5ft Swell for Vicco on Sat

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Grooter
Duke Status

Re: 5ft Swell for Vicco on Sat

Post by Grooter » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:31 pm

Ringmaster wrote:On the same day I was grovelling in 2 foot beachies on the so called 'Surf Coast' on the Vicco West coast :(

West/South West swells just march straight past us.
The "Surf Coast" tag is always a bit of a laugh for us over this side of the bay mate :)

W/SW, SW, S, SE we can surf them all!
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:47 am

I only live half an hour from Gunna mate.

But yeah I would much rather live around that part of the world (Lavers Hill will do nicely) if I had the $$$$.

Although a nice hobby farm in Flinders would be good but they're going for millions now so no chance in this lifetime.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Squidlips
barnacle

Post by Squidlips » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:15 pm

Camp spot on the ocean side.

Park up at Koonya bay carpark.
go down to beach and walk left. walk up stairs over the headland and continue until you hit the next bay. climb down cliff (5 metres) to the private beach and secluded bay.

Tip, on a high spring tide camp on the grass, not the sand.

Squidlips
barnacle

Post by Squidlips » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:20 pm

I wear my 4x3mm for most of the year.

The way I see it, if theres PENGUINS in the water then its time to don some titanium coated, glued, and taped neoprene.

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:47 pm

so it appears another fun day of waves is coming around tomorrow. where are you gonna be at?

either woolies or gunna for me prob.

mr vic
regular

Post by mr vic » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:39 pm

where did all these vicco surfers come from?!

i havent been online in a few months, used to only be Ringmaster and Hatchman being the main victorians posting here!

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:42 pm

So a Bells wave walks into the pub...

The barman asks: Why the long face?

:lol:

*scuttles away*

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:27 pm

Animal_Chin wrote:So a Bells wave walks into the pub...

The barman asks: Why the long face?

*scuttles away*

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:31 am

mr vic wrote:where did all these vicco surfers come from?!

i havent been online in a few months, used to only be Ringmaster and Hatchman being the main victorians posting here!
Well normally we're happy to just sit back and smirk at all the whining about crowded beach breaks, water temps around 20 degrees being cold and several of them being digested by Noahs :D

But things around here have been slow of late and my local is getting rather crowded on the weekend mornings at the moment too :x

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:35 am

jaytee wrote:so it appears another fun day of waves is coming around tomorrow. where are you gonna be at?

either woolies or gunna for me prob.
Saturday is out for me and Sunday looks to be the best bet.

Bit dicey to know where to go yet though so I'll be relying on the weather stations and swell buoys before heading out.

My regular surfing buddies are heading over Ringas way on Sunday, the more the merrier I reckon as apparently it is going to be quite good :wink:

mr vic
regular

Post by mr vic » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:59 pm

by the way hatchman, do you really go all year in a 3/2? im thinking of giving it a crack next winter if i get a good 3/2.... but you never get cold in it?

well unfortunately as im sure your aware, the penninsula is the closest spot to many of the hordes of weekend warriors we have in vicco. Ringmasters neck of the woods suffers from that pretty bad too. But the crowds always start to drop off after easter when all the summer surfers decide that its getting cold again, so dont worry, you will get your local back.

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:40 pm

[quote="mr vic"]by the way hatchman, do you really go all year in a 3/2? im thinking of giving it a crack next winter if i get a good 3/2.... but you never get cold in it?

quote]

i've got a rc e-bomb 3/2, has an added hood if i really need it, when the water gets below 14C i throw on the booties but apart from that the 3/2 keeps me warm enough for 3 hour sessions unless im sittin around for ages and the wind is pretty strong. prob still more comfortable in a 4/3.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:29 pm

mr vic wrote:by the way hatchman, do you really go all year in a 3/2? im thinking of giving it a crack next winter if i get a good 3/2.... but you never get cold in it?

well unfortunately as im sure your aware, the penninsula is the closest spot to many of the hordes of weekend warriors we have in vicco. Ringmasters neck of the woods suffers from that pretty bad too. But the crowds always start to drop off after easter when all the summer surfers decide that its getting cold again, so dont worry, you will get your local back.
Yeah mate all year round. I resort to booties and a hood in the middle of winter when the water is at its coldest. I've got a pretty good Rip Curl steamer, it's got a Batwing and the hood attaches to it as well. It's a few years old now but it is still yet to leak or come undone - paid a fair bit for it though.

I've always been good with cold conditions so I guess that helps.