bullied by a girl

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

spotty
Local

bullied by a girl

Post by spotty » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:46 pm

I went out for a surf this morning at my local spot...the flags were up in a difficult spot ...it was packed to the rafters etc...
So i decided to hassle a bit...
I may have dropped in on one or 2 clowns...i think i even snaked one or 2 people...
But i did so without emitting a nasty vibe or raising my voice...
In short...I was just having a slightly busier Sunday morning surf than usual.
I was sitting on the edge of the buffer zone to the flags...i could not sit a foot deeper or i would piss off the lifeguards...
Suddenly a guy appears on my inside as a nice set approaches...
I figured i would stroke into the wave and play it by ear... i dropped down...looked over my shoulder and saw the guy was right behind me...so i cut off and paddled back out...
Five minutes later...another set approaches (a pretty small crappy one) same dude is back on my inside...and i cant believe he is going to bother...so i dropped in...
THe guy blows up...yells f--- off or whatever...i cut straight off,
I am paddling back out when this girl says to me "that was uncalled for"
I agreed...i said yeah he inside paddled me twice...
She says "no... you...you have been dropping in on everyone...and you snaked me etc.."
I said "yeah you are right...i have been a bit over the top...but i am just trying to get my share...I looked inside and i saw a guy i have never seen before paddling for a wave...how do i know if he can surf...or if he will pull back at the last moment"
I went on to say that although i was perhaps behaving like a c--- i have surfed this same spot for more than 30 years and have never seen either of them in the water...so it takes time for me to do the maths and decide if they deserve a wave...
The girl called me a dick-head and told me that they have lived here for ages...
I told her she was out of line calling me any name...and again...i dont want to use the local clause...but i said i just dont know you guys.
Another 5 mins later the guy paddles out (to my inside) I apologise for dropping in and tell him the same story...i have never seen your face...i dont doubt that you surf here a bit...but i just dont remember ever seeing you...
Any thoughts?
"Surfing is 90% mental, the other half is physical."

"Stay happy and everything will be perfectly alright"... Jack Norris.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: bullied by a girl

Post by Trev » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:59 pm

Oh Boy!
We've been here before.
You're never gonna win this one mate.
Having said that, I sympathise with you.

Just stay out of my way............ :lol:

Kunho5
Grommet

Post by Kunho5 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:38 pm

I dont get into a discussion. Everyone gets the same answer from me whether they are right or wrong.

" Sorry mate didn't see you " then I paddle off.

Plenty go round I reckon. :wink:

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:54 pm

Last time someone dropped in on me i confronted him he tried to pull some local bullshit i laughed and told him to fuck himself and kept surfing never to be hassled by him again.

IMO there is only a handful of breaks (especially on the northern beaches) where 'im a local' can MAYBE cut it. Depending on the situation aswell. But pretty much ill laugh in your face if you try pull some lame arse excuse out like that on me.

My 2 cents.

Felix
Local

Post by Felix » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:57 pm

Gotta agree. If they're a dickhead just get inside of them and run 'em over, and then apologise.

Of course, doesn't work all the time. Sometimes you've gotta man-up and inflict a beating or get one yourself ... other times, it may be better to just move up the beach if you can.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:29 pm

Ask Dino , he's a local. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:54 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:Ask Dino , he's a local. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wasnt that funny....

Carpark King
regular

Post by Carpark King » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:28 pm

I think having a little bit of a tiff in the surf is inevitable for everyone..

I remember a guy who I had never seen before drop in on me wave after wave, when I questioned him he completely blew up at me saying I snaked everyone by simply paddling out in the rip at the wedge. He reckons after paddling out in the rip next to the rocks I should then proceed to paddle 200 down the line up and wait my turn.

I was by no way snaking anyone or being pushy, I waited until everyone had gotten there wave before I started paddling for anything.

Anyways the anger, aggression and abuse I copped from this guy was amazing!

I love humans.

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:06 am

It's 4.45am and the first swell of the New Year on January the 2nd.
I'm sitting in the box seat at the Boiling Pot at Noosa.
Guy jumps off the rocks and paddles over and a set comes through.
In his rush to get it he almost paddles into me and I'm paddling out to let him have it. I'll get the next one.
But he's gone that close to me he's stuck his arm through my leggie and since I'm paddling an 8'er and he's on a shortboard he's bungeed to me.
He proceeds to rant about "Mal riding Brisso's" and so on as it's my fault.
Tempted to argue but it's 4.45am (barely light as it's overcast). I'm no Brisso, ride all lengths and kinds of boards and since we're in a National Park unless he's a Koala he's overplayed the local card.
So I keep quiet. A short while later I score a great one and get hoots from those inside all the way through on it.
No one hoots any of this guys waves.
Good on you hooters.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

shish
regular

Post by shish » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:35 am

Spotty, how would you have felt if this guy decided not to bother paddling inside and just dropped in on you instead ? i think the girl was justified in having a go at you. People like you are a pain in the arse when its crowded. Your 30 year claim is irrellavant on a crowded beachbreak. Nice of you not to yell or give a bad vibe when dropping in or snaking. You sound like your old enough to know better.
yeehaa!

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:11 am

shish wrote:Spotty, how would you have felt if this guy decided not to bother paddling inside and just dropped in on you instead ? i think the girl was justified in having a go at you. People like you are a pain in the arse when its crowded. Your 30 year claim is irrellavant on a crowded beachbreak. Nice of you not to yell or give a bad vibe when dropping in or snaking. You sound like your old enough to know better.

ill add to that, you are straight out WA.N.K.E.R. who the fark do u think u r to snake and drop in, then cant take a bit of your own medicine?

as for dropping in without emitting a nasty vibe :lol: are you serious, you would have had most of the lineup thinkin what you were eventually called...a dickhead..not to mention most of em quietly fuming...

do u ever surf anywhere else or just your local? cause you got the attitude of an uneducated peanut that has never travelled anywhere to surf and think cause you live five minutes from the beach you got a mortgage on it. go read the shit you wrote again and think about your actions...let me guess....your thinkin'what i do wrong'..

i cant stand fu.cktards like you in the lineup. and i really hope one day you leave the trailer park to surf elsewhere and you get shown the same 'respect' from the local knobwrench .....preferably gettin burnt on a shallow reef break :lol:

now cmon, turn all e warrior and abuse me and justify your deplorable actions :idea:

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:16 am

I'm glad my hooters innuendo was duly picked up on.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:56 am

g_u_m_b_y wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote:Ask Dino , he's a local. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wasnt that funny....
You had to be there bumby.

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 am

spotty wrote:I went out for a surf this morning at my local spot...the flags were up in a difficult spot ...it was packed to the rafters etc...
So i decided to hassle a bit...
I may have dropped in on one or 2 clowns...i think i even snaked one or 2 people...
But i did so without emitting a nasty vibe or raising my voice...
Any thoughts?
A number, all based on you being a deadset wanker.
Shelly beach as your local #1, for 30 years #2, dropped in #3, snaked #4.
Even Nth Shelly is a better local or if you really want to strut your stuff try being a local at the Zone or Forries, after thirty years you should know better!
Get out of the water now!!!!
Go between the flags and let the red and yellow ones watch your floating ego.
brendo wrote:
shish wrote:Spotty, how would you have felt if this guy decided not to bother paddling inside and just dropped in on you instead ? i think the girl was justified in having a go at you. People like you are a pain in the arse when its crowded. Your 30 year claim is irrellavant on a crowded beachbreak. Nice of you not to yell or give a bad vibe when dropping in or snaking. You sound like your old enough to know better.

ill add to that, you are straight out WA.N.K.E.R. who the fark do u think u r to snake and drop in, then cant take a bit of your own medicine?

as for dropping in without emitting a nasty vibe :lol: are you serious, you would have had most of the lineup thinkin what you were eventually called...a dickhead..not to mention most of em quietly fuming...

do u ever surf anywhere else or just your local? go read the shit you wrote again and think about your actions...let me guess....your thinkin'what i do wrong'..
and the crowd roars agreement!!!!!
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Thomo

Post by Thomo » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:39 am

She's right - your a dickhead

rabbity7
regular

Post by rabbity7 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:58 am

I can't be bothered reading all the inbetween chatter but in short...I hope you get run over next time your surfing. Attitudes like that aren't on.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:26 am

Thomo wrote:She's right - your a dickhead
Well well Thomo before you start slagging off others ......... learn some basic grammar - it's more effective.

ie eg...... Buff_Brad's right , Thomo "YOU'RE" (not your) a fcuking idiot.

See how easy it is?

Hi Toes , how goes it?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:41 am

spotty c'mon don't bait everyone

surfing for 30 years at a certain beach and you have to drop in on and snake people near the flags to get waves?

re being bullied by a girl, you're not married are you.