Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Beanpole » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:37 pm

Wind is less of an issue as you go West. It tends to be more side shore. Someone else over there said it was way down as far as people goes.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:36 am

The people I spoke to said it is about 30% occupancy because of the volcano. You can’t get insurance that includes volcanic eruption cover.
And no salty I only had one onshore surf and that was the last day. Other than that I had 3-5 foot waves every day.
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:28 am

Easy 30 knot southerly this morning down south. Tucked into a south corner and did battle with the elements after being goaded into going surfing with a couple of idiot mates. Building swell, a messy 3-4ft and pretty soft. Faces were surprisingly clean if you could find one. Water temp has increased again with the southerly flow, i'm guessing around 23 deg today, maybe more. With the constant wind spray we lasted about an hour before our eyes started to bleed.
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

Thud
Duke Status

Post by Thud » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Canguu is ok with a bit of onshore I reckon
Beanpole wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:34 pm
I grew up with Sikhs, Thudster.
Quoted from the book “A serendipitous life. Bean there, done that”

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:13 pm

super fun 4-6' shit flying everywhere, but warm. Felt like the North Shore in a 30 knot NE trade wind.

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:17 pm

Queenscliff, windy as hell, not as big as what NC surfed but 3-4 foot. Hard to get into them but just offshore enough to be super smooth when you got onto one.

Not really crowded either. Heaps of waves to go around.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:53 pm

whoa, strange surf, full on 20-plus-knot southerly, some deep swell pulse from the ENE, a fair bit of scattered SE windswell, and an occasional six wave set from the SE too.

All only adding up to 5' or so but every now and then something a bit larger.

Guessing the ENE bit is coming off the front edge of the winds on the eastern side of this low, the rubbish is just form the coastal winds, and the SE sets are from the bottom edge of the low as it begins to develop.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:54 pm

i feel a deep enmity towards surfers when i'm not surfing. i hate all their bullshit about where'd you surf today and where was the wind coming from and what was the swell period and wave size and how about your surfboard dimensions and volume and all that crap. they just rabbit on and on. they are the biggest wankers. god i'm glad i'm not one of them when i'm not surfing.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:15 pm

Shut up Al, all you do is talk.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:33 pm

really alakaboo? i always thought i was an action man. but what you've said today makes me want to take a good look at myself. thank you for your honesty and directness. will check back in tomorrow. mind you if you're wrong there'll be hell to pay - i'll talk even more than before. just one good look should be all it takes i estimatise.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:49 pm

hey i just realised talk is all anyone does on a discussion forum! not fair.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:01 pm

:D
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:48 pm

well speaking for myself, at least now I understand some part of the deep concealed enmity I've always felt from you toward me Al. Some clarity at least.

foamy
Snowy McAllister

Post by foamy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:55 pm

But Lucky Al, the only time you can tastefully talk about surfing is when you are not surfing.

Obviously, conversation should be kept at a bit of a minimum while actually surfing. But, if a person wants to pass a brief comment about their daughter's new soccer coach, or their new kitchen tiles or why Cheryl's new boyfriend is a real dickhead, then that is quite OK. But while surfing, listening to someone spruik on about their theory of surfing or the WSL or surfboards or waves previously caught etc, that is extremely annoying. Whereas, talking about the same subjects at the pub is quite OK. I would contend, the only reasonable time to talk about surfing is when you are not surfing.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:11 pm

I would think it a perfectly natural reaction from a bloke who can surf really well but whose life circumstances have conspired to mostly keep him from doing it.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:16 pm

i was joking fellas, i'm actually one of you.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:20 pm

last week i rode a 5'10" von sol flying manta in sub-optimal conditions - waist-high lefts with slight cross-shore and bit of bump in the face.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:30 pm

foamy wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:55 pm
But Lucky Al, the only time you can tastefully talk about surfing is when you are not surfing.

Obviously, conversation should be kept at a bit of a minimum while actually surfing. But, if a person wants to pass a brief comment about their daughter's new soccer coach, or their new kitchen tiles or why Cheryl's new boyfriend is a real dickhead, then that is quite OK. But while surfing, listening to someone spruik on about their theory of surfing or the WSL or surfboards or waves previously caught etc, that is extremely annoying. Whereas, talking about the same subjects at the pub is quite OK. I would contend, the only reasonable time to talk about surfing is when you are not surfing.
you're too reasonable foamy. not fair!