Real(ly really slow)Surf

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

lessormore
barnacle

Real(ly really slow)Surf

Post by lessormore » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:11 am

Is the reason loading of Realsurf forum has slooowwed to a crawl so we can have more time to contemplate buying a 7S superfish or is the server now running on a 56k modem?
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

creased
Local

Re: Real(ly really slow)Surf

Post by creased » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:17 am

Maybe they're just having a really bad Monday too :idea:

:evil:

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:32 am

creased wrote:Maybe they're just having a really bad Monday too :idea:

:evil:

Thats feasible except its been that way for over a week and today----is Tuesday!
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:56 am

Ringmaster wrote:They conveniently left out....'turns like a Mack truck'...............'as responsive as an 80 year olds penis' etc etc
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Must be somewhere in the fine print Ringo.

Internet speeds way beyond annoying now. Would be the death knell of the forums, which many say are dying anyway.

What would we do then? How could we get through a work day without Ringo gratuitously posting a picture of a finely formed female. :(
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:13 am

ah foo pause wait wait pause

funny Ringas mentioning a Mack, that was my first impression of my new fat board, even funnier is I always wanted a prime mover without the trailer, and didja know Juneau's in Alaska, and that you don't use the clutch to drive a Mack truck :?: :shock: except for 1st 8)

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:14 am

oldman wrote:What would we do then? How could we get through a work day without Ringo gratuitously posting a picture of a finely formed female. :(

Here ya go Olds, an internet woman at 1995 prices:

offshore1 wrote:^^^I don't think anyone really cares [about boogie boarders] anymore Dae.
\none left on the forum.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:49 am

I sent a message to admin. No reply yet. You'd think they'd at least post a message somewhere telling us what's going on and for how long.

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:14 pm

...click on a link... open up the SMH website in another tab... go back to RealSurf... still loading... back to the SMH... quick browse & click on an article... back to RealSurf... still loading... back to the SMH to read the article... back to RealSurf to find the first page of the thread has finally opened... don't want that so click on the last page... back to the SMH to read another article... back to RealSurf... still loading... back to the SMH to find another article to read... back to RealSurf... still loading... back to the SMH to read another article... back to RealSurf... last page has finally loaded but there's only one message posted on that page so maybe I missed something on the previous one... click the link to the previous page... head back to the SMH & read another article... back to RealSurf... still loading... back to the SMH only to find I've read everything worth reading... back to RealSurf... still loading... off to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee... back to my desk... RealSurf still loading... f*ck... do a google search for something else to kill time... go take a leak... back to RealSurf... finally loaded... & I have read the posts on that page... can I be bothered browsing the forums anymore... close the RealSurf tab.

Maybe I ought to do some work.

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:58 pm

I am f#$^&*& over it! So slooowwwwwwwwww.

It's as bad as towing into four-foot South Straddie (see Coastalwatch front pgae) What a f#$%&* joke!

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:26 pm

Dae wrote:
oldman wrote:What would we do then? How could we get through a work day without Ringo gratuitously posting a picture of a finely formed female. :(
Here ya go Olds, an internet woman at 1995 prices:
Thanks Dae,

I note the fine print says Ms November 1967. Woo hoo, a hottie.

This is hilarious. Run a big database query, wait. Go to realsurf while waiting, click on a topic and wait. Go and find the query has come back while waiting, cut and paste to excel and wait, go back and run another big query while waiting, wait. Go to realsurf and read the topic and decide whether to post. Post a comment, wait. Go back to database while waiting, run a big query, wait! Pick my nose, wait. Copy and Paste to excel, wait. If I can find a fourth useful thing to do I think I can get the rhythm just right.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:55 pm

admin :!:

please explain :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

danw
regular

Post by danw » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:50 pm

realsurf topics still the same on my computer. always been very slow, i click make replky, and come back 2 hrs later to ytpe the reply

has never bother me cos i like read the things people write

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:57 pm

danw wrote:realsurf topics still the same on my computer. always been very slow, i click make replky, and come back 2 hrs later to ytpe the reply
really interQesting that is likYe could be that yRour comTputer has idBea not the what KfcUk you tryZing are to sWay maybe idVea just GfcUk knows .... :idea:

danw
regular

Post by danw » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:13 pm

^^ that first time you give me chit, i waer it. look forward to havina surf ST 8)

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:19 pm

^^^^^

admit yes must deserve like talk yodaturtle so sh!t cop ... surf yeah OK but forum slow sh!t as f'cked fix up don ... busy but surf morning ... forum later fix please ... sh!tting off me ...

danw
regular

Post by danw » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:32 pm

^^forries, this winter.. or box either one
probably only be handful days choose from??

danw
regular

Post by danw » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:40 pm

i know this topic about'realsurf' internet, buut anyone else feel this winter produce some waves for east oast?? i feel it. more energy, we will see yoda

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:51 pm

danw wrote:realsurf topics still the same on my computer. always been very slow, i click make replky, and come back 2 hrs later to ytpe the reply

has never bother me cos i like read the things people write
Dan, If you go into your local computer shop you'll find you can get an upgraded model to the Commodore 64 :lol: