Shark attack at Bondi

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

dy_fo_life
regular

Re: Shark attack at Bondi

Post by dy_fo_life » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Stop press

always quick to blame the shark, just heard that due to the location they now suspect a mulloway.
Don't go swimming with a bagel in your pocket.

dy_fo_life
regular

Post by dy_fo_life » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:14 pm

Stop press

always quick to blame the shark, just heard that due to the location they now suspect a mulloway.
Don't go swimming with a bagel in your pocket.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:21 pm

steve shearer wrote:I suggest anyone looking for hard data on shark numbers try and get the numbers from QLD's shark netting/drum line program.
I personally saw more last year , due to the flood rain we had here.
Ha, they'll NEVER give you that information. Likewise in NSW. You'd have to apply through FoI and they could deny you in any case, since the information would be protected by the "commercial-in-confidence" crap.

steve I said "until recently", not "forever and a day".

2nd Reef
Harry the Hat

Post by 2nd Reef » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:39 pm

I got the info for the programs in both states sent to me recently. And it wasn't from a govt. department.

I'll try to retrieve it.

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:56 pm

RickyG wrote:Funster, can't you read? one of the earlier posts was that a he is afriend of a local guy.
If you are genuine I suggest you do something about your spelling and punctuation - you come across as a brain-dead moron.
all you fellas get fished in so easily... ignore them for long enough and trolls disappear

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:02 pm

Nick Carroll wrote: Ha, they'll NEVER give you that information.
Queensland DPI administers the shark netting program.
Found this in about 5 minutes.
Shows a decline in large shark captures.
http://www.oesr.qld.gov.au/queensland-b ... ndex.shtml
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:53 pm

streetdaddy wrote:
RickyG wrote:Funster, can't you read? one of the earlier posts was that a he is afriend of a local guy.
If you are genuine I suggest you do something about your spelling and punctuation - you come across as a brain-dead moron.
all you fellas get fished in so easily... ignore them for long enough and trolls disappear
My God where the hell have you been Street Daddy :shock: Fong didn't ressurect you with one of his old threads did he. Welcome back. 8)
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

danw
regular

Post by danw » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:05 pm

how about this rain, i reckon ill feed the lawn sunrise.
perfect time

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:50 pm

Shit aye, i didnt know that the bondi guy lost his hand. Thats awful. I wouldnt have posted that earlier comment if i knew it was that serious. At the time of posting it was just a word of mouth thing i heard. All the best for the guy and his family.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

Damage
Owl status

Post by Damage » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:35 pm

Coops@DY wrote:Shit aye, i didnt know that the bondi guy lost his hand.
Well he hasn't lost it ...yet.

He's being operated on over the weekend and its 50/50 apparently whether he will lose it or not.

As I said before his family have asked for 'privacy' so I can't be too forthcoming but I can tell you that he's not a brazillian tourist and yes he's gonna be a dad in a couple of months.

He has been surfing for 25yrs and my tuesday night oz-tag team is going to miss him.

Like most of us he was always gently dismissive of the whole getting-eaten-by-a-shark thing. I don't think he'd mind me saying that.

Luckily for him ( :wink: ) , he's got great family and friends who will help him to get through this whattever the outcome.

Jaysus.......no attacks at Bondi for 70 or 80 years or whatever it is, I'm putting it at 1 in 20 or 30 million if you think about all the people that have ever dipped a toe in there. Unlucky bastard! :shock:

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:02 pm

Damage wrote:
Coops@DY wrote:Shit aye, i didnt know that the bondi guy lost his hand.
Well he hasn't lost it ...yet.

He's being operated on over the weekend and its 50/50 apparently whether he will lose it or not.

As I said before his family have asked for 'privacy' so I can't be too forthcoming but I can tell you that he's not a brazillian tourist and yes he's gonna be a dad in a couple of months.

He has been surfing for 25yrs and my tuesday night oz-tag team is going to miss him.

Like most of us he was always gently dismissive of the whole getting-eaten-by-a-shark thing. I don't think he'd mind me saying that.

Luckily for him ( :wink: ) , he's got great family and friends who will help him to get through this whattever the outcome.

Jaysus.......no attacks at Bondi for 70 or 80 years or whatever it is, I'm putting it at 1 in 20 or 30 million if you think about all the people that have ever dipped a toe in there. Unlucky bastard! :shock:
Mate, hope all goes well with him and his family, nice to see the hard heads get behind and moderate their comments and give genuine support.
jaffa
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Honour

Post by Honour » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:33 am

Hope the guys is going to be ok, scary stuff when it's at Bondi :| .

RickyG
Snowy McAllister

Post by RickyG » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:41 am

Spoon wrote:
streetdaddy wrote:
My God where the hell have you been Street Daddy :shock: Fong didn't ressurect you with one of his old threads did he. Welcome back. 8)
Yeah, first Kalakau Kid now Streetdaddy's back :lol: Who's next? Bumbaclot, Stuey, the Boat?
andy2476 wrote:
Ricky gets my vote. I hate undercover tards.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:01 am

Ah, wheres Vic Heslop when you need him. What a country-fire, floods and a shark attack plague :shock:

So statistically if you go-chance of a shark attack 1 in a thousand and then you get two or three in the same area in a short time. Doesn't that change the probability rather dramatically?

Hard core response paddling to shore after warning others. If it was me I would have just died of fright :shock: Hope he recovers well.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

monkey
regular

Post by monkey » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:31 am

Viccy Hislop is locked and loaded just waiting for a council or state gov to snap and declare war on the noahs.
I've just noticed a wasp nest under one of my windows - maybe he'd like to pop a cap their ass to warm up?

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:52 am

Vic is one guy i wouldnt mind seeing dragged behind a boat off Neptune Island after some "chum holes" had been stabbed into his torso, being snapped in half by a breaching White Shark. :)
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

bohdidontsurf
Local

Post by bohdidontsurf » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:20 pm

Coops@DY wrote:Vic is one guy i wouldnt mind seeing dragged behind a boat off Neptune Island after some "chum holes" had been stabbed into his torso, being snapped in half by a breaching White Shark. :)

Coops you really are one of Gods mistakes, you worthless piece of shit. I dont buy for one minute your new found empathy for this guy now you know he may lose his hand. Any shark attack is serious and this poor bastard was so scared AND injured he thought he was going to die and was worried for his wife and unborn child. I for one ( and others such as Surfin) would love to meet you and punch the fuck out of you. I hope one day I or others who know this guy find out who you are so we can make ourselves clear. Your a fucking coward of the lowest degree, would you stand in front of his family and repeat your crap? Maybe you would. No doubt I will never know who you are but Karma is real and you have some heavy shit coming your way. Goose.

danw
regular

Post by danw » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:05 pm

^^this reply remind me that pink song keeps playing on radio. im going get in trouble im going get in fight