5ft Swell for Vicco on Sat

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Squidlips
barnacle

5ft Swell for Vicco on Sat

Post by Squidlips » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:56 pm

At last......

Some decent bumps on there way for Saturday arvo, with possibilities of straight offshores.

Who's going out, and where ya heading?

Me probably Torquay point, as I need to blow the dust off the board.

Squids

Grooter
Duke Status

Re: 5ft Swell for Vicco on Sat

Post by Grooter » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:04 pm

My Saturday is full up unfortunately so I'm going for the early on Sunday.

6 foot W/SW swell so it's going to limit surfing from Flinders to Portsea (admitedly it's a decent 50km stretch of coastline anyway :D)

BOM is predicting light southerlies at the sparrows fart so I was planning on checking out Flinders first and catching some nice 4 footers before the wind gets up.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

AZ
regular

Post by AZ » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:19 pm

Swell looks like arriving pretty late Saturday, but should be some solid ones on the M.Peninsula before dark. I'll be searching for something on the beachies at high tide. Early Sunday does look like an outside chance for light winds and a solid peak in the swell, so could be good. Flinders is probably worth a check Hatchman. Phillip Island could be a good option too to be further ahead of the wind change...

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:58 pm

shame it doesn't barrell
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

Wingnut
regular

Post by Wingnut » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:01 pm

I'm predict beaches on Saturday morning & reefs for Sunday morning at best.

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:10 pm

:lol: :lol:

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:15 pm

Ringmaster wrote:
TMC wrote:shame it doesn't barrell
.....because if it did, you'd be down here pulling in on the Fat Bat wouldn't ya :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You probabaly wouldn't bother anyway would you. I mean I jet setting surfing superstar such as yourself could hardly get excited over 5 ft vicco.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:34 pm

might hit up gunnamatta early sat then back to melb in the arvo for the beer festival :D

Haz
barnacle

Post by Haz » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:33 pm

Gunna in the morning, Big left in the afternoon :D gonna be a good day!

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Ringmaster wrote:
TMC wrote:shame it doesn't barrell
.....because if it did, you'd be down here pulling in on the Fat Bat wouldn't ya :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

TMC owned!!
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Squidlips
barnacle

Post by Squidlips » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:03 pm

Bahh !! Where the f**K was it????!!!

Biggest set was 2ft !!

It best come for the Sunday dawny I have planned !!

Haz
barnacle

Post by Haz » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:42 pm

Hmmmm, 4-6 foot Rye back beach morning + 3 foot Big Left arvo...

That WAS a good day surfing!

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:41 am

Squidlips wrote:Bahh !! Where the f**K was it????!!!

Biggest set was 2ft !!

It best come for the Sunday dawny I have planned !!
surf coast didnt get any of it, but went down to woolami and got some very nice 4-5ft ers. wind wasn't too strong either, great day.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:27 am

^^^

Apparently Gunnamatta was pumping yesterday as well. The swell was aimed directly at the Mornington Peninsula and Phillip Island so that was to be expected.

Was going to surf Big Left this morning but got chatting to a bloke in the carpark and he reckoned Cyrils would've been better on the hightide. Decided to go there with him, been years since I have, and fark me did I forget about the rocks at the place :shock: Lucky the board fared okay but the soles of my feet got punished, booties next time for sure.

The wind held off too, although it was still a bit choppy and lumpy but there were rides to be had although I didn't get much (arvo pi.ss up and BBQ yesterday wouldn't have helped 8))

AZ
regular

Post by AZ » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:17 am

Inconsistent 3-5ft most of the day up at the Portsea end of the Peninsula. Pushed up towards 6-8ft just before dark, but a massive rip made life difficult. Pretty good day overall - but the crowds were insane. Hopefully all the summer surfers have now had their fill and will disappear!

5-6ft+ this morning but with the southerly wind kicking in it's not looking overly flash.

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:39 pm

I hereby use my first post priviliges to claim 5 ft BARRELS at Warrnambool on Saturday, mid-morning.

Absolute crap this morning tho...

romak50
regular

Post by romak50 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:22 pm

anyone know the name of the lefthander right down at the end of Sorento beach? had it smokin at 4-5 ft yesterday with one other yesterday (and there were barrels to be had...) im a sydneysider by trade so not sure of its name, and im guessin its not a secret spot.

AZ
regular

Post by AZ » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:10 am

That reef at Sorrento is called Sharkies. Usually looks better than it is and doesn't get surfed that much. It was probably a good spot to be on Saturday to avoid the crowds. I'm assuming you mean the left past the big rock out to the left of the main beach.......