Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Butts, beach_defender, Shari, collnarra, Forum Moderators

User avatar
Hatchnam
Duke Status
Posts: 15083
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Hatchnam » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:35 am

Could you please write that again all in caps lock ??
godsavethequeen wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:55 pm
My beef has always and only been with the realistic range available to the average Sydney working stiff
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

User avatar
Trev
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23070
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Trev » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:47 am

Hatchnam wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:37 am
Hmmm. Maybe. But then we’d need to overlook your bizarre spack outs over loofy

:|
Which lasted a couple of days and died a natural death.
Unlike you two who have been going at it like a couple of rabbits for years
#sixfeetissixfeet!

User avatar
Thud
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 6271
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Thud » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:07 pm

Copacabana for few days. Not bad with the east swell.

So I’m spending a little time up here having bought a place in Avoca.

Terrigal is like little Britain, I had no idea. Hence there’s quite a few Englishman in the water. No offence to anyone on this site but, they are next level clueless (the three or four I’ve engaged with). Which is forgivable however, it’s the rubbish surf chat they go on with. They lay it on thick. It’s bit embarrassing.
“Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far” — THEODORE ROOSVELT

Drailed
Duke Status
Posts: 16073
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Drailed » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:51 pm

Holiday house Thud?
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

User avatar
BA
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8315
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:03 pm
Location: tits

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by BA » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Chest-high, windy freight trains at DY. Loads of spray in the face. Couldn’t see a thing. Fun in a springy.

User avatar
Thud
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 6271
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Thud » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:26 pm

Drailed wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:51 pm
Holiday house Thud?
50/50 living. Avoca and City (place in Erko)

No offence meant to you (or anyone) The Sydney chapter of poms seem to have their heads screwed on.
“Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far” — THEODORE ROOSVELT

User avatar
marauding mullet
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: an upside down valiant

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by marauding mullet » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:28 pm

BA wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:10 pm
Chest-high, windy freight trains at DY. Loads of spray in the face. Couldn’t see a thing. Fun in a springy.
Fcuk I really miss those days at this time of year.
petulance wrote: 01100100 01101001 01100111 01101001 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011

Drailed
Duke Status
Posts: 16073
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Drailed » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Thud wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:26 pm
Drailed wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:51 pm
Holiday house Thud?
50/50 living. Avoca and City (place in Erko)

No offence meant to you (or anyone) The Sydney chapter of poms seem to have their heads screwed on.

non taken, I honestly couldn't give a fccck. :-D-:
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

User avatar
ajohnsen
Duke Status
Posts: 11841
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:38 am
Location: Marrickville

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by ajohnsen » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:30 pm

Thud wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:07 pm
Copacabana for few days. Not bad with the east swell.

I have fond memories of surfing Copa Point as a grom, and pitching a tent in the beach front scrub, which I'm sure has gone. Given the unreliability of memory, what's the point actually like Thud? In my mind, it was unreal when it was on. But then, I also have memories of a pumping Collaroy Point.

User avatar
Thud
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 6271
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Thud » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:35 pm

I’ve just surfed outside of the surf club and Mac Masters point last week. There were a few guys on long boards getting a few towards the point when I was out at Copa.

So far on the S/SE North Avoca to McMasters been a little fickle and the sand banks aren’t great. Waiting for some NE.
Last edited by Thud on Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far” — THEODORE ROOSVELT

User avatar
Thud
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 6271
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Thud » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:41 pm

Drailed wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:29 pm
Thud wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:26 pm
Drailed wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:51 pm
Holiday house Thud?
50/50 living. Avoca and City (place in Erko)

No offence meant to you (or anyone) The Sydney chapter of poms seem to have their heads screwed on.

non taken, I honestly couldn't give a fccck. :-D-:
Good to know
“Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far” — THEODORE ROOSVELT

User avatar
Hatchnam
Duke Status
Posts: 15083
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Hatchnam » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:11 pm

2-3 foot easterly swell fanned by a too-strong offshore wind. Fun, but frustrating at times.
godsavethequeen wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:55 pm
My beef has always and only been with the realistic range available to the average Sydney working stiff
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER
Posts: 40098
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Cheese Cave

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Beanpole » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:19 pm

Ditto.

User avatar
Wyre
Harry the Hat
Posts: 2541
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Wyre » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:45 pm

I started at Stanny, which showed loads of promise- solid 3 sets and plenty of peaks, but the wind started howling and the backwash thing happened, so I jumped in the car and got to that place that rhymes with Neddies.

One very nice bodyboarder and myself for two hours with some awesome little nuggets coming in. Just beautiful shape, some small barrels.

Surfed too long and got in a bit of trouble, late to school pickup!
godsavethequeen wrote:I wonder if reg is still thrashing the neighbour's elderly poodle with his wattle branch.

Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER
Posts: 40098
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Cheese Cave

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Beanpole » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:03 pm

Maccas/Tama/Bronte looking pretty good. Tended to get held up in the lip and hard to see who you were aiming at but fun. Lots of hollow waves.

User avatar
Hatchnam
Duke Status
Posts: 15083
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Hatchnam » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:20 pm

Wyre wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:45 pm
I started at Stanny, which showed loads of promise- solid 3 sets and plenty of peaks, but the wind started howling and the backwash thing happened, so I jumped in the car and got to that place that rhymes with Neddies.

One very nice bodyboarder and myself for two hours with some awesome little nuggets coming in. Just beautiful shape, some small barrels.

Surfed too long and got in a bit of trouble, late to school pickup!
I was almost gonna head there. Or sharkies. But didn’t hit the beach til mid arvo.
godsavethequeen wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:55 pm
My beef has always and only been with the realistic range available to the average Sydney working stiff
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

batoes
charger
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:40 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by batoes » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:44 pm

Mystics then Madz. Lots of barrels today. Pity the wind was so strong.
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

User avatar
ajohnsen
Duke Status
Posts: 11841
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:38 am
Location: Marrickville

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by ajohnsen » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:37 am

Lovely waves at the Bra this morning. Rights and lefts, breaking on shallow banks so nice and hollow.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests