Where to live.... On the Sunshine Coast. Noosa or Moffat's?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

eMpowered
Local

Re: Where to live

Post by eMpowered » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:46 pm

What's the Goldy like?

Is there still not much work in the Byron District?

Just how fickle is Noosa and the Sunshine Coast?

Much work in Yamba area?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:58 pm

eMpowered wrote:What's the Goldy like?Oh so crowded :twisted:

Is there still not much work in the Byron District? Depends what you're selling

Just how fickle is Noosa and the Sunshine Coast? Sshhh! Terribly fickle. 8)

Much work in Yamba area? Mark might like someone to sweep his factory floor - or look after the place while he's away - hang on - I could do that :idea:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:27 pm

work ? depends what you wanna do but not alot goin on here really...feel free to PM me and let me know what you want to do and I may know someone and can hook you up ????.... 8) also can give you plenty of info on the Sunny Coast....

eMpowered
Local

Post by eMpowered » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:33 pm

Thanks Trev, Mark.

Looks like we will be moving to Sunshine Coast within the next 2 months, So......

Noosa or Moffat's/Caloundra.

Marooch seems a bit to compacted.

Narrowing it down now. Where to live on the Sunny Coast.

Work, Surf, Good People. Good suburbs to bring up kid's?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:44 pm

its all pretty good, people are generally good and friendly, plenty of work and the waves are underatted ( sorry guys but its true and you know it ), you can find plenty of good waves if you know where to look and prepared to make a bit of effort....all the best up there and if you need to ask any specific questions mate, just PM, glad to help if I can.... 8)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:12 pm

eMpowered wrote:Thanks Trev, Mark.

Looks like we will be moving to Sunshine Coast within the next 2 months, So......

Noosa or Moffat's/Caloundra.

Marooch seems a bit to compacted.

Narrowing it down now. Where to live on the Sunny Coast.

Work, Surf, Good People. Good suburbs to bring up kid's?
Still got my phone number, M?
PM me if you want.
You're right about Maroochydore.
The south end might be a bit cheaper to get into although Digger or Fong might have some advice on their end.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

eMpowered
Local

Re: Where to live.... On the Sunshine Coast. Noosa or Moffat's?

Post by eMpowered » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:24 pm

Thank's Trev, Will give you a call over the next few days.

We will rent first.

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:14 pm

Yeah wouldnt goto Alex/Mdore....waaaay too crowded and we...whoops I mean they couldnt possibly fit one more! :wink: :lol:

If I had to pick Moffats or Noosa i would probably choose Noosa. But then regret it at the first sign of a big easterly swell

GregL
Grommet

Post by GregL » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Well if it was me I would be looking around the Dicky Beach area. Always somewhere to get a wave (Ann St., Currumundi, Moffs). Prices were getting quite high when I was last there though.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:57 pm

I would pick Moffs coz there is a big variety of waves down that way and the Noosa crowds are rediculous...and if you really wanna surf Noosa its not too far to drive....plus you could surf with Trev, he is sick of surfing alone anyway..... :roll: ..Noosa is a magic wave but way too many people there to really enjoy the place in my opinion...real scene....the other end of the Coast still has some great spots....and more affordable too.... 8)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:05 pm

pridmore wrote:I would pick Moffs coz there is a big variety of waves down that way and the Noosa crowds are rediculous...and if you really wanna surf Noosa its not too far to drive....plus you could surf with Trev, he is sick of surfing alone anyway..... :roll: ..Noosa is a magic wave but way too many people there to really enjoy the place in my opinion...real scene....the other end of the Coast still has some great spots....and more affordable too.... 8)
And there's that very secret spot I'm not allowed to even allude to. :wink:
Beanpole

Skipper

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:47 pm

apparently sunny coast is the 2nd most expensive area to live in Australia relative to the average wage of said area.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:20 pm

Currimundi to Kawana (east side of Nicklin Way). Most undervalued beachfront real esate in SE Qld I reckon....by a long shot.

And once Stockland build their new beachside development just near my favourite SC beachie, including Surf Life Saving Club, Cafes, Restaurants, boardwalks and beach houses, she's only gonna improve the value of the surrounding residents.

Actually made an offer on a house just across the road from the above about this time last year. Offer fell through, although kinda glad now as I'd be out of job at the moment up there if we did move. Still hope to get myself and said family up there one day....sooner rather than later.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:09 pm

mate I love the community that I live in, great people and all that stuff, great surf, fairly uncrowded in my area. the only trouble is Coolum is a bit expensive, I could never afford to buy here. Im renting and look like I always will at this stage, but for the lifestyle and what it gives my kids i just dont care
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

eMpowered
Local

Post by eMpowered » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:27 pm

Thank's guy's.

O.k then,

Would where you live up there make much of a difference to your work opportunities?

Do most people commute back down to Brisbane?

Work is the only thing concerning me still. Other than that can't wait to get up there.

btw, still can't decide which end. Ive surfed Noosa alot, And have alway's been able to get waves, so that doesnt bother me. But once spent a new years eve at Dickies Beach, Could not believe the amount of fun all the kid's were having. And not many idiot's, Was such a great scene and has stayed in my mind. Reminded me of Australia when I was a kid.

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

the wurtulla/curr/ strip is the best in my opinion, you've got relatively quick access to bullshit reefs, ledges and points 20/30 mins north and south and an epic beachy just out front, all the while avoiding the shit storm of mooloolaba/noosa and not having to be exposed to the complete and utter douchebogans from residing in caloundra.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

There are a lot of people commute to Brisbane from the southern end of the Sunny Coast.
I go down quite bit to help out at my mate's tyre shops and the traffic is OK most days, depending on where you are going. I stay off the Gateway Arterial Road even if crossing Brisbane. Only have a consistent problem on the way home on a Friday afternoon but that should improve once they open the road works they are currently doing from Caboolture south to Burpengary.
re you comments about Dicky Beach, I was just sitting on Moffat headland on Monday with my daughter and we agreed the Caloundra area (and Moffat in particular) is one of the most beautiful spots on the Australian coastline.
Beanpole

Skipper

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:36 pm

iggy wrote: yep...think of caloundra like being a seaside version of penriff, but about 30 years behind, where anyone who is or isn't a local is looking to punch on, pregnant teens, eight earrings in each ear, white trash extravaganza
I've been here for 2 years solid now Iggs and the only places I've seen any concentrations of the types you are describing are around Maroochydore/ M'ba - and Noosa (sorry Fong :) )
Joke about it all you like but.............
In reality, much more family oriented around here.
Beanpole

Skipper