Nat Young Interview

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

worldsurfradio
Grommet

Nat Young Interview

Post by worldsurfradio » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:16 pm

I will be doing an interview with Nat Young sometime in March -
Questions are welcome from people.
I am going to take around 10 questions from listeners so just PM them to me.

LONGINUS
barnacle

Re: Nat Young Interview

Post by LONGINUS » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:21 pm

Would be keen to know if Nat is planning one last 'grand surf tour' of some of the truly remote breaks such as the Marshal Islands etc. It must be a real moment of clarity to revisit somewhere you have surfed and loved and say...I will never be back here again...
salty wrote:Surfing Atlas WTF? ...I have to pay a sign-up fee in order to expose to the masses, pictures of and directions to my favorite breaks! http://www.surfingatlas.com

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:50 am

WHEN NAT WAS BASHED....and sold his story for cash

he was quoted as saying he was going use the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

too educate surfers and put up sign boards at popular breaks

can you ask him if that eva happened :?

p.s oh....and can you ask him about his worst shark experience :idea: ....

cause u wasting your breath thinkin u get a answer too the first one :roll:

p.p.s and can you post a link ya show...i've lost it while back :oops:
Last edited by mustkillmulloway on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

eMpowered
Local

Post by eMpowered » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:52 am

Nat's Nat and That's That did it for me back a couple of years ago. Wn Ker to title your book with that for starters. Been to Angourie a couple of times in the day's, But not lately. Would love to see how Nat's going now that the biggest house on campus belong's to Billabongs king.

Beau's a good bloke though.

BTW I'm back......

That mean that I get to right a self titled book with a limerick off the back?

M

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:58 am

mustkillmulloway wrote:WHEN NAT WAS BASHED....and sold his story for cash

he was quoted as saying he was going use the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

too educate surfers and put up sign boards at popular breaks

can you ask him if that eva happened :?
Yeah Mate, I've seen a couple of them on the Sunny Coast at least. Can't remember where but I'm almost sure one of them is at Alex.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:04 am

Nat is a bit controversial at times but he was the man at a time in Aussie surfing and prob deserves a bit more cred than he gets sometimes I think ( IMO ), look how some other legends ended up ( MP and the cross dresser trannie dud e who started the 'man on man' formate who's name escapes me this morning )...least Nat is still surfing and going alright too for 60 something and on a shortboard. I've surfed with him and chatted and he seems ok, maybe done some questionable shhiiittt in the past but who hasnt..( look at any famous Aussie sports personality ) its the Aussie way to faaarrrkkk up a bit then the average Aussie ( who are farrrkkkiiinnnnn up all the time themselves ) can criticise you....it maks them interesting and look forward to the interview, please post a reminder and link a day or so before....Not sure he spends much time at Anga's anymore, only see him once in a while...
His daughter Nava is cool and her boyfriend ( Taylor someone ) really rips...Nava is a good muso too... 8)

and yes the biggest house on the point is finished and it is big and very impressive...amazing views to wake up to thats for sure...

peter droun, thats him... :roll:
Last edited by pridmore on Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:18 am

pridmore wrote:and yes the biggest house on the point is finished and it is big and very impressive...
Nat ... what type of turf did you lay , living so close to the ocean do you have any insights on maintaining a lawn effected by salt ...

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:25 am

Surfin Turf wrote:
pridmore wrote:and yes the biggest house on the point is finished and it is big and very impressive...
Nat ... what type of turf did you lay , living so close to the ocean do you have any insights on maintaining a lawn effected by salt ...
ST, its actually Gordon Merchants place and no turf yet , still a few trucks and stuff finshing it off, heaps of great trees though, pandanus and banksias ( large ones ), they are coastal but not sure about the turf, I will give him your number if you have good info on it though....( hasnt this thread got off track quickly...) 8)

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:40 am

Funny looking at old comp photos from the sixties. Saw one in that Surfarama Book of Nat, Keith Paul, Midget and Peter Drouyn lined up for the National Titles Final. So what are your future plans fellas?

I'd ask Nat if he's found some humility over the years and if he's found it hard to take highly ethical stands when he's acted pretty unethically on a few occasions. He really would have made a good politician when you think about it. No pangs of guilt like Pete Garrett :roll:

He's still a giant figure in Aussie Surfing History for all that. I read it in his book :D
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:51 am

dinosaur wrote:Question 2. Hey Nat could you tell us all that story about, punching that retarded kid in the face cause you thought he was leering at your pre teen daughter.
wow, didnt hear about that one.....I read the book but there seems to be lots about Nat I havent heard.... :o

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:32 pm

My cousin was telling me he dropped in on Nat at Manly years back and Nat chased him out of the surf threatening to punch him out. What a bully. :o

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:02 pm

Oh, bring on the internet scuttlebutt and rumours from internet warriors.
Qu.3: Nat, would you ever give a flying fcuck about anonymous internet cock-smokers who post annoying little parasitic posts which generally show them up to be small-minded and bitter losers ?
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:38 pm

Look Oldman, it's the TPS alive and well. :D :lol:

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:42 pm

Question 5. Hey Nat I know you and Midget had some major disagreement many moons (pun intended) ago. What I've always wondered was who was the train and who was the tunnel?

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:38 pm

Yeah, your probably right RM. Just can't stand anonymous cheap shots from the sidelines.
Nat and his wife Ti fed me and a mate for free one night when we didn't have two coins to rub together.
Yes, he's pulled a few raw angles , also done a few great things.
Deserves more than to be called a cnut by some anonymous internet hero.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:48 pm

Steve

ask the old boofhead whether he remembers pulling up at Mrs Browns at the top of the pass in 1964, and getting one of his gophers to hop on up and ask US if he could stay the night.
Ask him if he remembers the bloke with big ears who looked over the gophers shoulder, saw his ugly mug in the front passenger seat, and said NO thanks!

Then tell him that since that day we were all square for the elbow in the face he gave me for being on his inside out front of his mum's home in collaroy way back in the dawn of time.

GregL
Grommet

Post by GregL » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:20 am

I would ask him what he's been doing lately and what he thinks of internet forums.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:30 am

Question : Did it take long for your elbow to heal … and have you ever gotten over the trauma of Larry’s sickening attack on you using his face for a weapon … ?
I suppose you can feel lucky that he didn’t use those tremendous ears of his … f**k man ears can kill.
:shock:
Question : How many stingrays did you have to kill before learning to carve your name in their carcass correctly … ?
:twisted:
Question : Where have all those groovy old boards gone that used to be hung around the walls at Yamba pub … ?
:cry:
Question : Honestly …of all the episodes in your past … what is your biggest regret … ?
:oops:
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.