Page 1 of 885

Where did you surf today ?

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:27 pm
by pridmore
I know threads like these have been done before but just keen to hear where you guys surfed today ? and what the waves were like, size, conditions etc... and what board did you ride and how was it in those waves ??? 8)

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:30 pm
by Kunji
Today was the first time I took a board out this year. I have been bodysurfing everyday due to the flat spell.

I went out Curly. It was 1.5 feet maybe 2. Weak, gutless trash.

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:46 pm
by Surfin Turf
not saying because I will be heading there again in the morning ... it was small , 2' on the freak sets ... fairly weak and tough going to make something of it ... I hope all the hard work trying to make something of dribble over the past weeks is gonna pay off somehow ... everyday I think how easy it would have been to just sleep in ... :|

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:47 pm
by lambert
sounds like hatch is coming up at a good time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Today AM sunny coast

Image

Image

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:01 pm
by Butts
Surfin Turf wrote:not saying because I will be heading there again in the morning ... it was small , 2' on the freak sets ... fairly weak and tough going to make something of it ... I hope all the hard work trying to make something of dribble over the past weeks is gonna pay off somehow ... everyday I think how easy it would have been to just sleep in ... :|

Well, well, well :lol: :lol: :lol:
ST, your other spot was shite this am, surprising difference to mine :?

I was at mine this morning, nice 2ft with the occasional 3ft :shock:
Very inconsistent.

Got a couple on the red bastard, and ensured I did my usual on at least a couple, trying to turn a nice left into an unmakeable right :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sunshine Coast for me the next couple of days, Fong, Tiger and TrevG are already telling me WHERE I will be surfing :wink: 8)

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:06 pm
by Fuschia
Had head high take-offs this morning which quickly degenerated to about 2 ft after the drop. Side shore wind as usual lately, however its been better for the last month than at any time in the previous five.
My usual "Wave Signature" mal.

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:41 pm
by Chong
Went the late at the bra. It was a full 2 foot with the occasional 2 1/2 footer and was fairly underwhelming. I rode my standard shortie a 6'2" X 19" X 2 5/16" Bourton Pseudo Fish. To be honest I can't wait until the autumnal weather patterns kick in as I am soooo farking over this abysmal sydney summer of desperation.

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:49 pm
by daryl
Didn't today. Heading out late this Fri pm after AcOH wears off see what am has to offer :D

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:10 pm
by Chong
Iggy wrote:
exactly why i swerved it t
oday...
that joint does my head it's full, fat, and crowded


I hear what you are saying - but the bra is the only eastside beach that has seemed to have a semi rideable wave in these limpid NE windswells lately.

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:28 pm
by mustkillmulloway
granite (2 ft...no banks :cry: as if i'd say anything else :wink:

on my little yellow most loved fish :wink:

would been better off on a longboard

but it's too long walk carry it all the way out there

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:49 pm
by marcus_h
Just down the local bluff. Went for an arvo session on the mal, took out the more quaddy yesterday but was a bit too fat so stuck with the 9'6" today.

Was fun, bit choppy but the faces were generally smooth but a little sectiony.

Mark saw Kerry out there and a brief chat.

Lambert - some nice shots there, was it consistantly that big at the spot in the 2nd photo?

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:01 am
by pridmore
I surfed my fav right hander and it was bloody good ( sorry to rub it in , I feel for you guys struggling in 2 ft mush ), overhead on the sets, super clean and glassy, quite crowded due to teacher strike but still got plenty of good ones. best session there in months. some of the sets were nice but I was hanging just inside a bit and getting the slightly smaller but wedgier ones that ran thru the inside, had an absolute ball.... I was riding my CDD trial board that goes awesome out there. its 6'3" x 19 1/4" x 2 1/2" rounded square tail thruster , its the only thruster I have ATM ( rest are quads )but it I like theses dims on my backhand, always have, just works for me...saw plenty of guys on too small equipment not getting many waves and when they were, they couldnt make the sections..all the MORE for me.... :roll: :D :D :D

Marcus- surfing the old Bluff hey ? that place can be so soft but when it lines up and has some push to the swell, can be great fun...Didnt know you knew Kerry, what was he riding out there ? not his mal I hope ?....

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:55 am
by steve shearer
Surfed the next well known right point north of you Mark.
3-4 ft, tropical blue water, light/moderate crowd with a heavy kook/euro backpacker element.
Super rippable in that window of butter texture between the morning offshore and a very light ESE seabreeze.
Rode a 6'2" Brocky high performance eggy thing.
Very curvy outline, tri-plane hull with heaps of squirt, insane paddler and eats up pointbreak sections.
A smooth, rail carver that likes to run a turn full length on the rail outline.
Nothing epic but super fun. Heard it'd been good down your way.

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:52 am
by Surfin Turf
Butts wrote:Well, well, well :lol: :lol: :lol:
ST, your other spot was shite this am, surprising difference to mine :?

I was at mine this morning, nice 2ft with the occasional 3ft :shock:
Very inconsistent.


I went to a different spot ... so I think I was north of you (at the sunrise photo spot ... :idea: ) same conditions as you describe ... but you forgot to mention the water temp... :shock: .. the punters are gonna get a shock today when they show up at the beach to excape the heat ... :lol:

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:19 pm
by Spoon
Had the usual mal saturday session at Longy. Sat about 30 metres south of a very large pack of old people on mals with my mate. Got a few surprises but froze my balls off as I sat there in boardies. Agreeing with ST, the water was refreshing. :shock:

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:24 pm
by pridmore
Spoon wrote:Had the usual mal saturday session at Longy. Sat about 30 metres south of a very large pack of old people on mals with my mate. Got a few surprises but froze my balls off as I sat there in boardies. Agreeing with ST, the water was refreshing. :shock:



cold up here too, it hit here yesterday....refreshing thats for sure and even kept a few limpies out of the water....

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:50 pm
by marcus_h
Mark - Yeah mark Ive seen Kerry around the traps for a while but only met him officially when I picked up my board from you.

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:47 pm
by pridmore
steve shearer wrote:Surfed the next well known right point north of you Mark.
3-4 ft, tropical blue water, light/moderate crowd with a heavy kook/euro backpacker element.
Super rippable in that window of butter texture between the morning offshore and a very light ESE seabreeze.
Rode a 6'2" Brocky high performance eggy thing.
Very curvy outline, tri-plane hull with heaps of squirt, insane paddler and eats up pointbreak sections.
A smooth, rail carver that likes to run a turn full length on the rail outline.
Nothing epic but super fun. Heard it'd been good down your way.


has Chris got a site where I can view his shapes, cant find anything when I google....keen on seeing his stuff coz really liked some shapes in 'Believe' and that Marcus guy was carcing on an egg, I think it was an eggy shape...??? 8)