No wave surfs

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Re: No wave surfs

Post by oldman » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:56 pm

danw wrote:what part grazza play. he's topic :?:
hhhmmmmmmm. He card read good. :shock:

You make a fine point there dan. Perhaps grazza should be Bear.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

danw
regular

Post by danw » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:04 pm

oldman wrote:
danw wrote:what part grazza play. he's topic :?:
hhhmmmmmmm. He card read good. :shock:

You make a fine point there dan. Perhaps grazza should be Bear.
was not trying be smartarse, yu idea interesting.
but im also curious the topic. my qeustion for grazza would be, do you step it up when jump in the water?? as i age find vigilance more important than ever.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:26 pm

dinosaur wrote:I reckon Buff Brad would be better suited to the part of Peggy - The point grinder.
I couldn't remember who was known as the point grinder, but I sure remembered the title. Couldn't give that one to Kyles so had to just stay away.

No doubt BB would see himself as the enforcer, but your motion is carried. BB for the point grinder.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:32 pm

oldman wrote:Darrell Fetty - Waxer - Surfin Turf
damn ... :x how come I have to get killed in Nam ... :?

I'd rather be that kid at the start that wont let matt use his board .... and says

" that earzzz matt jarsann ... "

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:28 am

Don’t panic Dino … there is still one very important part available … it may only be a bit part … but it is an integral part of the movie … and underlines the integrity and attitude of one of the major players … how would you feel about playing the steam iron … it is after all … undisputedly full of piss ... :lol:
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:34 am

dinosaur wrote:stop whining Sir Walter. I didn't even get a part.
Come on Dino, nominate yourself for your preferred part. Don't be shy. You too surfin.

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:58 pm

dinosaur wrote:I'd like to play the Moke drinking wine and playing the uke at Bears wedding.
"Still here" can be the hippy waiter at the restaurant who doesn't serve meat and calls Matt Johnson "Brother". MJ's reply to him is:-

"I'm not your brother, and turn off that crappy music!".

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:24 pm

dinosaur wrote:
chrisb wrote:
dinosaur wrote:I'd like to play the Moke drinking wine and playing the uke at Bears wedding.
"Still here" can be the hippy waiter at the restaurant who doesn't serve meat and calls Matt Johnson "Brother". MJ's reply to him is:-

Roy Stewart ?
Not sure if that's his name, couldn't find it on imdb. I'm sure that "still here's" online hippy musings will be a good match for that waiter's demeanour.

As for me, I'll cover Gerry Lopez's role seeing no-one else has taken it. :D

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:55 pm

Yeah, it was a difficult time in Hawaii being the centre of attention driving the only then Mini Moke in the island everybody looking and asking the cars name "Mini Mode" slipped off the tongue easily, even got invites to non Haole spots, it would have no wave surfs if it was a Mini Moke.
When i go over now can tell the story as it is a good yarn, bustin down the garage door!
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:58 pm

chrisb wrote:

in a similar vein I see TMC as the kid at the surf shop in Pointless Break who says

"surfing's the source man... I swear to god."

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:54 pm

iggy wrote:
oldman wrote:Gary Busey - Leroy - Iggy
i can work with that...
For some reason Iggs, the scene that really nailed it for me was seeing him oil himself up at the party and jump headlong into the oven.

I could just see you doing that ....................................... 8)

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:04 pm

Spot him; There was an early role for the guy that played Eddie Kruger and the mouse eating reptile alien in the series V, guess it just carried on from Big Wednesday.
Haven't had the pleasure of the Long Reef BBQs so can't put avatars to faces but you're slowly cluing me up!

jaffa

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:01 pm

At 42, and one serious back operation, I am slowly starting to come to grips with the fact that I am not 18 to 24 anymore. I no longer will take off on semi dry reef just because no one else is surfing it, cant afford new boards when I snap one. I will think twice about going out unless absolutely perfect when it is real big, I got kids now, they are more important to me than anything and Im not as fit as I use to be. My reflexes arent as quick as before and experience only gets you so far in the big stuff.

Admit havent had a nightmare surf like you described for a long time, and to tell you the truth dont think I want to have one either, my age now tells me that it wouldnt be fun with my back anymore. While when I was younger there was just no thought of self preservation. I have them know. So my limit has dropped by 2 foot or so, so what.

But still love my surfing, out a 5 in the morning at least 3 to 4 times a week and to the guy that is 61 and still surfing, what a inspiration.

The Bower, that just brings back memories, great wave. Im sure you havent found your age is slowing you down to much yet mate, to be able to run up to the carpark after that :shock: excellent mate, just excellent
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 pm

diggerdickson wrote: But still love my surfing, out a 5 in the morning at least 3 to 4 times a week and to the guy that is 61 and still surfing, what a inspiration.
Digger, I'm out at first light, too. A little south of you if your favourite spot is where you're surfing. I'm at that big headland just north of Caloundra. Don't need to get any further north than the Bluff most days and normally don't need to go north of Currimundi Lakes.
I don't feel 61. So I don't see myself as an inspiration.
But I sure as hell am having fun.

Chong
regular

Post by Chong » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:44 pm

What about no "good" wave surfs"? Unfortunately I have them more than I would like as I'm restricted to surfing a fickle, flukey beachie during weekdays that can be fun at times (yesterday) & on other days serves up lumpy closeout lurchburgers (today). I reckon these can be just as frustrating as no wave surfs and seriously erode your surfing confidence metre if you go a week or two riding sub par waves.

Trev G - I reckon its farking awesome that you are still hitting it at 61. One of my long term goals is to stay fit , flexible & healthy enough to surf into my "mature" years (not saying that you are old ).

& Grazza if you need life insurance I would have a look at http://www.lifebroker.com.au as they seem fairly cheap.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:08 pm

Chong wrote:What about no "good" wave surfs"? Unfortunately I have them more than I would like as I'm restricted to surfing a fickle, flukey beachie during weekdays that can be fun at times (yesterday) & on other days serves up lumpy closeout lurchburgers (today). I reckon these can be just as frustrating as no wave surfs and seriously erode your surfing confidence metre if you go a week or two riding sub par waves.

Trev G - I reckon its farking awesome that you are still hitting it at 61. One of my long term goals is to stay fit , flexible & healthy enough to surf into my "mature" years (not saying that you are old ).

& Grazza if you need life insurance I would have a look at http://www.lifebroker.com.au as they seem fairly cheap.
The guys I really admire are those in their 50's who still tackle Hawaii etc (Nick a& co). And how about Gerry Lopez? Now there's a legend.

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:01 pm

One special type of no wave surf you get as you get older is the surf where you sit and share the waves with your sons as they teach their children to surf just like you taught them.
I imagine Trev G would know that too :D

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:45 am

Chong wrote:Trev G - I reckon its farking awesome that you are still hitting it at 61. One of my long term goals is to stay fit , flexible & healthy enough to surf into my "mature" years (not saying that you are old ).
Same here. I hope I can still be doing it when I'm 71 if I can help it.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love