game to surf dawn and dusk in sydney?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Deesee
barnacle

Re: game to surf dawn and dusk in sydney?

Post by Deesee » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:49 pm

lessormore wrote:Here's a suggestion-how about getting a pic of a great white on the bottom of your board( as they are the top of the food chain-nothing gonna fcuk with them) done in 3d material that kids footy cards are made of-you know the ones that appear like they are moving when you change look at it from a different angle.The shark might think twice before attacking one of it's own.
Plus that would be such a cool graphic..
If it feels good, do it.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:50 pm

puurri wrote: Is that the Hoff's brother?
With my best Ringmaster voice - "Well I'll take that as a compliment to be compared to the Hoff" :lol:

Got a great story about the Hoff actually an ex girlfriend actually "hoovered the Hoff". Maybe another time. Oh Dinio wonta a lika that a ....... BB big-noting himself again. Can just see the prehistoric rage build up in him as he reads and reacts thinking how the fcuk can I nail Buff_Brad once and for all? He's had such a great life compared to boring ol' me. Arrrhhhhh it shits me so......blah blah.

mondo
Grommet

Post by mondo » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:01 pm

this bloke's about to have some fun at bondi

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/g ... -3,00.html

i also hear that shark numbers rise with offshore winds and south swells - it happens due to the smooth surfaces conditions combined with the warmer sea temps due of southerly currents - you'd best be avoiding bondi on such occasions. particularly this weekend 8)

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:21 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:
chrisb wrote:
RickyG wrote:OK first of all - Leave Miranda outta this!!! :lol:

Just been listening to James V on 702, had an interesting discussion re prevention measures, the main one being 'eyes' on the bottom of the board. The guy who came up with this ran it by Valerie Taylor only to find she'd experimented with it back in the late 60s (apparently with some success).
That would be consistent with the earlier comment that great white sharks prefer an "ambush attack" (ie. a surprise attack from behind, like Buff Brad :lol: ). However if the potential victim is watching them .........
Chrisbie cock breath I prefer my victims to be watching as I approach.

How bout you? :twisted:
Cockbreath? How did you know that I was a rooster? Yes, I love mounting those hens from behind :twisted:

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:26 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:41 pm

philw wrote:yeah right nick. cute little fella.

fancy a swim?
Dude if you surf and swim regularly off Sydney's beaches, you've probably been that close to a shark a few times without knowing it.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:02 pm

Fong just got in from second surf at Bondage and there were helicopters everywhere. :shock:

I reckon that's what attracting them .... the noise.... those rotor blades ...... like Pavlov's dogs they hear the commotion as the commercial TV channels vie for attention for their crappy news segments.

Hey just watching the ABC news ...... my Costello predictions are coming true. 8)

Have a great weekend Realsurfers......you too Dino.

Chong
regular

Post by Chong » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:45 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:ust got in from second surf at Bondage and there were helicopters everywhere
I went for a quick paddle at Bronte after work - the choppers were fcuking hectic the CH 9 one especially.

It really felt like that they were trying to get footage of someone getting chomped. Does anyone know what the protocol is for news choppers? Do they have to let you know that a bitey is swimming towards you? Or can they just kick back and hope that you get attacked so they can get the pulitzer prize winning footage?

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:49 pm

dinosaur wrote: Pulitzer prize was.
what the hell does a dog show have do with this :?

great breed the old Pulitzer :idea:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:01 am

Chong wrote:Does anyone know what the protocol is for news choppers? Do they have to let you know that a bitey is swimming towards you? Or can they just kick back and hope that you get attacked so they can get the pulitzer prize winning footage?
There is a front page photo in yesterday's Daily Telecrap of a surfer unknowingly paddling towards a shark - I don't know if they warned him either.

Not sure about Australia but in the USA they have "good samaritan" legislation that compels you to help someone in distress provided that you are not exposing yourself to unreasonable danger.

An episode of Seinfeld highlighted this to good effect: Seinfeld's cronies witnessed a woman being assaulted on the street. Rather than rescue her they got out their cameras and videotaped it - they were sued for not assisting.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:17 am

the chopter did a very slow low pass along the nthn beaches again this morning ... 7.15 ... they nearly came to a stop above where me and little bro were which left us wondering if they had seen something or were just checking up on us ... :?: :? :|

again this is good that someone gives a toss but we'd been surfing an hour from the murky dawn before they came by anyway ...

I heard a brief interview on ABC radio yesterday with the guys who do the fix wing shark spotting and they claimed on sightings shark numbers on sydney beaches were 'up 16%' ... but there was no clarification on what the base number was and how long the sighting numbers were being recorded ...

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:41 am

Surfin Turf wrote:

again this is good that someone gives a toss but we'd been surfing an hour from the murky dawn before they came by anyway ... ..
Wow! Shit you guys are so fcuking brave. Fcuk! Wow!!! Surfing early in the morning. Far out. Mate I just can't get over how gutsy that is? I'm gobsmacked. What a legend!

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:51 am

^^^^

I surf at dawn everyday, have you never read my posts before ... what's your point ... :?:

have you not been to sleep yet nutjob ... :idea:

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:45 pm

dinosaur wrote:hey go easy surf'n'turf. Bubbles rides a sailboard. A little respect okay.
Yeah surfin you're the only one that braves it out there in the dark each and every morning. :roll:

And Din Din ......... USED to ride a sailboard ....actually well better not say......identity could be revealed. But at least (for want of repeating myself) I don't ride a mal NOW.

Respect brah ha ha.

See you on the dancefloor tonight Toesy? Oh shit that's right I'm not going this year. Hmmmm maybe I will go if Din Din promises to meet me there. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

lineup
Grommet

Post by lineup » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:58 pm

Get a Shark Shield Surf. Then you can surf day/night anywhere. :idea: :D
http://www.bigislandsurfco.com.au/produ ... cts_id=196

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:38 pm

dinosaur wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote: See you on the dancefloor tonight Toesy? Oh shit that's right I'm not going this year.
How come? Are they checking white blood cell counts at the door?
Very funny fcukface. :twisted:

I'll still be here to hand your arse to you on a platter everytime Sorearse.....every-fcuking-time. Now off to a party. See ya Toes........I'll try and find a nice drag-queen for ya. One that won't go "that" easy on you "local". Fcuk what a joke.....that's so funny .....Dino doesn't even know his own area even after living there for God knows how long???

Prob six months. Mal rider , too afraid to go out at G-land , homophobic wannabe. Loser.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:23 am

^^^^^^

and every other post you've made in this thread ... :shock: ... seek help or change your medication ... you need to get over the trauma of the 6th grade and move on man (or woman or whatever you are ... :?: )

Buff Brad ... the only person on record who has been refused entry into every mental institution ...

sparky_12
regular

Post by sparky_12 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:30 am

surfed shark island on yesterday morning before sunrise, as long as theres other people around you who cares :p