Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

The Mighty Sunbird
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:32 am

It's Brave New World shit, hey

Or maybe 4Skins shit

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=APMlPJH_OGI
Erase.

Slobadan Madicubich
Harry the Hat

Post by Slobadan Madicubich » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:47 am

saltman wrote:
And there is the crux of NC story
As long as a known surfer is involved and there is heresay it's all OK
Then the laws do not apply
Or no one has the appetite to enforce them
yet another self appointed elite group with special needs & " abilities "

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:57 am

saltman wrote:
Brian Brainwave wrote:
Nick Carroll wrote:
Drailed wrote: Nick, what the fccck is going on in Narrabeen... Check out 2.20 ffs, that little kid being towed in next to those two paddlers...

http://www.swellnet.com/news/swellnet-d ... ches-video
yeah my understanding of that situation from people both paddling and towing is that everyone gets on fine and the tow crews are careful not to hog it, which is appreciated by the paddlers. Happy to hear otherwise from anyone who was out there. The kid is Kobi Clements, son of Steve.

still, doesn't make it right does it? Eddie Aikau is rolling in his grave somewhere, watching all these skis infiltrate paddling zones.

Paddling zones, Nick. For paddling!
And there is the crux of NC story
As long as a known surfer is involved and there is heresay it's all OK
Then the laws do not apply
Or no one has the appetite to enforce them
Well put Saltman
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:04 pm

^^^
Was it a spot that required a boat ride? At least the backpacker didn't say "I didn't look to see you on my inside because I was too tired".
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:53 pm

I just had my first surf at my new local. First time I've had the new twinnie in lined up waves. Offshore all day. The real autumn (sorry, steve, but it usually starts at the equinox) might be early. Knock off work. Ten minutes to home and two to the ocean. Now I'm on my Grizzly Adams verandah with a beer. Won't be needing the bear tonight as it's still pushing 30. Life is good
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:03 pm

The Autumn of Swivel has arrived!

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:20 pm

swvic wrote:I just had my first surf at my new local. First time I've had the new twinnie in lined up waves. Offshore all day. The real autumn (sorry, steve, but it usually starts at the equinox) might be early. Knock off work. Ten minutes to home and two to the ocean. Now I'm on my Grizzly Adams verandah with a beer. Won't be needing the bear tonight as it's still pushing 30. Life is good
Nice. East or West of where you were?

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:29 pm

PortC, but not the posh one

Yeah, 'boo, I think you're correct

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:25 pm

Fun little beachie. And I'm not normally a big fan of beachies.

Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:30 pm

yeah baby.

bend ze knees Trev.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:31 pm

still doing the mindfulness Vic?
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:45 pm

Yes I am. Been a real revelation for pain management. Surgeon confidently predicted I'd have already had the first shoulder clean out by now. I haven't taken antiinflammatories for months. Was on them daily

Nice Trev

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:09 am

Swivel are you willing to unpack your decision?
25 years is a long time, and particularly the last 10 from the sounds of things.

I don't actually expect you to. I certainly wouldn't.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:36 am

A few times I've started to and at some stage I probably will. I'm certainly not worried about any backlash - the opposite actually. Early on I did have some concern re the response of friends, but the understanding and support has been greater than I might have expected. Thinking further about it, I know that concern was unfounded because I'd have been the same had it been anyone else

The thing that would be hardest is avoiding disparaging mrs swvic. She certainly doesn't warrant that

Bit longer than 25 years too. Feb 1984. I was just shy of 21 and she was 18. Virtually our whole adult lives. Significant as that is and coupled with how devastated she remains, I haven't waivered from the decision

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:46 am

swvic wrote:I just had my first surf at my new local. First time I've had the new twinnie in lined up waves. Offshore all day. The real autumn (sorry, steve, but it usually starts at the equinox) might be early. Knock off work. Ten minutes to home and two to the ocean. Now I'm on my Grizzly Adams verandah with a beer. Won't be needing the bear tonight as it's still pushing 30. Life is good

in all my years here; you are the first fucken realsurfer I am actually jealous of.

empty, lined up and offshore waves two mins from home – and on a twin! grizzly adams verandah - though red wine is far more becoming on such a fine verandah, after all we're not philistines.

Once winter sets in, it's perfect. coming back to a warm fire and a welcoming dog, preferably a kelpie or lively border collie, cooking up a quick dinner then retiring to a fire and a good book and another glass of red. perhaps some light reading from Nikolai Gogol ... while the dog lays at your feet, and the fire breathes it's warmth over your lithe, naked torso.

hang on, a second. i digress.

My cabin in Tas was just like that. had a few days of an epic left hand reef, which I would love to talk more about, but cannot – as I'll be back there one day. When my kids finish school.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:48 am

swvic wrote:A few times I've started to and at some stage I probably will. I'm certainly not worried about any backlash - the opposite actually. Early on I did have some concern re the response of friends, but the understanding and support has been greater than I might have expected. Thinking further about it, I know that concern was unfounded because I'd have been the same had it been anyone else

The thing that would be hardest is avoiding disparaging mrs swvic. She certainly doesn't warrant that

Bit longer than 25 years too. Feb 1984. I was just shy of 21 and she was 18. Virtually our whole adult lives. Significant as that is and coupled with how devastated she remains, I haven't waivered from the decision

are you two still friends on any level?
Kunji wrote:

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:55 am

Yes, we're not philistines and the red is on the agenda. Will be doing the fire and red. Although a dog would be great company, it's too limiting for my lifestyle

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:57 am

swvic wrote:Yes, we're not philistines and the red is on the agenda. Will be doing the fire and red. Although a dog would be great company, it's too limiting for my lifestyle

yeah true. in tassie dogs don't limit your lifestyle at all, not like here on the mainland.

you can take a well behaved dog everywhere with you in tas. the shops, camping, surfing on the beach. if it's one of those endangered bird beaches, you just tie them up to a log or fallen tree and put a blanket down for them.
Kunji wrote: