Small).jpg
DSCF1404 (Small).jpg
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:07 pm

shiiiiit butts, with shots like #2, i wish i had come!!!
haha that sucks.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:32 pm

Yep. It's a pain in th arse. I'll only do it occasionaly.
Can't see any reason why photobucket can't be acceptable. I reckon someone behind the scenes only has to tick a box somewhere.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Ned
Grommet

Post by Ned » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:35 pm

Agree with the comments on posting pic's...it needs to be easier.
....this morning - same spot as you Butts.
Sth Narra.jpg

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:13 am

You're too harsh on yourself Butts, those shots look great.

Like that one of yours too Ned, double barrell.

nosedrip

Post by nosedrip » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:02 pm

Some pretty good images there - #1 through to #5 are all mag worthy if you ask me. Knowing that stretch you probably took a few on the head as well.

Gotta love #4 - everyone scrambling to get over / through - while the water photog goes "this might make a good image...." ha ha....

Thanks

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:11 pm

Number 5 is my pick
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:16 pm

Some beauties in there Butts but they do look like a fair few shutdowns out there.

Ned, that double barrel is a freak of a photo. Virtually identical.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Innerview
regular

Post by Innerview » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:25 pm

salty wrote:
guard wrote:I didnt even bother adjustingthe size of my pics and they uploaded..
I just changed the existing file on a cd into Jpeg files and uploaded into attachments...
Unless I strickly adhere to the guidlines I get knocked back... and sometimes even when the file-size is under 60Kb.

My beef is that when I take a shitload of photos I've got to cull them, sort them, crop them, resize them (for my own use), then Photoshop them. That in itself is extremely time consuming... it's not hard to snap off 300 photos when the surf's pumping. Then, to post them on RS, I have to go in and re-size them all again. So, for each photo I've got the original RAW, a Photoshopped JPG, a re-sized JPG, and a Realsurf JPG. :roll:

Hopefully this will cull the happy snappers that want to upload 100+ average to shithouse looking photos. I know most would rather look at a dozen quality Butts style photo`s than scanning though that sort of junk. Its not hard to do really, just get in the water, in the zone, let a few bombs land on your head and your half way there, teach yourself a few easy photoshop tricks and hey presto = Butts style quality frames you`ll be proud to show off. Think about it.... comeback and show us what you`ve done. Should be easy. :lol:

As for uploading the photo`s, its easy , just a little tightarsed by RS HQ, but what do you expect when the site is free.

End.

Nice photo`s by the way, Buttboy. You`d better start sucking big lungs of air, if you`re going to the same spot for the next couple of days. Swell should be smack down there this week.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:05 pm

Some of us are just as interested in the subject matter as the quality of foto Marcus, some of us can appreciate yours and butts' and who ever elses craft, but I'm also sure that theres people like me who whilst they can appreciate your fine photographic eye, also just like to see shit loads of photos of surf...

I keep hearing apologies for all the crap going on on this forum and the excuses continue, but I can't understand the reason or need for the change from what it was and why this style of forum can't work seamlessly as it does on so many other forums I visit regularly.

I'm happy to hear it out if there is a valid excuse for all this malarky, but frankly the silence is deafening, which makes me think that 'they' just don't care, which then makes me think, 'why f*ck around with it in the first place??'
Very confusing and needlessly frustrating...

Here's a theory: perhaps The realsurf team have changed the set up along with the T's and C's of realsurf, perhaps they plan on making it so that if they host the images they have rights to the images? facebook style... I'd like to say I'd doubt it, but yeah well, it may be a hairbrain crazy concept, but then again so is launching a mess of a forum that has caused more harm than good, tis all just a bit strange and confusing.

At the end of the day, yeah its free, and its Dons baby so he can do as he bloody well pleases, but at the end of the day it also seems to be getting punters off side, which could turn out to be reckless if some of those punters have connections with potential or current advertisers, direct or indirect...

Anyway, enough whining, I like to see fotos full stop, the more the merrier...

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:31 pm

Good set iButts. I checked the point in the am that day, turned around and went back to sleep. Then surfed onshore southy. Lifes awesome!
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:35 am

^^^

What the fcuk is this?? RealPhotoExperts or RealSurf :?

Just post them, lots of them and do it often, as I like looking at them (good and sh.it) at work as it takes me away to a better place than this godforsaken cube farm.

FFS who cares?!?!?!?!?!
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:37 am

salty wrote:I think there's really only been one or two occasions where (I won't name who) someone's posted, litterally, a hundred shots of extremely low quality...
Let's see, start's with a vor, ends with a tex. Can't quite remember. Or is Iggy right, was it bb sicne....

I'd certainly like to see a lot more photos from quite a few contributors. Sure I don't want to see out of focus and repetitive shots, but will appreciate most of what is put up here, and will be mesmerised by the better ones.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:51 am

Doesn't matter what pics they are-they all look like crap when the max size is 450pix and less than 90kbs in size.Everyone may as well go back to using 1mp cameras or mobile phone cams! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

Innerview
regular

Post by Innerview » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:56 pm

iggy wrote:^^Nige... i think innerview may have been referring more to Booger Sicne 1988 or something or other's posts of over 100 photos of poor quality and extreme file size which would cause the page to take forever to open and suck up half your monthly download quota...
that sort of thing doesn't happen anymore, and hasn't for a long time...
I dont know which one of youse farkers it was but some crunt used to post up 30 - 40 half sh1thouse looking frames way oversize that took too farken long to load up it just turned me oooff looking at em.
Salted one, youre frames are lookin choice as, keep it up.

I dont surf on here half as much as use regs but good phots are always better. Gotta keep sum sorta quality control ehh.

I thinks I`ll suck anufer cone done ehh. :lol: